First off, if you're using Google Map to head there, it will probably lead you to Avilion Port Dickson. Head down about 4km, and you can see Avillion Admiral Cove on your right (if you're heading there from PD town). You can also use Marina Bay Condominium to set the location as it is using the same entry.
I checked in at 2pm, and was allowed in my room early as it was a weekday. The hotel compound is big and room (Straits Studio, 5th floor) was big just like the photos BUT was not clean. The daybed had stains, and housekeeping didnt do well at sweeping the floor, as there were dust at edges of the partitions. Bed was big and comfortable, view was lovely.
1) Room is big, ample space, furniture was arranged nicely, with iron/ironing board for your use
2) Air-conditioning was working perfectly, room was cool throughout the night with no problem
3) View from 5th floor was ok. Good enough to view the sunset
4) Has a lot of facilities and activities to offer
5) Connected to a beach where you can take part in some water activities such as banana boats, jetski etc. (for some $$)
6) Buffet breakfast at the Trader's Shop was ok, Food tray was always full, and the staff is always at the side, ready to clean the tables for more guests. Sit indoors as crows can come and steal your food. Remember to head outside to get some freshly cooked eggs! (scramble or sunny side up). Food served were more to asian style.
7) Plenty of electric outlet around the room for your use.
8) Staff was friendly and efficient
9) Ample of parking space. (Park at the floor as the lobby because there is no lift leading to the basement parking - if you have big luggage)
10) Free copy of TheStar paper for every room in the morning.
1) Bathroom door was broken! the other cannot be locked
2) Daybed was a nice touch, but has disgusting stains on it
3) There were a lot of dust at the partition doors in the room
4) Wifi only available at the lobby. If you want to online in the room, you need to pay RM10 deposit for the wire to connect to your laptop. You can get the wire from the lobby counter.
5) You need to switch on the hot water for 10 minutes before showering (not instant)
6) MANY of the activities were "under maintenance" when I visited, but were not notified. Staff at the lobby kept asking me to join the activities like the waterball, boat paddling, kayaking etc, but when I went to the Towel Hut the next day, I was told all of the water sports were under-maintenance for some time already. Definitely pissed me off as I allocated time to do these activities.
7) My room's toilet was leaking and was making sounds the whole night through, was definitely annoying.
Plenty of games there to play:
You can rent bicycles, fly kites for free, play the horseshoe game also FOC, archery at RM8 for 10 arrows - which were also under maintenance, and many more. Mini petting zoo, feeding the chickens and rabbits, only at 10.00-10.15am and 6.00-6.15pm.
Overall, the hotel has a nice atmosphere, location, ample of space but because the room and activities are not maintained well, it became not value for money. You can definitely stay at a better place for the amount of money that you will pay here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avillion Admiral Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avillion Admiral Cove Hotel Port Dickson
- Avillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson