“Don't expect too much”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Dickson
Costa Rica Hotel & Apartments Port Dickson Beach Resort
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Seremban, Malaysia
“Don't expect too much”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

You may confuse the name of the hotel, Le Paris is named for hotel, Costa-Rica is named for service apartment. But it is nothing related with any international hotel chain group and it own by the same owner.
The hotel is managed by a local private company and the owner is having the typical profit oriental thinking, the hotel is making profit but all has been transfer to his own business.
I used to work in this hotel 6 years ago, and I know it is no changes till now.
The staff is friendly and really put a lot of effort to maintain the service level, because we all know the reputation is bad. However, the owner doesn’t care whereas the staffs care.
The hotel is old, and lack of maintenance, many areas needs to be changed and repaired. Reason being is lack of fund.
The room is big enough if you compare with others, furthermore you are paying the cheap price! You don’t need to choose Executive room, just normal sea view room. You will enjoy the sea view; you don’t need to go anywhere, just sit on the balcony and watch the beautiful sunset. The furniture may be old, but they time to time will vanish it.
The beach is public, but is fewer outsiders known, you could be feeling private on this. Well, it is not the beautiful beach in PD.
The location is closed to downtown and bus station, is good for bag backer, it can easily reach by public bus and all the needs are within the walking distance.
Nevertheless, the hotel has been taken over by another company (the latest news I had), hope it can keep well and having a bright future.

Room Tip: See view room.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
9 Thank WeilekHo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Selangor
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Planned to go holiday with family, book thru online, unfortunately, the transaction failed as the payment gateway between credit card bank with the merchant bank got problem. Called the credit card bank, confirm the payment is approved. Still worrying as on my computer screen (Hotel Reservation system ) error., therefore called the reservation officer, Miss Pang, politely she had explained transaction processing process and what had kept me secure and warm is that she said the hotel will revert the payment to me if the unsuccessful transaction $$ ( link to the hotel system ) chargeable to my cc accounts.

I had faxed the manual secure guaranteed booking to her to secure my stays. Thanks to her or my family holiday will be RUINED!

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank francesching2000
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 15 March 2011

When you walk into the entrance of Le Paris, everything looks good. Then, the nightmare begins.

The car-park for guests is insufficient and narrow. Besides, it stinks! For such a large resort, the carpark lot is pathetic.

One of the elevators don't really work. It doesn't get you to the ninth floor! If you decide the stay at the apartments, it's worse. The buttons for the elevators don't work at all! Then the elevator doors are all rusting - looks like they've been machine-gunned by dissatisfied guests. All the interiors of elevators are vandalised.

The apartments are spacious but not well-kept. Mattresses are stained and there were no hangers in the wardrobe. When I first checked in, the apartment given was horrible, the bathroom flooded and the air-con didn't work. So I lodged a complaint with the counter staff at the lobby. They refused to change the apartment and insisted in repairing the irreparable. I had to complain to a higher up before the apartment was changed.

The restaurant looks appealing at first blush. But when the crowd comes in at lunch or dinner, food in not replenished fast enough and finally, there is no food! The waiters operate like they're at working at a coffee-shop. Al the leftovers on the tables are just wiped brusquely onto the floor!

Wi-fi is pathetic - just available at the lobby and on the second floor.

I wouldn't visit this resort again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank seladang

Travellers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I just c/out from Le Paris Hotel yesterday. My husband and I stayed for two nights and booked through the internet booking. Why I choose to stay in this hotel? Because I have stayed there before with my mum, four years back…then recently, I keep receiving a sms to promote their hotel with the good deal rate. Since, I wanted to have a short break with my husband, and then I decided…yeah! why not coming back for another stay. Despite there is other nice and affordable hotel around PD areas, I still think that we should ‘come back’ to Le Paris!
If you see their website, very nicely done! All the promises is fake! We arrive on Thursday, the pool is closed for maintenance, the bowling…closed! What else they have? Nothing!
We have pre-paid the room through internet for two nights stay. However, upon check-in we being asked to place some deposit (which is fine…) and we were given room key and remote control for the room air-condition which need to be return back upon departure….
Secondly – when we go up to the room that was located in level 8, I totally agree with other Trip Advisor review that the room is big but very empty and old! The bed was smelly and the carpet was torn here and there. We are paying for an Executive Room, thinking that we might have a better room, but what we get is just a bigger room instead! The TV was broken, but we can still view the unclear reception from the TV. We have to call down to inform the Reception that their TV is already broken, just in case if we got charge for that! If only we haven’t pay for the room yet, I will rather c/out immediately.
On our first night, we just to lazy to go out for dinner and decided to order Room Service. From the menu, it stated that for room Service Order, there will be an additional RM1 per meal, on top of the price in their menu. I then ordered Lamb Chop and my husband order Fried Rice. When the order came, guest what….they are serving my Lamb Chop with Fork and Spoon! When we asked the waiter, how this possible? He just replies that normally when they serve Fork and Knife, the knife always missing! What a stupid excuse! We are paying for our meal and you expect we eat it with spoon. Finally we manage to get the knife deliver to our room. The Lamb Chop was delicious, but the incident just spoilt our night!
The second night, we had our dinner in the restaurant. Luckily we were given ‘knife’ without need to be asked! Thought everything is ok not until we was about to settle our meals, they don’t accept credit card as normally people pay cash only! We wanted to charge to our room and he claimed that our deposit is insufficient. Then we have to ‘teach’ that waiter how to handle our payment by charging it to our room and we settle by our credit card at the Front Desk! Was it so difficult to understand?
I’m not so a big fan of 5 star hotel and I don’t mind staying in other hotel that smaller or less service. But the basic service that they can’t provide is totally unacceptable! Their staff, such as their housekeeper just staring you when you leave your room without knowing a simple greeting! I would rather stay in a home stay or guest house, which I think I will get a better hospitality service. I big regret to ‘come back’ and trust me, I will black listed this hotel and will never recommend this hotel to anyone at all!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RoseMd
kuala lumpur
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I went there for R&R with my husband and 2 children. My family loves the beach, after a bad stay at another hotel, the Le Paris beach is a welcome sight. It was right at our door step - we had a blast of time there. After the beach, we would hit the swimming pool. That became our routine during our 4d3n stay. Food? Don't complain - bfast was so-so - the typical toast with butter, marmalade, strawberry jam, sausages with baked beans, scrambled eggs (looked cuddled, not scrambled) and the usual fare of nasi goreng with chix rendang, rice porridge with condiments, and lastly cereal with cold milk. Not a grand bfast fare but the kids were not complaining. I suggest for lunch and dinner you can go out and explore the town. There was a newly opened Medan Selera offering ikan bakar - RM40 for a complete meal! And there was also a satay stall 'Pangeran Satay' just a little bit up the road before Teluk Kemang - this guy's satay is worth every ringgit you spent. I saw 3-4 tourist coaches stopping at the road side and loads of tourists queing up for satay.

Activities wise - we enjoyed our bowling session, the Game Room was closed as they were still waiting for their gaming license to be renewed. TV? Just ok, we watched the compulsory news, the children watched their TV shows (only Disney channel), so nobody was upset.

I would definitely come back there again - staff was polite; they could do with a bit of training though. Knowledge of in-room menu would also come in handy.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mamaismail
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 November 2010

It has at least 3 names - quite confusing. The name Le Paris Hotel & Resorts is very deceiving. It does not have any "international" value. Booked a 2-bedroom apartment. Check-in was fast and friendly. Enter the room - no electricity! I have to switch on the main switch outside the door myself. Enter the bathroom, there were only two towels instead of four. Have to call reception twice to get additional towel. No one picked up 'house-keeping' phone extension. Room is quite OK but a bit old and not been properly refreshed. Sliding door to the balcony cannot be locked. TV - only very few local channels, not very good reception. Good sea view. But it is too near to the oil refinery platform. Beach front - very short run. Cannot do long walk. a number of platform and stationary ships a few hundred meters away in the sea. Two dogs running around on the beach. Breakfast - not too bad for locals. Not much choices though. Check-out was fast and not bad.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank PDVisitor
Shah Alam
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I went there for 2D1N stay. Unfortunately when I went there, it was the monsoon season. Therefore I was not able to enjoy the pool and the beach. The room was quite big but very 'empty'. I think it used to be a good hotel but now it's old. The refrigerator was empty, no complimentary mineral/drinking water provided. I don't experience any bug attack but the sound of the wind blowing from the sea was quite scary at night. The restaurant was pack but I noticed the staff will always keep refilling the food when it's empty. Which I think it's a good thing. Overall, for a small budget stay, this hotel is ok and so so.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family