1) Hotel faces a beach that is not overly crowded like Teluk Kemang beach nearby.
2) "Unique" hotel concept - it's not one of those high-rise, cliche hotels nearby. The hotel resembled colonial British houses. [albeit a lame, modern one]
3) Has BBQ pits for all your "fun" BBQ needs - watch out for some cute hungry cats nearby! They are more than pleased to eat your leftovers :)
4) Staff - called the hotel many times to ask some questions, but they did not respond rudely. In fact, they were quite courteous!
5) Tennis court within the hotel compound!
1) [Somewhat] Overpriced
- Paid RM380++ for a 3-room suite. Only one room had a queen sized bed, while the other two rooms had space for ONLY one single bed each. 11 people squeezed into two single-bed rooms and one queen-beed room is not comfortable AT ALL.
- Paid RM130 for the BBQ Pit. Apparently normal rates range around RM50. However, we get to use the BBQ pit [the staff helped us to light the fire] for an unlimited period of time. Besides that, lighting, tables, chairs and garbage bag [this is my favourite part] are also provided in that RM130.
- The resort's website claimed that there was [and there is still] a gym within the premises. However, you need to get the key to the gym from the reception. The thought of going to the reception to get a key, and then potentially losing it is unnerving. So, I gave the gym a miss. Besides, the gym was located at a remote corner of the resort, and had a limited number of equipments.
- The resort's website also claimed that there was [and there is still] a swimming pool. However, the swimming pool was cloudy, and there were signs of excessive chlorine use at the edges of the pool [or is it just sand?]
- The beach was not cleaned, unlike the hotel next door, which seems to be actually cleaning up the beach!
3) The Room Itself
- Once you are done with the checking in and all, you will be given a plastic pouch containing your room key, and the remotes to your room. You are required to return this to the reception once you check out.
- The key to your room is WEIRD - the key has holes similar to the ones you see in Braille script, and you can be considered lucky if you can open the door the first time round!
- TV remotes are difficult to use, and I had to personally change the TV channels or adjust the volume manually.
- The carpets, couch, bathrooms and toilets are dirty - I think it is dirty due to wear and tear, not because they didn't wash it.
- Bathroom doors are difficult to open once closed. In fact, you don't even need to lock the door because once you close them from the inside, you need to push it hard to open!
A MAJOR overhaul is needed to attract more people to the hotel. This hotel has so much to offer, yet wear and tear is wearing it down!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Desa Lagoon( Offline DBL ) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Desa Lagoon Hotel Port Dickson