“Value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I and my family like Glory Beach Resort because it always happening, green environment and very nice sea view.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rozitamahmud

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Okay let me cut this short and write what I experienced visiting this resort last week.
We booked a 2 room apartment and found --

1. No house keeping available in the night made 2 people sleep in 1 single bed and customer care guy had no idea what we are talking about!
2. Rats running down to the dining tables inside the restaurant while having lunch or dinner!
3. Hot water in the room isn't hot enough to be called hot.
4. Pathetic room service
5. Toilet flushes, taps not working properly and when we called service to repair, rather than repairing he told us to flush 3 times at once to flush water which hardly worked.
6. Ordered 1 simple spaghetti which reached our table in 45 mins with waiters having no idea what to explain or what was going on in kitchen.
7. Most of the staff cannot speak English and we did not know Malay made so much trouble asking anything to anyone in the resort!
8. The beach is pathetic which dries up half in the noon.
9. The swimming pool is tiny with people playing in rather than swimming hence no place to swim.
10. WIFI only available in Lobby but no place to sit in the lobby to access internet!

Overall anything we could enjoy was the small balcony where we usually spent our time drinking beer all 5 days!

Getting frustrated I started looking for other resorts and found that with 100 RM more, you can find much nicer accommodations nearby but since we paid all the money for rest of the days altogether, will keep in mind next time if I visit!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Heera_Tamang

Travellers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Damansara, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I booked a 3R apartment & had bad experienced from the beginning I checked into the resort. The kitchen light was out,the water heater in master bedroom was OOO but the furniture is quite new (refurbished I guess). Have called for maintenance crew to fix the kitchen light but waited for 4 hrs until it's maghrib (surely the kitchen was already dark). And after for few hours, the light was out again for the 2nd time! At the swimming pool, there was no control on the crowd till I saw a fat lady took up the water slide, which is meant for the kids!! And the worst part is,the next day,we bumped into a trolley of garbage who just boarded the guest lift and who wanted to smell the garbage in the lift??? Then after reached at the apartment, the room key couldn't be used and had to go down again to the lobby to reprogram the key. In summary, I will think twice to stay there again as I had bad experience and spoilt our holiday....As a hotelier, I think Mr Isaac has to look into this matter seriously to gain confidence from the guests. GBR needs a lot of improvement in servicing and etiquette areas which are very important.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mizz2012
shah alam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is the second time I came to this hotel.The first time I came was in 2010 and i saw this hotel have change a lot,compare of last 2 year .This year I also came with my family and children.
Cheak-in:
Like usual when time to check in,the lobby are really crowded.my children are getting cry looking line of people queuing very long,but suddenly there are staff of the hotel give him a free balloon animals also magic trick,this It is a good feeling to my children because there is little entertainment that hotel try to give to children also to guest,But still poor on recieption bcoz only 2 counter open,but i saw 5 staff there!! cmon la....i wait almost 2 hour ma...
Evening:
In the evening i plan to swim at the poll.BUt there was very very very crowded pool!! is feeling like there is no room to me to swim quite disappointed with the small pool,
new!! I saw the hotel there is a small zoo,there are rabbits and turtles is very nice.
At Night:
Chinese new year at this hotel is quite lively with a display of fireworks at midnight.
There is night entertainment like fire show,live band and new offering I have seen in malaysia hotel when there is a magician terjun dalam pool at night trying to escape.very exciting.tahniah kpd hotel ni for daring to try new things. I think the management was change.that night i Forgot to order bbq side.
Complain:
i just want to complain for the next day,breakfast food, langsung tak sedap!!. so the conclusion if you want to going holiday in this hotel with your family is definitely good tapi kalau nak bawa family makan kat hotel ni...lebih baik makan luar at kedai tomyam.lagi bagus.

*Plan to have 3th time holiday at this hotel for this hari raya..the kids love magic and fire show.hope to see them again.

Room Tip: Stayed January 21 block c on chinees ney year,travelled with family
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Miswan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

4days stayed over CNY from 21 Jan - 24 Jan. Checked-in @ 5.30am & unfriendly staff served us fast & gave a us 3 rooms apartment Block D. A nightmare striked after walked in a dusty & sandy apartment's floor & turned on shower with a very slow running water -.-"" normally i took a shower within 10-15mins but with a very slow shower water,i took 45mins! Even my family members shower a very long period of time! Bed sheet stained of blood! Bed head frame is broken & can fall off anytime. Small bedrooms,thought it can fit 12people but no. Went down to hotel recep again to request to change apartment or upgrade to executive. And im not surprise as the hotel staff said all apartments is fulled & they cant do anything about it. What kind of service is this? Even the shower problem,they cant call maintenance for it. Another cousin of mine tried to book another apartment as walk-in booking since the 3rooms cant fit 12 of us. And i surprised that the same staff said that they left 1 executive apartment & he checked-in my cousin in. What the hell is this???! NOT COMING BACK AGAIN TO STAYED & NOT RECOMMENDED. Even served the worse breakfast!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank ren125
melaka
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I called to make reservation but the person answer is like some what rude. but at 1st i am ok with it because other place already fully booked.
but then when they call asking for deposit- seriously like Along minta hutang? Hello we are MAlaysian ada budi bahasa and you cannot talk nicely ka? Asking deposit like asking hutang. I totally understand we have to pay deposit for our confirmation but if the staff cannot talk nicely on the phone do you think i m gonna stay there for my holiday?

I already cancel my reservation and she just hang up the phone without any :ok thankx or what so ever polite things to say

just hang up the phone? totally rude for someone working at the place where people wanted to spend their holiday.

Now i m glad i cancel my reservation there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank farlinaluna
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
On behalf of GBR ,i sincerely apologize for the manner your telephone call was handled.
The telephone etiquette that you experienced does not reflect our usual friendly standards...the staff concerned was reprimanded ; counselled and sent for retraining.
Thank you again for your honest feedback as it is a great improvement for us in our commitment to provide better standard of service to our guests.
Renewed apologies and looking forward to welcome you to GBR
LittleRedDot
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

The “resort” is actually a service apartment establishment. It looks more a “conversion” project during development of the premises in the sense that the projected condominium was un-successfully subscribed and hence converted into a condo-tel. The resort may be of value to the very, very low-budget local family trips and is located right next to the Grand Lexis Resort. There was more than sufficient parking bays and resort’s ground were mostly tarred, with no trees for shade. Our 2-bedroom unit was on the 6th floor, facing the cookhouse/rubbish collection area. Sound insulation was practically zero as we were woken up many times during the night by noises upstairs and next door. Check-in was at an open-air service desk which looked real shabby.

The beds and pillows were terrible vis. unsightly stains, worn out and uneven spring mattresses. Potable water was not fit for consumption even after boiling (undetermined taste and smell). The bathroom was smaller than my own home!!. The shower stall measures barely 4ft by 2ft!! Tap water was running with brownish tinge. Basically, habitation in the rooms was questionable. I wouldn’t return.

Breakfast at the restaurant was one of the worst I’ve ever encountered. There’re signs placed everywhere to remind patrons NOT to waste food and food wastage will be charged. With the quality of food offered, I doubt so. Coffee and tea is self-served, so are the utensils for eating. The hotel’s management employees were noted partaking in the breakfast spread as well!!!???? So there explains the cafeteria-like environment. The food offered was most local fare, like fried rice, fried kuay teow, baked beans, spring rolls, potato nuggets (which taste like they’ve been re-fried), lettuce and bell peppers for salad and ONLY 1 type fruit (red or yellow watermelon!!!). There’s no pastry and only slices of bread or small rolls. It’s beyond my comprehension that moldy slices of bread are offered to hotel guests!!!! I had stomach upset due to this. The management of the kitchen and F & B is severely lacking. I doubt if any of the restaurant staff is trained in catering management based on their level of awareness and service etiquette.

In conclusion, this is one “resort” I’ll definitely NOT be patronizing again even if forced to.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank wwsm
Thank you for your feedback .
For your kind information GBR is an affordable value for money apartment styled 3 star resort catering for families especially Malaysians.
Our sincere apologies for falling short of your overall expectations.
We will remedy your valued comments and views where we are able.
Anyway ,thanking you for staying with us and given a chance to be of service again under a better and improved food and services.