“Excellent view” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The view from our apartment was excellent. The apartment was clean and tidy as well. The buildings need an upgrade though; they all look a bit run down. Parking was also a problem but this was probably due to the Deepavali weekend. Staff were friendly and helpful. All in all a convenient and comfortable place to spend 1-2 nights

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are worth it
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Sayantan D
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments.
We are glad that you have enjoyed the stay here with clean room and friendly staffs.
For your kind information the upgrading works on the buildings are ongoing and we just finished replacing the roofs of the resort and the lobby also recently underwent a facelift.
The major work pending is the painting job which is in store for next year project
The beach nourishment project is underway now whereby you can enjoy a sandy beautiful beach in the next 2 to 3 weeks time.
Looking forward to welcome you again to GBR

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed with my wife, two sons (eldest 3 years old and eldest 1 year old) and my father. I booked two rooms apartment via online. When I arrive, the said apartment were not available but they gave me 3 rooms with 2 bathrooms apartment at the same price. That is great. The receptionist asked me if I prefer 6th floor or 8th floor. I decided to go for the 6th floor (Block D). I am very happy with the apartment. Nice interior. Clean and tidy. Simple furniture and yet practical. They provide water boiler, 6 cups and saucers, 2 glasses, one ashtray, tea sachets and instant coffee sachets with sugars and creamers and a refrigerator. I have a few opinion/suggestion/comments:

1. Poor aircondition. Less maintenance.
The aircond was not cold at first but I do now why. I opened up the filter and saw the dust were so thick. I decided to clean it myself rather than calling the hotel maintenance guy. It went ok but I suggest a regular maintenance since the management allow smokers to smoke in the apartment. Ashtray provided. The aircond runs great after the clean. I am used to clean the aircond filter regularly so I don't find it difficult to do.

2. Semi blocked kitchen sink.
The sink is almost blocked but not totally blocked. Since I less use it, I did not call for the hotel maintenance. I suggest a regular check and clean along with the aircond.

3. Floor mat
No floor mat. I am not too fussy so I did not call he housekeeping for floor mats.

4. Bed and pillow
The bed is comfortable but however I could not manage to sleep until the next morning after breakfast at Kraah. Maybe because of the pillow was too soft.

My family really like the swimming pool and the staffs are very friendly and helpful too. The sea is just a few steps away from the main pool. We will be returning to this hotel soon for our next vacation. Overall the hotel was great. I recommend this hotel for a small family trip or holiday. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Alexshah
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments
We are extremely glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay.
Much appreciated for taking the time to write in your opinions.
We will definately look into these valuable suggestions of yours for overall improvements
Thank you very much for kindly recommending GBR to other guests for their family trip / holiday .
Would like to personally meetup with you on your next visit here .
Looking forward to welcome you & your family again to GBR
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Last week I visited Glory Beach with a group of friends from Japan. We were there on a day trip to have some activities along the beach and some sessions in the auditorium. We had a wonderful experience there. The General Manager, Mr Isaac was really kind and the hotel personnels were all very helpful throughout. It's a place that we'll definitely return! Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Yann3
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
We are glad that you and your friend had a wonderful time here at GBR enjoying our facilities & services.
Looking forward to welcome you and your friends again to GBR
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The transport brought us directly to the resort so I'm assuming its a good location.

The food at the workshop I was there for, was very bland and too simple. With the service and the wifi doesn't work in the room despite having the signal. I just couldn't get online.

Definitely to go if you just need a bed for a few nights. It was also probably good for a frat party, not a relaxing resort. It felt more like a motel for a quick stay a couple of nights, not a resort.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank vanessalsl
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback
We will improve on your food comments
On the food being simple it actually boils down to the budget given by the workshop organisers...you get what you pay for !
On the WiFi service, GBR has the latest "fibre optic technology" but this service extends only to certain apartments blocks ....not all
For your case , your apartment may not have the WiFi service which could not get you online
GBR is an apartment styled resort for family and also caters to all type of social , government & corporate events for past 14 years and definately not for frat party alone .
Looking forward to welcome you again to GBR under better circumstances

Travellers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

this was apartment converted partially to 'hotel'
my family i staying at Block D on the 10th floor (which is right on top of that block)
this place takes lots of 'organised' activities, such as reunion, school trips, company trip, etc. which is fine, except that the area then hosts lunch and dinner with participants singing and the emcee blaring away, that even on the 10th floor, it's extremely disturbing (if you intend to take an afternoon nap, which we do when we are vacationing on a resort), and that goes right past midnight.
it shares a common beach with Lexis (and Grand Lexis) Hotel, which is very surprising.

Room Tip: away from the center block C - and lower level (the water pressure is horrible)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank alex8312
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback
For your kind information.....weekends at GBR are taken up by group events such as family days , teambuilding & telematches , company outings etc thus the hype of activity going on !
For a quiet and relaxing stay , I would like to kindly recommend the weekdays from Mon - Fri whereby the resort occupancy is much lower without the big group events and you can enjoy the resort facilities minus the crowd
We look forward to welcome you and your family again to GBR under better circumstances
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We called Glory Beach Resort and spoke to Mr Thayalan in regards with arranging a private candle light dinner along the beach. He was very helpful and forwarded our enquiry to Mr Gana who is the F&B manager who kindly assisted us further. We had an intention to have our private candle light dinner in this resort and Mr Gana promised us that he will do his level best and he says that they will do the decoration and it will be a surprise for us on that day. Both me and my wife was wondering on how will be the arrangement and we got trilled and really happy on that day as Mr Gana really gave us a surprise with his light and decoration arrangement. We were so happy and glad that we choose Glory Beach Resort as they fulfilled our dream to have a wonderful candle light dinner along the beach and furthermore the food taste really good. Overall, we were so happy with the arrangement and I would like to recommend for those who like to have a candle light dinner to contact Mr Gana.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gopi S
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear Mr & Mrs Gopi...
Congratulations again on your 8th wedding anniversary
All our sincere best wishes and happiness plus good health to both of you always
Thank you very much for your kind comments to Gana Thayalan and the F & B team
The team really took the time ; initiative with careful planning to execute your memorable event
Guests views and comments like this will definately spur us to provide higher standard of service to our valued clients in future
We look very much forward to welcome you and your family /guests again to GBR
Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is set in a beautiful location overlooking the straits of Melacca but for a hotel with such a locational advantage, this hotel's performance is very poor. The rooms are not upto the standard and the pool and the lobby aren't attractive either.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Keveen D
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback.
For your kind information all the apartment rooms are undergoing refurbishment and in the midst of completion.
The lobby has recently undergone a facelift on the ceiling ; furniture and fittings ; lightings and new coat of paint.
Looking forward to welcome you and friends/family to GBR again with better conditions