“so unexpectedly terrible management”

and 1 more site!
The Regency Tanjung Tuan Beach Resort
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I would say, the location wise is great, but other than that, NOTHING is worth. I travel with my other family members, my father, my mother, sister with baby and hubby, preggy sister with hubby, me hubby and our infant. This is the worst decision for me to stay here.

It was school holiday, and I already pay full upfront 3 days before our holiday. I call them to confirm the time to check in, they inform me its should be after 3. We came there at 3 for check in, everyone is tired for a long distance journey, babies is cranky, the preggy wife is super tired already, the weather is super hot at this time, and we just want to have a nice bath and sleep.

At first they said, its gonna takes a while, but who knows.. its takes 2 HOURS! and its not only happen to me, I can see all the other families keep asking the receptionist about thier room, some even came at 12! with babiess, and old folks. Some is doing their company family day, and their bosses didnt get the room?! what kind of "PROFESSIONAL" attitude and management this company shows? This is killing me.

we all felt very HOT with this situation, and the receptionist area is not cold also, they have fans (well, they should invest in aircond) but when we asked them to switch on, they said - its broke already. They have 4 fans! all is broke? this people just dont value their customers.

We finnally check in at 5.00 pm.. crazy huh? Go into the penthouse, wasnt that great. I know its huge and spacious, but we all felt emotionally abused and super tired with the drama. And my preggy sister is fall down with high fever due to the Hot weather, and have to wait that long under that weather --> trust me, they dont have proper place for their customer to wait for the check in process, all of us have to sit at anywhere under the sun!.

I ask to see the manager, because i think this is not fair to us, and just to much for them to do this kind of thing to their customer, and guess what? the manager had gone back from work, not even dare to say sorry for the whole situation. Again, what kind of "PROFESSIONAL" management you have here.

Overall, other than interact with the staff, our holiday is OK. The room? I hate to see those toilets. Its poorly maintained. The aircond, still function I would say, but, the casing almost fall down. Got weird smells in the pantry also. Overall the room is so-so. Not worth the price which is almost RM 1.3K per day. This price also dont include breakfast.

Just in case, if the regency's management read this comments, please... your room and your service does not worth the price that you are soooooooo overcharged. In terms of stars choosen in tripadvisor, I am actually want to select less than 1 star.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank menmyself

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Once you stepped into the lobby area you will instantly noticed the building is poorly maintained, dirty wet floors, ripped benches. We rented a 4 beds penthouse which was spacious, but it was dirty and very badly maintained. The toilet seat was loose, the bath tub was dirty and stained, the taps were leaking and worst of all the water pressure was so low that you'll take hours to rinse yourself clean.
The eating area situated on the beach front is nicely situated but there were lots of flies which made it hard to dine. Overall the trip itself was ok but will not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank LiFamily126
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We had booked a family holiday to coincide with other friends visiting too, so took a one-bed apartment for our family of 2 adults + 1 baby instead of sharing with our friends who had more than enough to share a 3-bed apartment. We arrived 10.50pm on Saturday night and check-in was generally ok until I casually asked if the baby cot is ready in the room. I was met with a blank stare and told they do not have baby cots. When I enquired why I was not told about this when I mentioned this during my reservation and confirmation over 2 phone calls and also via email, I was then told an (hastily made, I believe) excuse that the cot had just spoilt and they have not had it repaired. Upon entering the apartment, we were disgusted with the old and dirty carpets, floor and sofa. The toilet had a leaky faucet such that if we wanted to flush, we had to turn on the faucet and then turn it off after, as it would otherwise flood the whole floor. The bathroom tub was disgusting. I did not dare take a bath there, let alone think of bathing our baby there. The apartment is NOTHING like what is shown on their website.

In the morning, we complained and was told we can only change to a 3-bed apartment as all other units were full. And only if we paid the RM500+ surcharge. We declined as we did not need a 3-bed apartment; only a CLEAN one. We were asked why we did not complain the day before. After much fuss when we pointed out false advertisement and misleading information only were we given the upgrade for free. Even then, the air-con in the master bedroom was faulty, the toilet seat was broken and the toilet flush was not working. Upon reporting, the serviceman came, checked and told us spare parts were not available, so nothing can be done.

The pool was dirty so we did not spend much time there. The buffet breakfast was not worth the money, even though they gave a RM50 voucher; you're much better off taking a short drive to one of the hawker stalls for good quality food. There were flies all over the food. The beach was ok, though my husband almost stepped on some broken glass.

We did not have high expectations of a 3-star hotel, as we have stayed in similar places, done camping etc. However, at the very least, it has to be CLEAN and have decent customer service. If you only speak English, beware that most front-desk staff here look blankly at you beyond the basic pleasantries.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jess_free80
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The services and building is a so so situation as I keep in mind this is the 3 Star Hotel and you can bring your whole family from grandpa until grandson. So Malaysia it worth for your money and family. The best is about their location or I must said 'golden triangle' area in Port Dickson.

Room Tip: Pent House, or the highest level with best scenery !
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ms Lovely T
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I had my annual vacation with my wife and 2 kids recently at this resort (Dec 28 Friday to Dec 29 Saturday 2012) and I can tell you it is one of the lousiest resort that I have stayed so far. The following is what me and my family encountered during our stay there :

1. The air condition unit in my unit had a rattling sound like and old car for the whole of my stay here. Furthermore the aircon unit was blocked by the top of the cupboard in the room. Well actually the cupboard is enjoying the air conditioning so we had to sleep the whole night feeling warm because of the blockage of the cupboard.
2. When asked for additional towel, the reception said we have to pay RM10 for a towel.
3. All the furniture and utilities in the unit are very old 80s style!
4. All the staff in the resort were not friendly and unhelpful. They never smiled especially those working in the swimming pool and the cofffehouse.

Room Tip: Please DO NOT go to this resort!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank razman61
Reviewed 27 November 2012

seriouslly ants and cockroches are your roomates
the lift needs refurbishment , however their front desk are not bad
rooms i had was creaking, and sounded like i was in Taman Negara National Park
scenery are somewhat time stopper in the 70's

Room Tip: not for honeymooners or family outings
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Zayree
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Checked in for 2 days 1 night. Booked the 1 bedroom apartment suite for 2 adults. Rooms were nice and cozy but overall at an average. Had dinner by the beach, very scenic and has a relaxing atmosphere. Had BBQ dinner and band was playing. Overall, nice quick weekend getaway from work.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple