“Pleasantly Surprised but food quality needs to be better!!”

Grand Lexis Port Dickson
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Singapore
“Pleasantly Surprised but food quality needs to be better!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

My family and my extended family of 18 decided on The Legends International Water homes after a tough toss up between Avillion and IWH. Booked IWH but After reading up on some of the reviews on the web, I was skeptical as there were mixed reviews from the cleanliness to the service. But I was proven wrong both times.

We stayed at the Premium Pool Villas. Not only were the villas gorgeous, the staff was friendly and helpful! Always smiling. No doubt sometimes there are miscommunication but that didn't spoil anything. Needless to say, the kids love the private pool with in-built jacuzzi and the hotel pool although smaller than what the hotel website pictures depicted, was also good as by after lunch, no one was at the hotel pool. The rooms inside the villas were nicely spaced out from the main bedroom to the kitchenette and the bath area with the toilet and shower area separated. The deco in the room was also tastefully done up and the two king size beds were wonderful to sleep in. The spa was great. Value for money. Same spa group as the Novotel Group of Hotels over in Bali Nusa Dua!

Couple of negatives we all had. Firstly, the food quality. The quantity is there but the quality needs to be reviewed. Fish were undercooked. Other items overcooked. Noodles were fried until soggy etc.... Secondly, there is not much to do in town. Lastly, the private pool was pretty cold all the time so maybe the management can look into that. But all in all, we had a great time. I know my kids do as I had to drag them away from the private pool!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Petaling Jaya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

The room that we got was at the new block and it was very very spacious and pretty (not forgetting the hefty price tag for one night, but it was worth it). If you plan on staying here, check out their main website, they offer hot deals there.

Our very spacious room had two king beds, flat screen, DVD player, kitchen with plates, bowls and cutlery which were well kept in the cabinet, a big toilet which separates the bathing area and pooping area and finally, a swimming pool overlooking the sea.

We didn't even go out during our stay as we had everything in our room. We brought our own griller and grilled steaks for dinner.

Would definitely come back when time and money permits.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
KL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

have not visited PD for a very long time. friends recommended this hotel for a short holiday. was surprised that the room really got a pool and large space but the pool not so big but good enough for us to splase around. they don't have a beach front. found the beach in the nest resort. don't knw the name but the beach bot good for a dip. service during breakfast food was ok. we have to queue up to entre but was clear very fast. food ok. basic malaysian fare. guess it was all right as i noticed most of the people staying are local. try out their archery game. good set up. not much ourdoor games. will do with more restaurant in the hotel. got a pub but did not try. overall service ok. best of all free wifi!! good thing that check before check in.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

For the price of USD400 for 3 king size bed room, its really nothing to shout about. The services were bad, plus filthy floor. First of, when i went into the room, the floor was sticky like honey. I decided to call the front desk to arrange for cleaning, after the cleaning, i wasn't as pleased as well. Their towers & floor maids were limited. Their swimming pool was worse. Only 4 towers were allocated for 6 guests, and we weren't allowed take the towers away from the pool to room, albeit my kid was cold. The breakfast was extremely mediocre, doesn't worth a breath to shout about. Lastly, to request for 30 mins extension to check out, they need to charge USD 13. lol... might as well run a TUNE HOTEL. Peace!

Stayed January 2011
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

We stayed one night in the Exec. Pool Villa. Clean n comfortable spacious room with 2 king sized bed, also has a kitchenette with microwave and satellite TV with kid's channel. The pool small but kids enjoyed it. There is abig common pool near by the restaurant. Overall room interior really nice... this resort hotel is clean and peaceful, very good for relaxing, the staff friendly and helpful. This is the place for short weekend break. I really liked the Walkways and enjoyed the sea view! We'll comeback again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

The worst thing about this hotel is the serivce. It is really, really bad. As they have 2 king size bed in each room, and based on reviews that the rooms were spacious, we figured our family of 4 (hubby, myself and 2 teenagers) can share a room. When I made the booking online, I indicated that there will be 4 adults in the room and I paid an additional RM65 for each additional pax per nite. According to their website, this is for additional towels and toiletries.

The drive up from Singapore is relatively easy. The instructions on their website is quite clear. The first impression is good. The lobby looks bright and clean but the checking-in was a slow painful process. They initially told me that they system was down and offered us a welcome drink while they sort it out. OK, I can understand that. Not a problem, right? After about half an hour, we went to check again and was told the system was still down. However, we saw them checking-in other guests. My husband kicked up a bit of a fuss and they finally got a room for us.

The room itself was quite nice. For once, the photos from the hotel web-site matches the actual room. The pool is not very big but it was expected and it is 4 feet deep. The beds were a bit on the hard side but it was comfortable enough. As this hotel is relatively new, it is still quite well maintained. Hopefully, they can keep up the maintenance as most Malaysian hotels tend to be run down after a while.

Anyway, we realised that there was only 2 towels and when we called Housekeeping, no one picked up the phone. So, we had to walked all the way back to the main building to the lobby to ask for extra towels. I explained to the Front Desk manager that there were 4 of us and only 2 towels in the room. I was told to call Housekeeping as and when I needed the towels to be changed!! I can't believe my ears!!! I told him that I had paid an additional RM65 per pax for extra towels and toiletries and he hastily called Housekeeping for us. No apologies!!

As for the internet services, it is free. But when we tried to call the Front Desk for the password, guess what?? No one picked up the phone. So we had to walk all the way to the main building again!!

That's the problem with this hotel, they never pick up the phone. On a few occassion, we tried calling either the Front Desk or Housekeeping and once, we even tried to call the Duty Manager and no one picked up the phones and we ended up walking to the main building. Maybe it is because we went during their peak period, but the service is really bad.

Would I go again? Probably yes (before it gets run down) but you have to be really, really patient.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank LibraGalSingapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

I had very high hopes when I first saw the Adverts in Singapore and the nice website. I was further urged to book this hotel after reading the "good reviews". I honestly felt "cheated of my precious holiday time". I have stayed at Avillion and loved it. So for those who recommends this hotel would probably have not experience what is better / good. The moment I arrived, I knew I made the wrong choice for my supposed relaxing holiday. It took us almost one hour from PD to find the hotel. The hotel lobby is small and does not give you the RM690 per night 5-star posh feel. There is barely any facilities and the pool is tiny and the entire setup is ill-planned. The restaurant is all enclosed walls - it hardly feels like a resort without any view of the sea -not even any sound of waves from the room - as it is all hard concrete. The feel is like being stucked in a room with 4 walls. The glass bottom serves no purpose as water is murky. And the private pool is too chlorinated that my son's skin became very dry. I asked for extra towels for my 2 kids - under 5 years - the housekeeping refuse to give and said that I had to pay another RM35 ! The whole experience sucks that I immediately want to cut short my stay of 2 nights. And their spa was a miserable small room. Also there is no beach and volleyball is played on the miserable man made sand pitch ! I immediately left the next day to Avillion. I must say it's a world of difference. Avillion gave me one extra towel and the little touches by Avillion staff saved my holiday!

• Stayed December 2010