“nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Environment is quite good, it is a place for rest and relax. Equipped with all the necessary facilities. i would recommend this to my friends if they have the budget and it is a place for family with kids to spend the weekends too. i like the pool and also the room has a very nice feels.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ZuhriZ
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy to note of your kind praise. They will certainly motivate our colleagues further in our mission to completely delight and satisfy our guests. We are indeed very pleased to hear that you had taken advantage of most of our ‘plus points’ and we hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.
We take your comments very seriously and will continuously improve to meet our guests’ satisfaction. Looking forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Grand Lexis Port Dickson.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the garden villa. We absolutely loved the room and especially enjoyed the private pool. The check-in was quick and so was the check out. We also loved the breakfast and its sumptuous spread. On top of that, when I left something in the hotel limo, the driver sent it back to the next hotel we checked in. We wish we could stay there for 2 nights but unfortunately, it was fully booked. Great hotel, respectable service and alot of activities to choose from. The children's pool looked great too!

Room Tip: The garden villas on the 2nd floor looked like they have more privacy than the ones on the first flo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review, we are ecstatic to know your stay was fruitful and that you delight in the warm hospitality synonymous of the Grand Lexis Port Dickson. Your positive comments definitely motivates us to perform better! We are really grateful for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My family spent a weekend at the Grand Lexis Water Villa, we loved the private swimming pool.. The whole resort was well kept. The staff was helpful and friendly. the kids enjoyed the buggy rides to and from the room. The maintenance of the resort is impressive, considering the fact that the place has been around for sometime now.
I will definitely recommend this place to my friends. The F&B staff were great and the Pizza was fantastic. THe Pizza is a must try in the Grand Lexis. Money well spent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us Grand Lexis Port Dickson to host your stay. We are honored to be part of your stay experience and will continue to deliver our award winning standard of services to you and to all our guests. It certainly brings great motivation to our fellow associates to further serve our guest better. It is with great pleasure to read your review knowing that we have lived up to your expectations. Nevertheless we will continue to provide our guests with unconditional services and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

It started when my fiancée told me that she had always wanted to stay at Grand Lexis in Port Dickson. I started planning 2 months prior to the trip as a surprise treat for her birthday. In order to add personal touch, I did not sign up through a travel agency.

I linked up with the reservation, Normala, via email and told her my requirements which included a special bouquet of pink roses and a birthday cake that were to be delivered at 12 midnight on my fiancée’s birthday. After some deliberation, I decided to opt for the Grand Pool Villa with full sea view which comes with the following:

• Size of units - upper 1312 & lower 1291 square feet
• Number of units - upper 23 & lower 23
• 2 king size beds
• Can accommodate 04 persons
• Glass panel for underneath sea viewing
• Private swimming pool with garden
• Dry Kitchenette
• Separate bath and toilet
• Rain shower
• Wall mounted hairdryer
• Mini fridge
• In-room safe box
• Astro - 19 channels
• 42’ LCD flat screen TV
• Coffee and tea making facilities
• Electric kettle
• IDD telephone
• Ceiling mounted air-conditioner
• Ceiling fan
• Stationary exercise bicycle
• DVD player
• Microwave oven
• Iron and ironing board (upon request)
• Bathroom weighing scale
• Umbrella

* Surcharge of RM150.00nett per room per night will be applicable for Full Sea View Room (Room subject to availability)

Normala sent me a form via email to fill up and also asked me to send her a copy of the front and back of my credit card to secure the reservation. Not hard at all.

Next was transport. I called up almost every coach company in Singapore and found a bizarre fact that while there are coaches to Port Dickson, there was none back to Singapore. I never quite understood why even till this day. In the end, I decided that we will fly to KL and get a cab to Grand Lexis.

On the day of our arrival, we arrived pretty early at the hotel as we took an early flight from Singapore. It was barely 11am when we registered at the front desk. We were very tired as we had gotten up at 5am that morning to catch our flight so I requested for the staff to get us the room quickly. Unfortunately, they appeared to be fully booked the night before and we had to wait for the guests to check out. I left my mobile number and deposited my luggage at the bell counter (Which is just a corner of the lobby) before taking a nice exploratory walk around the hotel with my fiancée. It was very windy and hot out there as it was almost noon. We returned to the lobby after 30 minutes to cool down from the heat.

The lobby was pretty crowded as the Great Eastern Life group were having their corporate event. It irked us that their staff were pretty noisy and taking up most of the seats in the lobby. They appeared to be having a treasure hunt game – it was unbearable for us as the noise level was unacceptable. In the end, I suggested to retreat to the hotel’s Duyung restaurant for a light meal. Shortly after placing our order, I got a phone call informing me that our room is ready! As we couldn't wait to get to our room, we requested for our order to be sent to our room instead.
We finally met Normala in person at the lobby and she arranged for a buggy to send us and our luggage to our room. As I had booked a full sea view room, the allocated room is understandably one of the furthest from the front desk. Before boarding the buggy, the General Manager of Grand Lexis, Mr Chan, came out to greet us personally. I could see from his profuse perspiration that he had been walking the ground and helping with ground work together with his staff due to the high occupancy!

When we arrived at our room, we couldn't contain our excitement and started running around taking photographs of our large and spacious room. We even neglected the food that we had ordered earlier amidst our excitement! The team at Grand Lexis had painstakingly laid out rose petals of red and pink on BOTH our king size beds, TV console and coffee table! Check out the photographs!

After taking photographs, we laid down beside the glass panelled floor which showed the sea. Even though we were not able to see any marine life, the presence of a window on the floor to the sea was a very unique experience for both of us.

We took a free shuttle to Port Dickson’s waterfront at 3pm so as to get some supplies from the supermarket. In the end, we also bought bread and pizza (Dominos) before catching the return shuttle. Nothing to shout about at the waterfront and we were so glad to be back in our room by 6pm. Port Dickson would have offered very wonderful sunset views if not for the haze that was plaguing Singapore and the coastal areas along the Malacca straits.

At 12:05am, 2-3 hotel staff arrived in a buggy (I could hear from inside my room) so I quickly rushed out to grab the bouquet of roses and the cake from them before my fiancée noticed. My surprise was successful thanks to the Grand Lexis team!

The mini kitchenette was great as it came with a microwave oven, cutlery, plates and bowls for two, an electric kettle and the standard tea bags and coffee sachets. Due to this, we never had to eat cold food. Thumbs up for this as well!

Wi-Fi coverage was very good as there were two Access Points per room. There was one for the room and one for the pool area behind the kitchenette. Unfortunately, all the APs in the hotel grounds appear to connect back to the very same internet connection. This means that all guests in the hotel were competing for bandwidth and the internet connectivity was of little use to us throughout our stay. On the brighter side, we were supposed to be enjoying this vacation detached from our electronic gadgets so it wasn’t that bad after all.

Would we come back again? Absolutely! We would love to also try their new project, the Hibiscus, which is about an hour’s journey from here and it should be ready by next year.

Before I end this, I must add that the sleep quality was so good that we spent hours and hours sleeping on the comfortable king size bed. Absolutely wonderful!

Room Tip: Pay the rm$150 for the full sea view. It's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HowardToh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at Grand Lexis Port Dickson.

Your experience is of great concern to us and we deeply regret that the aspects of our product did not reflect the quality we strive for. We sincerely apologize for all that transpired during the course of your stay especially pertaining to the noise level at the Lobby during your check in. I will be sure to address these shortcomings with the respective team concerned.

We appreciate and thank you also for the recognition of our associates for their services. The GM of Grand Lexis Port Dickson has always emphasised on guests satisfaction and to make sure that is it always our number one priority and it is the number one list on our service standard chart.

However, I am pleased to note that the Resort was able to provide you with all your requirements and situated well. Thank you very much for your detailed description of our property, which will no doubt assist many when deciding to come to Port Dickson.

Should there be anything at all in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I can assure you of another memorable stay with us.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Having dinner with my husband on our honeymoon trip to the hotel . Very sad with the grilled lamb chop served with uncooked cube potatoes. The presentation with a very small portion of small tiny cube uncooked potatoes with tiny brokoli n 2 thinly slice of carrot. It just like 1st grade student learn how to cook their 1st meal. come on where is baked potatoes or mashed potatoes with bread or salad. we request for chili sauce n it only come after 15 minute. we complaint to mr james n he gave as french fries as compliment. thanks to him but that is not what we want. Having in n out of good hotel n eating good food/steak with good ambience i hv to say this duyung cafe hv to do research n homework. let the director try the grilled lamb im sure he will smile with the profit his making on all the foods.for the price of rm53.00 it is not worth at all. Rm27.00 for char kway tiaw is too expensive for ordinary taste. Will not coming back.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank borneoorchid69
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to provide us with your kind comments. We regret to learn of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us and we could only ask for your kind indulgence.

We are disappointed that the overall service, especially in regards of the food standards that did not meet your expectations. After reviewing your feedback, we have run a thorough investigation on this matter it clearly indicates that there are some training and counselling to be done. Please rest assured that we have taken immediate remedial actions and that your comments have been noted and relevant head of department has immediately taken action to rectify the matter including sourcing the root cause of the issues.

We advocate continuous improvements process and have been investing timeless efforts, working to achieve the level of services that our guests are normally accustomed to. We hope that this has not marred your overall impression of our Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Contrary to the many negative reviews that we read about the resort, we had a wonderful 3D2N stay there. I think a lot depends on the time you stay at the hotel and the rooms that you booked. Do not visit the hotel during Singapore and Malaysia school holidays because they received most bad reviews during those super peak periods.

We booked 2 sky pool villas but were "upgraded" to Grand pool villas. We arrived at 12 noon though the check in was at 3 after reading the horror reviews. We waited for about 1 and a half hours before we got our rooms. The service at the reception was average. Check in was hassle free but be prepared to wait.

The villa was clean and comfortable. The 2 king sized beds were big enough for 4 adults and 3 young children. My kids loved the pool (about 1.2m deep- I think). Pool water was warmed by the sun. There was a life bouy which the kids used. 2 pool towels were provided. Only 2 bath towels were provided even though it's a room for 4 but you can request from housekeeping. The toiletries provided were Crabtree and Evelyn - loved it. Cleanliness of the toilet was average, shower area has some mouldy tiles. The villa has an irritating door alarm which goes off every time you pull the handle but at least you know you are safe. No mossies issue when we were there.

Recreation:
There is a games room with some arcade games, 2 Wii sets, 2 table-tennis tables, table soccer, air hockey and pool table. Kids get to do some craft there too. I tried the fishing. Rented the fishing set with baits but didn't catch anything. The archery was quite fun for first timers. Make sure you buy the package vouchers at the reception because it's much cheaper. Mix & match package is a good bargain. I also tried the massage at the Spa. Good experience, nice ambiance, average massage, expensive (160RM for an hour).

Food:
The breakfast buffet was great. Good spread. I read some bad reviews about the breakfast on trip advisor and actually checked with the staff. They said that there was more variety that weekend we were there because they were catering to a company retreat for 300 pax. Lucky us.

Outside the hotel about 10 mins walk, there are a few small eateries. If you drive then you can head to the Giant hypermart at Lukut or the waterfront at Port Dickson. We also visited the night market along Jalan Pantai (Road no. 5)(before Petronas). Must Go!

We enjoyed the stay very much and would probably return.

Room Tip: We prefer the upper floor villas with the pool at roof line.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hana_Tay
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Glad to know that overall, you had a comfortable stay with us. I have noted all your comments and will certainly look into them individually with the necessary teams. It pleases me greatly to know that you had such a great stay with us. Having shared your compliments with the team, high fives have been shared for creating such a memorable stay for you. Your feedback shows that we are truly on the right path as we continuously work to improve our service delivery process.

Thank you once again for your feedback.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

My friends and I were at the Grand Lexis Port Dickson 2 weekends ago for a one night stay and had the most disappointing experience. We arrived to be informed, to our delight that we had been "upgraded" to a waterfront suite. However, the waterfront suite turned out to be a poor excuse of a suite. The poorly designed rooms leaves one with almost no view of the sea except for a small opening at the pool. For a hotel that has allegedly won the best architecture award and with a beautiful view of the waters, this is extremely baffling. The pool is enclosed within 4 walls, leaving one feeling extremely claustrophobic. The floors of the kitchenette and shower was dirty and the room smelt musty. To top it off, there were also lizards in the room. We called for housekeeping to clean up the toilet. However, even after the cleaning, there was still a stench of urine in the bathroom.

Breakfast ends at 1030am sharp daily. We attempted to head for breakfast at 1050am to find the restaurant staff clearing out the restaurant. We asked the restaurant if anything could be done for us since we missed breakfast by about 20 mins. We were then told that the only breakfast available were if we paid for it. While we understand that there is a limited window for breakfast, it would have been helpful if we were informed upon check in about the breakfast timing. We casually mentioned this to the front desk during our check-out. The front desk staff on duty was extremely nonchalant about our feedback, which only adds to our disappointment.

My friends and I felt extremely aggrieved after our weekend experience, especially since we paid a good MYR800 for the hotel room. You would expect quite a bit from such a price. For anyone looking to visit Port Dickson, please stay at the Avillion, which is a much more pleasant resort for just a little more in price.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank RachelLi84
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location and overall ambiance. We regret that some of these factors had inconvenienced you during your stay and thus made it less memorable than was expected. You will be glad to know that we have addressed these issues with the respective Departments and that there will be improvements in the areas you had mentioned.

The Resort has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times. These feedbacks have helped us tremendously in ensuring they are rectified with the respective departments and improvements are in place to nullify these shortcomings. We look forward to welcoming you back again.