“Overpriced and not too fresh”

Medan Ikan Bakar MPPD
Ranked #74 of 92 Restaurants in Port Dickson
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We tried one of the stalls, located immediately to the left to the main entrance. Overpriced, with none too fresh fish, and not so tasty cooking of the poor fish. We probably would try elsewhere in the future, since there are many food joints in PD, especially Tom Yam related fan fare.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have always go to PD for a weekend getaway from KL and very rarely that I chose other restaurant than Seri Mesra Ikan Bakar. Unfortunately, they were close when we arrived in PD. I was not adventurous in trying out new restaurants, so i need to do some research before heading out to any restaurant. and i stumbled upon a review of MPPD.

Medan Ikan Bakar MPPD is a very clean place, beautifully located facing the sea with at least 3 restaurant running there. I chose Samudra Ikan Bakar and i give it a thumbs up, will write a review on it soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I ate here for my first time in PD. It was really awesome!

The views are great and the food is amazing.

It was my first eating in this type of restaurant where you choose your fish and all, and the server there kindly give recommendations for first timers, so it was really nice.

Although the price is kind of expensive since I just spend RM 145.00 for only two person. Their rice is a whooping RM 3.00!!!

The only thing I can complained really is their location. We got lost a few time and finally saw a small, dark signboard leading us the way. I suggest the restaurant put themselves on Google Map or something so that it is easier for us to navigate there, all and all, it was a really pleasant experience!

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

The place is properly built yet there's only limited stalls. One side has been conquered by one big restaurant, so left around 6 restaurants with limited seating. Most of the tables has been reserved. The choices of seafood is limited and not fresh. After an-hour waiting, we asked the waiter and would like to cancel the order. Then she said it's done. 10 mins later, meals served, yet we found that most of the dishes is cold, not like freshly from the wok. I wonder what's actually happening back there. After 1 hour++ waiting, food testing is not valid anymore since we were starving. It should be delicious with starving condition yet I found it's just an average. No wow moments. To fix this long-waiting, they should stop frm taking order when they've reached their order capabilities. No sorry at all and certain of the waiter keep shouting angrily to the other worker due to lots of order and people keep asking for their order to be done.

I would like to suggest you to find any restaurant nearby your hotel. Worth your time & money. No special thing here.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Am just to cheer up my family bcoz just sold my 2 years alphard that day. Went to this place..d terapong and find the bill as much im paying my d.payment for the car.