“Unjusticed”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Unjusticed”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I felt pity for the poor animals there.. under-fed, tired, badly taken care. it was a nightmare to us for over a week just thinking about the fate of them. NO NO NO.. maybe to some human who likes to see how "funny" the way the animals were forced and whacked to entertain, then this place would be fun for them.

But then again, it makes those humans no difference than the caretakers. Very sorry.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank shakeyshawn

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A small zoo”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was visiting this place on the way back from my hotel. It was located a bit far from the city but for me it was worthy to visit. When you arrived on the counter, there are few package available. The complete one was quiet expensive (forgot the price) with combination of 3 attractions which is ostrich farm, dog petting area, and something about Jurassic park and due to I was not interested with something about Jurrasic park, I was choose the RM 20 package that included ostrich farm and dog zoo (I forgot the exact name). They also sold some package of animal foods on the counter but I didnt buy it. Luckily there are a lot of small star fruits surrounding the park so I just took it and feed the animals :p.

There were a lot of animals inside the farm. The first animals that I saw was goats, it was quiet fun experience to feed the goats with the grass and the fruits. The next one will be ostrich area, the ostrich was quiet funny due to some of them are bald and looks like a gigantic chicken in the supermarket. I didnt know what happen to them but I hope it was not because of sickness. During certain hour, there will be attraction called ostrich race and anybody can participate to run with the ostrich. Surrounding the area, you will also see a lot types of chickens and in the petting area near the restaurant, there are few Turkey chickens as well.

Others animals that also available to see are camels, rabbits, goose, donkeys, and horses but if you take extra package like me you can also go to dog zoo. There were a lot types of dogs available in the god zoo from the small like chihuahua to the big one like golden retriever that I cant mention it one by one. I was so much fun inside there and I really recommended for dog lovers to take this package. All of the dogs were so friendly even though some of them were still afraid to the human. I heard that most of the dogs was adopted from many places so maybe some of them were abused by human :(. You can also take them walk on the surrounding area and they also provided dog foods with extra charge of course.

In the middle of the farm, there was a restaurant and souvenir shop. I bought the ostrich satay and omelet at there. The satay was taste unique, it taste like combination of chicken and beef. It was not as soft as chicken meat but it was not as meaty as beef as well. The omelet also taste quiet unique, it taste way more creamy than normal chicken egg. The bad things about the restaurant is it was quiet dirty because I saw a lot of flies in the food counter but I just forgot it and enjoy my foods and luckily nothing happen to me. In the restaurant, you can also step on the ostrich egg that able to hold your weight. For the souvenir shop, there was nothing much to see but you can buy such as ostrich egg in there.

Overall I spend more than 2 hours there and it was fun for me and my girlfriend due to we like to play with the animals.

Pro: Enjoying interact with the animals
Cont: Some animals looks sad, the restaurant was dirty

Visited May 2014
1 Thank irwandi
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Atleast an attraction in PD”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I read the reviews in Trip Advisor and therefore was not expecting a 5 star attraction. It is ok for a day trip to PD. Once can visit on the way back. Spending 1 hr of time will be like giving too much to the place.

Ostrich was really an attraction and tip is to take the Ostrich food (3rm) from the ticket counter. It really is a good experience to feed them from your own hands and a close proximity with the Big animal.

Kids can really enjoy with other animals like swan, rabbits, camel, etc. Overall, something to visit in PD....With 13rm / adult and 8 rm/ kid, not a bad bargain...

Visited February 2014
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Quite ok..”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We went to the farm not putting up much expectations. But we enjoyed our short visit there. The staffs are friendly and chatty. The show farm is not in the most cleanest upkeep but it's neat at some places. However some animals looks sad and weak.

Managed to watch a demo on a race between two ostritches and a bunch of young men. Of course..the big birds won! :)

Ok to visit if you get tired of the beaches in PD and for those with young children.

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A little pricey for such mini farm/zoo”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The farm/zoo is small. Horses, goats, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, one camel, one chameleon and well, ostriches that can be commonly found in any other zoos. Nothing too special that wowed me, maybe except the way ostrich eats.
Nonetheless, the ostrich satay is a must-try!

Visited January 2014