This is a great hotel with an extremely nice outlay as a old fishing village in a beautiful garden close to the beach. We (man 43, wife 39, daughter 3,5) stayed 6 nights in a sea bungalow and the room is good, the (half open air bathroom) is fenomenal. The food in the restaurant(s) is good, for breakfast as well as for dinner. Choice of menu is a bit small and prices, when compared to local eateries, more expensive, but still extremely doable when one looks at European or American level. The staff is very, very helpful and goes out of their way to help you. The set up with the 2 pools for families and one pool for adults only works surpriselingly well: this father also 'escaped' once in a while to the large pool to get some excercise done. There is also a small but sufficient gymnasium and a nice little pet farm foor the little children where every day they can pet the rabbits, turtles, chickens, peacocks etc.
At saturdays there is a night market 500 mtrs down the road (just walk, it is safe!) that is a feast for the eyes, nose an taste buds. A trip to Melaka or (with small kids) to the small jungle forest at Tanjung Tuan (monkeys! to is also recommended.
There is only one slightly negative thing to say: the sea in this region is not good for swimming since it is the Malacca Straits and very busy with boat traffic, which is disappointing since the beaches look very inviting. Stick to the pools and bring, as always in coastal areas in Asia, good insect repellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with the architecture of an Old World Malay fishing village in mind, the resort fuses traditional culture with contemporary luxuries, giving guests the opportunity to experience Malaysia's rich heritage while living in comfort. The result is a perfect hideaway where you can escape the hustle and bustle of city life and take a much needed breather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Avillion Port Dickson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avillion Port Dickson Hotel Port Dickson
- Avillion Hotel Port Dickson
- Port Dickson Avillion Hotel