This resort is lovely but, as others have also posted, is so over-priced I felt ripped off. And despite management’s posted reassurances that things will be rectified, they obviously don’t care that much. If you are looking for a short break by the seaside, head to Phuket, Cha-am, Kerala or Bali, they are better destinations than Port Dickson; cleaner waters (by far) and more off-resort activities. For the amount Avillion charge you can find a true five star resort at any one of these alternative locations. Consider:
Room furnishings were tatty, balcony door sticks, child’s pen doodle on the wall, toilet didn’t flush properly, exposed a/c unit in the bathroom. The spa experience was disappointing, massage most ordinary and, in general staff throughout the resort were least bothered – the outstanding exception being the staff in the aviLounge, who were brilliant.
Breakfast was a complete joke; totally understaffed and underequipped for the volume of guests. If you like to start your vacation day with a leisurely tranquil breakfast, STAY AWAY. On our first day, the egg station ran out of accompaniments for omelets, and on our last it actually ran out of eggs (and neither times were that late in the service period). Ridiculously slow, single serve coffee dispensers that needed, but were not given, constant attention by staff (clean tray, fill water tank, refill bean depository etc), lines five deep at the cooking stations and limited hot western breakfast choices meant sitting down with a hot coffee and a hot meal at the same time was impossible. One morning our table was given away while we were waiting at the buffet! And the staff were totally unapologetic about any of the problems.
The resort appears to be popular enough with domestic tourists, which may be why the management feel they don’t need to improve the service (or reduce the price) to compete with other international destinations. We didn’t have a terrible experience, but we won’t be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with the architecture of an Old World Malay fishing village in mind, the resort fuses traditional culture with contemporary luxuries, giving guests the opportunity to experience Malaysia's rich heritage while living in comfort. The result is a perfect hideaway where you can escape the hustle and bustle of city life and take a much needed breather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Avillion Port Dickson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avillion Port Dickson Hotel Port Dickson
- Avillion Hotel Port Dickson
- Port Dickson Avillion Hotel