“My Best Beach Experience in 1 hour drive from Kuala Lumpur” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Avillion Port Dickson
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Maynooth, Ireland
“My Best Beach Experience in 1 hour drive from Kuala Lumpur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were invited to a workshop by our workplace to hotel "Avillion Port Dickson". At first we were confused about the name since there are two Avilions in Port Dickson. This Hotel does not show the incredible inside environment from the roadside, and from the Kuala Lumpur is the first hotel, the other one is few kilometers further to the Melaka side.
I must say the first thing came to my mind was how polite and friendly were the staff. I loved them. They have two types of accommodations, Villas and Water chalets. We were lucky to get Water Chalets, it was a medium size room on the water, amazing!!!!!! You could see the ocean from every where and the balcony was right above the sea. The sound of the waves was so relaxing and like a lullaby for us and our 6 month old baby.
The room was very clean. I liked the patio effect in the bathroom, in the morning you could see birds and bright sky.
I loved the pillows, so soft and comforting same as the bed sheets. I actually tried to find out what is the brand name of that pillow, but there was not any label. :(((... I loved the lounge area with big window and nice view. We actually slept there instead of beds.
I really enjoyed the breakfast, the pool, the animal feeding, clean beach. There were lots of cleaning corners, like showers and water buckets to clean your feet and body before coming inside the room.
They had two beaches, both very clean, one for sports and game activities and one for relaxing, swimming and sunbathing.There were also a very nice Spa which was located in the middle of water amazing!!!! I should say I have never seen a hotel with this great facility, they as sauna, steam room, Tennis court, Spa, Movies, Karaoke, many many more.
There were only few thins I did not like about this hotel. First, in the room, there were two bulky single beds with unusual height, they were designed for kings or people over two meter height. We ended up sleeping on the lounge and beds were unused. We did not put the baby on it because we were afraid of falling from so height.
The other down side was some little design mistakes. The fridge door could not be opened and closed because the cabinet was wrongly designed and every time opening or closing, the doors fight with each other.The other funny feature was the water tap in the sink. Although, the sink was very nice and shiny, one of taps touched the mirror and every time opening or closing the tap, you had to push mirror back. The other funny thing was the size of the bath, it was designed for people less that 1.5 meters.
I think if they solve these little mistakes and put tints on the windows for some more privacy, this hotel is one of the best beach hotels in the world.

Room Tip: Enjoy your time there.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank heyammos
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience!

I am thrilled to read that you were very well taken care of during your stay with us.

Trust that your positive experience will be shared with the team on how our actions have made your visit here memorable and comfortable.

However, I do apologize on unpleasant moments which you experienced whilst at our Resort. Trust that your valuable feedback has been addressed to the respective departments concerned for further plan to improve our service

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Michael Quay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

What a bad experience!!! poor management! no update for long time! not sure when was the last maintenance done there.

beach is more like a muddy puddle! water front room is like muddy front room, see my photos!

Very slow check in, after long waiting for my room to get ready, here you go! NO TOWEL FOR 2 MORE HOURS!!

If you don't have car don't go there at all.

Swimming pool water was kind of yellowish!

Free Wi-Fi is a joke, not enough capacity for all rooms, not even at reception you can get to internet.

See my photos, as a photo speak thousand words.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank Amin S
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with the hotel.

It disheartens me to read about your experience at the hotel.

I am truly sorry for the unpleasant experience you had with us.
It is certainly not the hotel experience we promised to our valued customers.

Trust that your comments were not taken lightly by me or the team as corrective measures have been carried out to avoid similar incidents from reoccurring.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon and get your new feedback.

Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This is the best resort I have ever stayed with my family.we stayed at the premium water chalets.we stayed there for 3 days 2 nights.the breakfast and the dinner was just fantastic, haha my nephew enjoyed the waffles.The reception and the cleaners were friendly.it was nice to walk at night and the toilet it's kinda less privacy but it was nice tough.we had fun going to the beach and the swimming pool.the day we went back we was kind of sad leaving the resort, but never mind we Will come back again some other time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank honeyfah
Thank you for the absolutely amazing review provided!

I’m touched to hear such wonderful comments and it keeps us motivated and our staff will be truly grateful to hear the kind words you have mentioned of them.

Hope that your wonderful stay has indeed inspire you to return and should you do,
please do reach out to us and we will be very happy to arrange for another memorable stay with us!

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Recently visited for a short 3D2N business strategic planning. Had a pleasant stay where felt at ease at every corner. A re-visit after almost 14 years and all still as good :) surely the next visit will not be 14 years later.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Shamaine H
Thank you very much for the excellent review!

I am delighted to read that your recent stay at the hotel was a memorable one.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel need to improve their check-in process. Official check in at 3pm, the hotel reception open for check-in at 2pm, we queue up at 2pm sharp. There's only 2 counters, check-in process is slow. We have line-up in front the counter for half an hour just to register check in, not given room ket yet. The staff us me to come back at 3pm to collect the room key. At 3pm they told me the room is not ready yet. They say will call me once the room is ready. Finally received call from the hotel staff at 3.20pm, told me to collect key at the counter. Total time waiting to check in: 1hour20min.

The water chalet view is not what I expected. We were given a water chalet Goa room 510 fronting others chalet balcony. No open sea view.

Feel tired, thought to take a shower, but no bath towels are given in the room, the hotel staff forgot to put towel in the room. Have to request from customer service.

Overall the hotel service is bad. I won't come again next time. They charge us expensive price but give us bad service. The only things that I like about the hotel is the water chalet open shower space, greenish and village environment, and lovely pet farm.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank sywong331
Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review…

I have taken note of the comments provided and have channeled them to the team to assist improving our services to help serve you and our future guests better.

Nonetheless, I do hope to welcome you again in the future should your traveling plans bring you back to Port Dickson

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Bad greetings from security guard..plz hired local security guard bcoz nepal guard think they are police in avillion..guard walking around with serious,arrogant face and kept asking abt my room number..

• Stayed March 2014
12 Thank aizana
Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review.

Humble apology on how the matter was being handled. Trust that your valuable feedback has been addressed to the respective department concerned for further plan to improve our service

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon and get your new feedback.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I have been to this hotel several times over a period of 8 years. The rooms are much the same though a little older. Decent maintenance work and the rooms are clean. Rooms are made up well daily, no complaints there. Breakfast is decent for the first day but quickly gets boring. Pool is crowded and not very clean. Fine for a family and kids but not so much for a couple. The beach nearby has been cleaned up recently compared to when we were here many years previously, but we still weren't tempted to go swimming in the murky-looking waters. Definitely not a romantic destination; however, decent enough for a short family break.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CoconutHustle
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I have taken note of your comments in regards of the swimming pool and will be sure to inform our management staff of this.

Thank you once again for your time in writing us this review and I hope that you will return again perhaps for a leisure visit with loved ones.

Until then, have a great day ahead and see you soon!