We were invited to a workshop by our workplace to hotel "Avillion Port Dickson". At first we were confused about the name since there are two Avilions in Port Dickson. This Hotel does not show the incredible inside environment from the roadside, and from the Kuala Lumpur is the first hotel, the other one is few kilometers further to the Melaka side.
I must say the first thing came to my mind was how polite and friendly were the staff. I loved them. They have two types of accommodations, Villas and Water chalets. We were lucky to get Water Chalets, it was a medium size room on the water, amazing!!!!!! You could see the ocean from every where and the balcony was right above the sea. The sound of the waves was so relaxing and like a lullaby for us and our 6 month old baby.
The room was very clean. I liked the patio effect in the bathroom, in the morning you could see birds and bright sky.
I loved the pillows, so soft and comforting same as the bed sheets. I actually tried to find out what is the brand name of that pillow, but there was not any label. :(((... I loved the lounge area with big window and nice view. We actually slept there instead of beds.
I really enjoyed the breakfast, the pool, the animal feeding, clean beach. There were lots of cleaning corners, like showers and water buckets to clean your feet and body before coming inside the room.
They had two beaches, both very clean, one for sports and game activities and one for relaxing, swimming and sunbathing.There were also a very nice Spa which was located in the middle of water amazing!!!! I should say I have never seen a hotel with this great facility, they as sauna, steam room, Tennis court, Spa, Movies, Karaoke, many many more.
There were only few thins I did not like about this hotel. First, in the room, there were two bulky single beds with unusual height, they were designed for kings or people over two meter height. We ended up sleeping on the lounge and beds were unused. We did not put the baby on it because we were afraid of falling from so height.
The other down side was some little design mistakes. The fridge door could not be opened and closed because the cabinet was wrongly designed and every time opening or closing, the doors fight with each other.The other funny feature was the water tap in the sink. Although, the sink was very nice and shiny, one of taps touched the mirror and every time opening or closing the tap, you had to push mirror back. The other funny thing was the size of the bath, it was designed for people less that 1.5 meters.
I think if they solve these little mistakes and put tints on the windows for some more privacy, this hotel is one of the best beach hotels in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with the architecture of an Old World Malay fishing village in mind, the resort fuses traditional culture with contemporary luxuries, giving guests the opportunity to experience Malaysia's rich heritage while living in comfort. The result is a perfect hideaway where you can escape the hustle and bustle of city life and take a much needed breather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotelopia so you can book your Avillion Port Dickson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avillion Port Dickson Hotel Port Dickson
- Avillion Hotel Port Dickson
- Port Dickson Avillion Hotel