“my best beach resort”

Avillion Port Dickson
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had stayed here afew times. Avillion have very good facilities even sauna & spa. There is 2 Swim pool - for kids & adult. There is mini animal pet farm ie. birds , rabbit, peacock, local chickens, hamster etc. Buffet breakfast is good & complete so as dinner was good as well though need to be improve more varieties food. Chalet room was great with interior ie. big bath tub & jacuzzi.
Kids club play room was good video games & facilities.

Room Tip: Chalet rooms by swimming pools
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chef_calvinchan
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for the absolutely amazing review provided!

I’m amazed to hear such wonderful comments and it keeps us motivated and our staff will be truly grateful to hear the kind words you have mentioned of them.

Michael Quay

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The beach, the environment and the ocean were perfect! Great relaxing experience but bear in mind, no breakfast included unless you book the premium room. The facilities in room is above average, yet for a 5 star levels hotel I do expect more.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yeezhen F

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us.

Your kind comments are most valued.
Please be assured that we have taken note of your feedback especially the facilities in the room

Your continuous support will be appreciated and to receive high compliments for your return visit means a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Check-in at the reception was smooth. We stayed in the Water Chalet Cochin #620 for 1 night which we paid RM400.00++ not including breakfast. Was told by the reception that breakfast was about RM37++ per person. The room is spacious and cleanliness is above average. The seaview from the balcony was good. There is a big Pangkin daybed by the window and open-air shower which I love. Oh, don’t leave the balcony and bathroom door open for long – the mosquitoes might get in. My husband got bitten by mozzies at night. Housekeeping should provide electric mosquito repellent in the rooms. And strange that hand towels is not provided, only bath towels.

The entire garden and lush surroundings is tidy and well kept. Beautiful peacock and chickens roaming in the gardens. We enjoyed swimming in the kids pool and Village pool in the evening. There is also a Pet Farm where you can see rabbits, chickens and tortoise as well as squirrels on the trees.

What really bothered us was the lousy and double standard service by some of the waiters and staffs of the resort. One example: That night, we went for dinner at the Crow’s Nest which served continental à la carte. There was about 3 or 4 waiters and staffs standing near the cashier counter just chatting with each other. My husband was carrying our 3-year old daughter when we arrived at the restaurant and the staff there just ignored us as if we don't exist. He had to push open the thick heavy glass door by himself and had to ask one of the staff where to sit. If not, they’d just be busy chatting and ignored us. Good thing the waiter later offered us a kid's menu. Food was delicious though but the waiters were not alert to see that our water goblets needed to be replenished with cold drinking water - we just waited and observed. When we almost finished our meals, there were other guests just arriving. We noticed that the staffs will quickly usher and open the door to greet and welcome Westerners but will ignore the Malaysian guests.

Why the double standard, Avillion? Why only smile, acknowledge and service Westerners? We local guests are paying too, you know? I didn't expect an expensive award-winning beach resort to treat their local guests this way. Such a shame.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Earelia

Thank you for staying with us and truly appreciate your feedbacks!

I apologize for the inconvenience that you had faced during your stay with us.
Rest assured that all our guests are treated equally and that it might has been an oversight on our behalf.

I really hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you better…

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent two nights here: one at the beginning of my trip and another at the end of my trip. The pros: the grounds are beautiful, and the beach is quite nice. But overall I was disappointed because of the poor staff service, and inferior rooms. Here are some examples: at breakfast the lady in charge of cooking eggs and omelettes was chatting with her friend and could see that there were people waiting in line and she couldn't be bothered to do her job; at dinner we ordered three entrees for our group, and they only delivered two of the three entrees and forgot to make the third entrée; my romaine salad was a few leaves of wilted romaine with no dressing; there was only one towel in my room; the bathroom/shower/toilet are outside in an enclosed area and it was EXTREMELY hot; the rooms were old and tired; two of the lights in my room didn't work; the air conditioning was noisy; their business center is a joke; the wifi is problematic; the water in the two swimming pools are is very warm and uncomfortable. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the dock area with the big spa at the end because it totally blocks your vie...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank bobca1947
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you very much for the review provided!

It disheartens me to read about your experience at the hotel.

I have also learnt about your experience through my team and I am truly sorry for the unpleasant experience you had with us. It is certainly not the hotel experience we promised to our valued customers

I’m glad to hear that despite the inconvenience, you had managed to fully enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and have a great week ahead

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The resort provides good beds. Our chalet was on the beach/ sea. It's designed for guests to chill and hear the waves. We had a good time with our friends. I love the rain shower design in the room. Love the swimming pool too.
The resort also has a small petting zoo filled with rabbits and cockerels/chickens. It has a garden pleasant to the eyes.
Certainly recommending this resort to couples, family and friends for an outing not to far from the city.
Can't say much on the services because we didn't order any room service or experience any other services in the resort for our one night stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank s1ngee

Thank you for the absolutely amazing review provided!

I’m touched to hear such wonderful comments and it keeps us motivated and our staff will be truly grateful to hear the kind words you have mentioned of them.

Hope that your wonderful stay has indeed inspire you to return and should you do, please do reach out to us and we will be very happy to arrange for another memorable stay with us!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've been to Avillion many times when visiting Malaysia, but recently had my first time there with a toddler. The best thing about the place is its proximity to KL - it took us 90 mins to drive there from Ampang - so my daughter slept most of the way. The resort was fantastic for kids (something I hadn't noticed before I had kids). It was school holidays so there were always kids in the pool for her to play with, a 'kids corner' activity/craft room, and she LOVED patting and feeding the animals during special times. If you haven't been to Port Dickson itself, it's not very nice as a beach destination as it's on a major shipping channel. We learnt that lesson before, so we only stay within the resort. We had an overwater bungalow again, which I think is worth the slightly higher rate.

Room Tip: Take your own fly spray if you like to sleep with doors and windows open - the resort offers those p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank SydneyGourmet

Thank you for such a detailed review of our resort…

I am happy to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

It certainly was a pleasure to host your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home" soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Had a jolly good time here,stayed for two nights at the water chalet...great to get out of the hustle bustle of kl town.
Check in was breezy and smooth,staff was efficient and very prompt,friendly throughout our stay here
Room was very clean with comfy bed
Came during the off peak season and plus during weekdays makes our stay so much better as there arent any guest around
But however the breakfast wasn't that great,not many choices are on offer,

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank tank_seven
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for such a detailed review of our resort…

I am happy to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

However, please be assured that I have taken note of your feedback on our breakfast