“Wifi service very poor:/”

Avillion Port Dickson
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed 31 July 2014

it's my first hand experience in this hotel;
Room service menu is limited and meal portion not equal value of price....
Yes, free wifi but poor coverage and sooo slow internet, even at room and lobby, plz improve it...

Room Tip: Yes, free wifi but poor coverage and sooo slow internet, even at room and lobby, plz improve it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Yahyahl
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us…

Your kind comments are most valued. Please be assured that we have taken remedial action on your feedback especially the WIFI.

We definitely look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I thought that I need not write a review this time around since I have written 3 other reviews previously. However, for this stay, I had to write a short review about my 3d/2n stay. It was a long weekend (Raya weekend), I was expecting a huge crowd at check in / out, judging from my previous experiences, they were pretty slow at check in / out. But to my surprise, my check in / out was a breeze! Despite the huge amount of people, I was checked in / out within 10 minutes (I arrived at about 330pm and left about 12pm). This is highly commendable to the team at the reception!

Below summarizes some of the minor issues with the resort:

1. There is only 1 beach accessible now, the one on the far end (near the water chalets) is now closed - not sure why
2. Car parks - made even more limited as the additional section (near the bungalow on the hotel side) were closed. Only a few spots left on the hotel side, plenty available across the road though.
3. Rooms are pretty dated and requires some updating
4. Restaurant menu - the menu needs to be updated. I first stayed here 5 years ago and I can say the menu during breakfast and at Crow's Nest is pretty much the same - something needs to be done here
5. Not really the hotel's fault, a bunch of guests (approx 15 of them) were hanging at the deck chairs near to the garden chalets (Not the ones near the beach but the ones along the walkway where there are only 2 chairs). The guests were occupying that spot from 2pm until late (11pm?) and subsequently from 8am the next morning. They were taking turns to occupy that space so that the space is only available to them - depriving others from using it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank merk_kl

Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review…

We regret that it fell short of both our expectations in terms of service levels rendered by the resort team for your stay.

There is no excuse for such service standards at the Resort. However, we do assure you that this is not the norm for the Avillion; and we had addressed these matters to improve on areas mentioned.

Looking forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was on a business trip with colleagues. Just another moderate place for a vacation I would say. The room was clean, amenities were good. They have a beautiful swimming pool with a small bridge crossing it. You can also see Yachts parked along the bay; beautiful view during sunset! The only turn off is the service and the food. The food was average for a luxury hotel, which needs a lot of improvement. Service was below average as well. Luxury hotel should come with luxury service. If it's not, it's not the worth the value for your money. I would rate, 6.6 / 10.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ragu1511

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us.

Your kind comments are most valued. Please be assured that we have taken note of your feedback especially the service and the food

Your continuous support will be appreciated and to receive high compliments for your return visit means a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed in premium water chalet unit next to aVi-spa.

Room generally clean but i noted blood stain on blanket and bed sheet. Toilet generally clean as it's open sky style so do expect birds excretion on the floor but can be easily wash away.

View from room or balcony was great as it's located on the sea, you get infinity sea view and sounds of waves as backdrop of your pics and videos. Only down side is that as its next to walkway, i don't enjoy the privacy in balcony or inside my room if i draw up the shield covering the door to balcony or daybed.

Activities-we had a troll around the chalet and found nice spots for photo. We went to their adult swimming pool,1.2M, and their famous pet farm. Im not sure if the hotel provides other water activities like banana boat or parasailing or bike rental. Swimming pool water visibility not as clear as SG public pool other than the nature cause like tree twigs, fallen leaves & insects. Animals such as peacock and chicken from pet farm also roam around the pool. Pet farm keeper, Sarojah was friendly. Rabbits, chicken, peacocks, doves and turtles are free to roam around in the spacious area.

Food - daily free breakfast from 7am-11am at the area next to children pool. Variety of food and taste was good. In view of the room i booked, i can enjoyed tea break and cocktail session at aVi-lounge and the view was magnificent.

aVi-spa experienced was great as our therapists are experienced but i think its abit pricey. This can be compensated with the view you enjoyed and the comfortable massage you experienced.

Free wifi and connection was relatively good. Limited TV show on tv. Please bring your own entertainment if you are a tv show addict.

Room Tip: Don't forget to make request before booking. i request for corner unit and i got it but its next...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joey W

Thank you for taking the time to review Avillion Port Dickson

While it is good to read that there were elements of your stay which you enjoyed, we really must apologise that we did not meet your overall expectation.

We would like to assure you that we take your comments seriously and we will use your feedback to improve our service.

We have taken immediate action on your comments to improve our service.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Am stay one night there, I like the view and room design but stuff service Terrible ، they don't know how smiling and speaking with the gust , look like no body teach them, almost of five star hotel can eat breakfast even for 2 time , when I leave the breakfast for second time I came to drink coffee , but they said me you have to order ala cart , even am still have time to use from my breakfast buffet !!!!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank meisa A

Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review.

Humble apology on how the matter was being handled .

Trust that your valuable feedback has been addressed to the respective department concerned for further plan to improve our service

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon and get your new feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

It's a decent place, I stayed in the premium water chalet where you get to enter the lounge for a great sunset view.
Breakfast was so awesome with wide selection they even have roti bakar and roti canai station!
Haven't really went to the beach but so far in the chalet itself everything is good.
Specially the outdoor rain shower! Feel like you're showering in the sea with the waves gently hitting the shore.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank YeeVoon T
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for such a detailed review of our resort…

We are happy to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Should you decide to return for another stay, please do let us know and we will be very happy to accommodate and welcome you back on your return stay.

We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I attended a training recently at Avillion and stayed for 6 days. It is a well maintained property with decent decor and amenities especially its spa. If you are looking for a quick weekend getaway from the city, I would recommend it.

Rooms are lovely. I got a chalet on the upper floor facing the garden. Can be a little noisy when groups hang out at the deck but privacy is ensured. TV is a challenge because the remote only works on the decoder. I had to manually press the buttons behind the tv. Apparently all my colleagues faced the same problem in their rooms.

Food is not bad either but the service is very slow at the Crow's Nest restaurant.

No wifi in the rooms, phone reception is patchy too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Odetorei
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for the detailed review provided for us!

Thank you once again for your time and your great review and see you soon...