Avillion Port Dickson
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Win Win Boutique Hotel(Port Dickson)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$29
US$41
Avillion Admiral Cove(Port Dickson)
US$54
US$51
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Lexis Port Dickson(Port Dickson)
US$115
Merlin Hotel(Port Dickson)
US$23
US$20
Priceline
Eagle Ranch Resort(Port Dickson)
US$34
US$38
US$32
Agoda.com
1,561 results
All reviewspetting zoopet farmgarden chaletwater chaletavi spaday bedvillage courtkids cabinfamily poolcrows nestriau beachanimal feedingnature walkfour poster bedsand fliesadult poolthe open air shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2010

we had a 4 night stay 2 of these, were a major holiday period, which ment a delay at breakfast-- but we had a good selection, I am rather selective with food not a lover of far east menu's but there was adiquate choice for me. the area around the hotel we enjoyed. Staff were pleasant & attentive, we had a comfortable bed in awater chalet negative point was very noisey aircon!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonUK
Reviewed 21 November 2010

When I got to hear that we were staying at Avillion, I went thro the website and trip advisor reviews and was looking forward to my visit. I stayed there for 5 days and 4 nights.

Location: About an hour from the airport and away from KL on the beach with water chalets and garden chalets on level 2 having views of the malacca straits. There are beaches on both sides- tiny ones. great for morning jogs but not much more. Water in the straits was ok , clean but you could not see thro. Had more fun with the sea water in langkawi.

Costs: Coke= 6 RM. Tiger beer can: 18 RM. U need to account for an additonal service charge of 10% and 5% tax . Room was 460 RM per day- including service charge and taxes

Rooms: well sized, clean with a large bathroom. full marks here

Wifi- patchy wifi connectivity in the rooms- which was really sad as i had to keep going to the reception or the restaurant to get it.

Biz meeting location: in a separate building - nice with wifi connectivity.

Food: Strictly ok - lot of variety but not too much for my Indian taste buds. i found the food too fishy with over powering sea food smell even in vegetarian dishes. Too many flies around the food buffet. Apparently the hotel maintains that they cant do much about it due to the location close to the water- this is according to a hotel note in all rooms.

Pool - fabulous - see my pictures

Spa - pricey 200-300 ringitts for a good massage. But the location of the spa is right out after the last water chalet.

Restaurants - they have 2. One is the crows nest on level 2, and the other is the village next to the pool side. they have 2 bars. the larger one does not have air conditioning, the smaller one does.Service at The Village was extra ordinarily slow. Perhaps the hotel is not equipped to deal with large groups. Our corporate menu had beer and wine, and i was informed this by my waiter. so i ordered a tiger can. Another waiter came later with a bill saying only draft carlsberg was on the fixed menu and i had to cough up the money. So please clarify if you are on a conference visit.

Overall I went back happy with my trip and would rate my experience above average.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank JK_Time_Traveller
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Reached hotel around 1pm but staff insisted check in time SHOULD be 3pm and I went out for lunch and came back to hotel around 2 pm as I was told that room will be ready around 2pm. I have been waiting for my room to be ready at lobby but hotel allowed another big family to check in first, whom they just arrived at hotel. Staff was so reluctant to allow me to check in though I complained why another guests can check in but me?
Wall is so thin and sound & noise can be heard very clearly. Kids were screaming at pool and around hotel vicinity. It is not nice place to relax at all.
At night I requested mosquito coil as I noticed some in my room and called front office. However they didn't care about my request and it has never been delivered. Therefore I struggled to sleep and fight with mosquitos in my room.
Overall I will never ever recomment this hotel for relaxing and please do not expect too much their service. Service is just so so but price is crazy high and staff were so elegant to handle and attend their guests.
it is not worth staying for this resort. I would recommend Legend Water Home with private swimming pool where is more cosy and quiet environment.
Parking space is very limited and had to park opposite of hotel where is not convenient at all. And parking is always full and space would not be available once you drive out.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kazu_tokyo
Reviewed 21 October 2010

It looks really romantic and as a nice getaway. But in fact, it's not. Can't say that it was disaster, but certainly it's nothing for a couple.
We stayed in premium water chalet, and it was quite OK. Bathroom was interesting, I must say. But sleeping quality was horrible. My husband and I, we both had to go to doctor with back problems. And we don't have this type of problems at all!
It is very boring there. As the sea water is not nice, you have nothing to do there. We just went to spend our day in KL instead.
Breakfast is very basic (and the price which we paid was very high - 560RM ++/night !!!), so for this price I expect a bit more.
Service was slow and not really the best one.
Check out was another disaster. I waited 20 min, and I was second in the queue. And when I complained, lady just smiled and she said sorry, we can't do anything. Oh yeah, of course you can!
So for us it was an experience and we will never go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This is our second visit to this resort. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and our young daughter just loved the place!

Good service, great swimming pool, quiet sandy beaches (on both ends of the resort). Just watch out for pesky sandflies. Be prepared to get bitten (to prevent, apply lots of insect repellent).

Planning to do a "repeat" visit very soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family