“Ideal for a short getaway ”
Review of Lexis Port Dickson

Lexis Port Dickson
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
“Ideal for a short getaway ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This place is ideal for a 2 days 1 night short getaway especially for couples.
However, it was a surprise when we realized the our "king size" bed is 2 single bed combined.
The staff are friendly and quite efficient. I requested hand towels as it was not given and it was replaced immediately. I also highlighted to them that my wifi was not working, and they immediately came and fix the issue. The wifi speed is a tad slow, but good enough.
Nothing much to do around the hotel as the swimming pool is filled with people, other activities didn't seem too attractive
Well, overall, satisfactory

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank CarynKaining
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Lexis Port Dickson.

We appreciate your feedback and we are pleased that you had a great stay. Your positive comments towards our Housekeeping and Front Office team will certainly motivate them.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and we look forward to welcoming back to the Resort again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a night with friends and families last 2 weeks during school holiday. It was very crowded during school holiday which we only able to check-in at 4pm. We booked the deluxe water chalet. The room can accommodating 3-4 persons with an additional extra day bed. However, the bathroom is a bit run down. The disadvantage of the hotel is no beach. Therefore, the kids cannot enjoy the beach. However, the kids enjoyed at the pool and cycling. Overall, this hotel is more for family or company outing which meant for team building or get together.

3 Thank CarinaLo
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for positive your feedback. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort again!
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I must first note that I just can't help my judgement without comparing my recent stays in other hotels. This is a "short, not much planning, lack of researching, taking for granted" trip, but with additional family members joining .... and on overall I am a bit disappointed. To be fair to Lexis PD - my disappointment is very much due to my own higher expectations, and I do respect their business model/decision particularly on charges and services.

The dislikes:
- My bad - not aware that the hotels is just side-by-side with her "higher or better-grade" sister hotel - Grand Lexis, which I was quite impressed looking at the pictures during my online booking. But I am staying in Lexis PD. In fact, I asked if I can change my booking to Grand Lexis instead at reception, but the "blurred-looking and "not-sure" answer from the staff just put me off, and ok... let's try it. On the other side is "Glory Beach Resort ", which is cheaper and has direct access to the shared beautiful beach, with larger pool, and .. (hmm ...stop comparing)
- Check-in at Lexis was a bit too long to my liking, i guess it's because of school holiday peak time. But upon check-in, we (other guest also) were asked to e-mail our booking confirmation to the hotel e-mail address. (Well, I already paid in full for the package through the third party booking site, and I wonder if there is communication issue between the hotel and the booking site, but that should not be my business, right?.)
- My package included breakfast for 2, and additional charge of RM17/children above 4 yrs and RM33/adult applies. The charges for kids bothers me considering my 7 yrs old normally would only take a bowl of "coco-crunch" and a glass of orange. Should I left them in the room or pay the RM17?. BTW, I am staying for 4 days 3 nights. Anyway, the choice of foods are also not to my expectation, and I am not convinced with their professionalism. Some are just talking between them and some not able to communicate properly (not local i think). But I am sure some of them are very good, probably. To add my miserable morning, "a dying flower" was the decoration on my table - see photo (but other tables should be ok i guess). I did inform the staff about it, and they were just laughing as if I was telling a joke.
- Housekeeping - you need to pay for additional towels in the room. Well having kids means you need some extra. I don't find the housekeeping staffs are friendly - not much greetings or at least put some smile. (but the one answering our calls sounds polite).
- Air-conditioning - For some reason it was probably turned-off or centrally controlled that we were awaken in the wee hours feeling uncomfortable with the temperature.

The LIKE:
- The room was comfortable with Bali style/inspiration. Shower, tub and toilet in a lower floor, quite a nice set-up. All the usual toiletries, coffee making facilities, complimentary drink water, security box, small refrigerator, tv and free wi-fi - excellent.
- Room facing the sea, with lines of chalets in the foreground, and direction of sunset at the end view are just perfect for a enthusiast photographer like myself. In fact the view from the 5th floor parking are is just a perfect spot for a sunset photo. (see photo)
- Plenty of car parks along the road side entering the hotels or at the 5 parking floors. No ticket or sorts required - very convenient. And the security guard will make their rounds to the parking area - excellent.
- Plenty of activities - movies, karaoke, pool (you can't share the Grand Lexis pools though), numerous of kids playing area, sports activities (RM68/ full package), bicycles (RM10/hr) and fishing around the chalets area?.
- Beach - the nearby beach is very2 nice, looks like a man-made beach to me, which is just perfect for kids to run around, sand digging, etc. It is also a perfect spot for sunset. Banana Boat and Jet Sky is available an not as crowded and pushing as at the Telok Kemang area.
- Food - (did not try any of the hotel's food considering the breakfast disappointment) plenty of seafood and other restaurants outside the hotel. The nearby Medan Ikan Bakar (by car) is a must try, and I was told that the Seaview Restaurant is a good one too.

Room Tip: While some prefer to park along the road side, parking floors available - cover from rain/sun, and a...
6 Thank Hussien M
Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family stayed in Avillion and Grand Lexis respectively in 2011 and 2012 and due to a promotion at the recent travel fair, decided to try out Lexis this time round. Putting aside any promotion that can affect your decision, I think we still prefer Avillion. 3 years after going there, my kids still remember visiting its pet farm, the room and visiting the beach.

Readers may wish to read my earlier review which compares Grand Lexis with Avillion in Tripadvisor as Grand Lexis and Lexis are side by side, have similar facilities and share some of the activities. Here are some observations on Lexis.

Room - The toilet in the chalet unit is actually between the entrance and the bedroom. Though the shower and toilet has separate doors that provide some privacy, the bathtub and basin is in full view if you want to get in/out of the room. Parents of small kids should also note that there is a sign on the window beside the small bed saying that it is permanently locked (see picture) when in actual fact, it is not. You can actually open it slightly and a 2 yr old kid (I have one) can probably climb up from the bed, open the window and squeeze through the gap.

Pool - Unlike Grand Lexis, the room in Lexis does not have the private pool which is not a bad thing if you don't swim or don't want to watch over a baby who wants to jump into it when given an opportunity. As for the public pool, the one at Lexis is smaller with less facilities for kids, but I suppose it is also less crowded.

Activities - It's still pretty much the usual stuff and most of them you have to pay. The beach is a short walk away unlike in Avillion where it is just beside the hotel.

Staff - Friendly and helpful.

Buffet breakfast - Adequate but not fantastic. Fair for the price.

My impression of Grand Lexis and Lexis is that they are looking a bit tired, the facilities are starting to age and there aren't really any new activities. Overall, I would still say that it is not a bad place to stay. Just don't expect to go to a place like Port Dickson and expect a day full of shopping, sight seeing and other activities. It's a place away from crowded places like Singapore, KL and Malacca where you go to relax.

6 Thank VerySingaporean
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Looking for a relax family retreat, this is definitely a place as it was very quiet at the sea, we are able to relax during school holiday with kids, but it's far away from Port Dickson tourist center. The road signs to the hotel not good. Nice place unfortunately no beach to swim at. Yes... you can even fish from your room, so don't forget to bring your fishing tools & accessories. The glass window on the floor gives you a view of the ocean below, extra point.

Room Tip: They do have buggies to drive the guests to their rooms.
3 Thank Mawie_City
Sapporo, Japan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very difference hotel compare with I visit on before. From the hotel you can see the ocean, feel the ocean on your feet. If you do not have enough funds to "Maldives", why not try to live in here for experience. On second day you can arrange a trip to "Strait of Malacca", there have old stree and watercourse ----- still keeping old story of Malaysia in this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 加賀屋
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Was in early May 2014 for seminar and leisure. Got to stay at a water chalet...given a buggy ride from reception to the room. Room is dated but still comfortable. As the toilet, shower and bathtub areas fill up half of the entire chalet, the bedroom itself is small in comparison. Views from the room is lovely. Cleanliness can be improved.
Dinner buffet at RM80 nett did not live up to the price. The dishes were either too salty or bland. Varieties should be more. Breakfast also should have been better.
Otherwise, staffs were nice and attentive. Checking in and out were smooth. Parking spots aplenty. Whether I will stay here again other than attending a seminar.....I have to think twice for that!

Room Tip: the water chalets have the 'resort' feel to it, with beautiful views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business