“Our lovely Honeymoon after 12,5 years marriage..... :D”

Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Pulau Tioman
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We suposed to stay for four nights, but we were so happy that we booked one night longer. And even that was not enough :( It was the best holiday ever! A relaxing atmosphere, lovely, helpfull and friendly people. There are nice trips to make. We loved the 4 hours during snorkling trip. We stayed in the Nautilus, great sea view, big room for a family of four. The food was good and fresh. The kids loved the little kitten and Maggie the dog haha. It was our paradise for those 6 days. Patrick and the rest of the crew thanks for the lovely time on Tioman. We'll come back!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Monique G
pjhtiomanPaya, Manager at Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Monica,
Thank you for posting your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Maggie and the kitten were particularly upset that you left as they were loving all the attention!
It was a pleasure to meet you and to look after you during your visit, we really hope to see you back here in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for 3 very relaxing nights.The quiet laid back atmosphere of the resort was exactly what we needed on our escape from Singapore. All the staff are very welcoming and extremely friendly. We enjoyed the snorkelling at the resort and on the trips the staff organised for us. The 2hr Rengis(?) Island trip was great. The food was basic but plentiful. The cocktails were yum. The staff even let our kids and other teenagers staying there have a fire on the beach one night which was great fun. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. We stayed in a beach front room Reefshark.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Donna M
Melina B, Manager at Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Donna,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed you visit and hope you will return in the near future. Glad the bonfire went down well and good to hear that the cocktails were up to par!
Best wishes from all here,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

A very relaxing for 3 Days 2 Night trip with my lovely cousins. We took ferry from Mersing to Paya Jetty and resort arranged for their own speedboat transferred to the resort.We were so excited when we reached in front of the chalet. From the sea taxi, we saw Sophie,Guru and Dee were waiting for us, we were led to our wooden shack room (Dragonfly) placed between huge trees and rocks. The room was well furnished, with enough lighting and fans and air-conditioning. The bathroom was clean and had both a shower.

First day they arrange BBQ for us and my sister in law was vegetarian, they took extra care for vegetarian food. Its really shock for us. The bar has a wide selection of cheap cocktails and beers.

We really wont forget their staff GURU, DEE, SOPHIE, AIMEE and also Maggie (Dog). They really friendly, a thoroughly cheerful, nice and helpful team.

Last day we really enjoyed our fresh juice in the bar. The juice specially made by GURU for us. Thank you so much GURU. You really care 8 of us as your sisters.

Overall, I would very much recommend this resort to anyone who wants to enjoy peace, nature, serenity, amazing hospitality and pure relaxation. You will be surrounded by pure nature and that is the beauty of the the resort. We look forward to staying with you again and once again THANK YOU!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 8Roses2014
pjhtiomanPaya, General Manager at Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Roses2014,
Thank you for your very comprehensive review I am delighted you all enjoyed your stay with us. Aimee,Guru and Dee found you all very charming, Guru in particular enjoyed your appreciation of his juice bar. I am very pleased your vegetarian cousin enjoyed the food, my own daughter is a strict vegetarian and I know how distressing it can be if proper choices are not offered.
As for Maggie the dog, I think the less said about her the better, she is supposed to be our guard dog but I think choosing a daft poodle (who is afraid of cats) was possibly a mistake for that requirement!!
I hope you will return in the near future,
Best wishes from all at Melina,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My boyfriend and I love our stay at Melina which sadly enough was only for two night. We relaxed at the beach, enjoyed the good food (which is a la carte if the resort is not fully booked) and the second night they even organised a BBQ which was great. The cocktails are all worth a try.
We stayed at a deluxe beachfront room with A/C and the room was very clean and spacious.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mup24
pjhtiomanPaya, Manager at Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear MUP 24,
Thank you for posting your report on Tripadvisor. we are delighted your boyfriend and you enjoyed your visit, very glad the coctails went down well.
I hope you will be able to return in the future and hopefully stay a little longer next time.
Best regards from all here,
Parick.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this resort in May 2014 and had a great time. Unfortunately, we were there for only one night because the resort was fully booked the whole week.

We had the Deluxe Beach Front Chalet (Reefshark). The room was clean and comfortable. Food is good. People are very friendly.This is a great place if you want to chill and relax and do nothing, exactly what i was looking for. What i love the most is fall asleep to the sound of waves. :)

We had a wonderful time and I would recommend Melina to all. I'll be back soon Melina! Thank you Patrick and Dee. See you soon!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shuhadanrdn
pjhtiomanPaya, Manager at Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Shuhadanrdn,
Thank you for posting your report on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you enjoyed you stay here, sorry we couldnt offer you extra nights, the resort is small and it does fill up quickly.
I hope we will see you back here in the near future,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My friends had done their research on Melina but I didn't read too much before going. I wanted this to be a mystery and believe me; I loved what Melina turned out to be. Patrick (the gracious owner) sent a boat at the Paya terminal where we reached through a ferry from Mersing. After we reached the resort, and got welcomed by the staff and Patrick himself, we were led to our wooden shack room placed between huge trees and rocks. This place really has an amazing concept. There are beach facing rooms, an interesting tree-house and other garden facing rooms as well. The rooms have bunk beds and also a queen sized one. I won't say they are loaded with 5-star amenities but why would you even want that in the midst of a rain forest?
The restaurant area is pretty and well-maintained. The manager Dee San-e is a very friendly person and he would sit with us with lots of stories of Melina and Tioman whenever he got the time.
The first night, a Saturday, was barbecue night and we were presented with the most delicious stuff we had eaten in a long long time. Dee prepared all of it himself and we couldn't just stop eating. I liked the breakfast too, both healthy and well-prepared. Patrick arranged for us to do a Snorkeling day trip on Sunday and we went to different parts of the island to snorkel and it turned out to be an unforgettable experience.
Melina Beach Resort isn't one of those 'ordinary' resorts, its more of a family and what's best is that it is secluded from the overcrowded or unclean beaches. A private beach, good food, great friends, a different world and an altogether exciting experience is what Melina offers you. Remember that its not a party place. It's quiet. There are cats, there is an adorable dog, sometimes small insects but they all come along with packages of love.
I really didn't want to leave. I wish I could have stayed longer. Another thing that really impressed me was their Library! Yes, a library with more than 200 books: A relief for every booklover's soul. If you really want to make your trip to Tioman one filled with togetherness, serenity and beauty (and bits of education): Melina is where you should stay, without questions! And when you're back, you should thank me! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nikita M

Dear Nikita,
Thank you for your lovely report ,we are all delighted that you and your friends enjoyed you stay here. It was our pleasure to meet and look after you all and we hope you will come again in the future. My dog is most put out that you refer to her as adorable, she has asked me to point out that she is in fact the resort GUARD DOG and as such is very important!
Hope to see you soon,
Patrick and team.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

i went there for a school camp. it was awesome we learned a lot about the rainforest and i got straight As. the place is nice but we always tracked sand into the cabin. luckily i might be going back again and i will have alto of fun again

Room Tip: big places!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dauntless_Divergent4
pjhtiomanPaya, Manager at Melina Beach Resort Pulau Tioman Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Dauntless,
Thank you for submitting your review on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you enjoyed your visit and that the Biology course was beneficial. Our education programme is now a major part of our business here at Melina and it is very encouraging to get such positive feedback.
I hope we will see you return in the future with your family.