“Really good diving school”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tioman Dive Centre

Tioman Dive Centre
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Pulau Tioman
More attraction details
Owner description: A dive centre with the personal touch. We will do our upmost to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable day's diving at TDC. we are based in 2 locations; our main dive base is on the beach in Tekek village, and our second, at the Panuba Inn Resort. We cater for experienced divers as well as those who have never dived before. We look forward to seeing you here soon!
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Really good diving school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

This dive school was recommended to us because they are really professional and also good with the environment. I really enjoyed it here. The staff is professional and took good care of us. Together with my boyfriend we did around 12 dives. They are always open for special requests. Really would come back to dive with them! Also the equipement is in good condition and checked by the staff after every dive.

Visited June 2013
TiomanDiveCentre, Manager at Tioman Dive Centre, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Hi Stephanie,

It was great having you guys here as well and glad you had a good time in Tioman diving with us!
thank you for your lovely review and kind words.

Until next time... :)

• Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love the dive equipments.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I think the most important thing about a dive centre is how they keep their equipments. I love Tioman Dive Centre as the equipments assign to us feels brand new & they fit us comfortably. They handled the equipments professionally & afterwards the equipments are well kept. The day that we dive, the weather was not on our side. We only managed to dive at Chebeh. Was booked for 2 dives but we had to cancel the 2nd dive because of the weather. Would love to be back again to Tioman to do more dive with Tioman Dive Centre.

Visited May 2013
TiomanDiveCentre, Manager at Tioman Dive Centre, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Hi guys!

Thank you for your review of our dive centre. We're happy that you had a good time diving with us, even though the weather wasn't great on the day. Knowing that you have equipment that is comfortable and in good working order is very important when you are diving, so we do try and keep our equipment that way. I'm glad you felt this. Hopefully we will meet you again in the future and this time, we shall put in an order for some good weather for you :)

Until then... happy diving!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Thoroughly enjoyable :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife and I enjoyed every minute of our PADI AOW course at TDC. Our sincere thanks to instructor Jennie for her guidance and patience and it was really fun having "Iron athlete" Aina in our group as well. Keep up the good work and till we meet again...take care and god bless :)

Visited May 2013
TiomanDiveCentre, Manager at Tioman Dive Centre, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for making the time to write such a lovely review of TDC and in particular Jennie.
great that you enjoyed the experience and we wish you some great dives as advanced divers.
I will also mention to Ania the Iron Athlete comment! She will love the nickname :)

Until next time...
Connecticut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“not up to standard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We dived with TDC earlier this year and I felt compelled to finnaly write a review. Overall the issue was that they had booked too many divers and did not have the facilities to look after us. We were doing our advanced certification and on our first dive we were pretty much unsupervised. I have ear problems and the dive instructor did not check on me to see if I was doing ok, not once! I have dived with over 15 centres - we dive nearly every second week and I always let my DM know about my ears and have never encountered a DM that does not check on me a number of times... this point encapsulated our entire experience.

I am certain that they will come back and vehemently defend themselves, even when I complained during our trip, I was told that since I am a certified diver, its not something the DM is required to do. Whether or not that is the case is not my point, I am just making comparison to other Dive Centres who have take care to ensure that everyone in the group is comfortable to descend regardless of whether they were responsible or not.

Also we did not get proper instructions on our navigation course. We got yelled at and pretty much rushed through the whole thing.

End of the story, something was terribly wrong that weekend, whether due to overbooking or otherwise and they should have owned up to this - instead of made excuses and worse blamed us!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank FriendofMarcoPolo
portland, oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Warm water, great staff, easygoing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

These guys are laid back, fun, never crowded on boats. Interesting sea life--the Nemo fish everywhere, Nudi's superb, soft shell clams everywhere and mesmerizing. Staff sometimes points things out. Water very warm-- we had shorty wetsuits but could have done with just a rash guard. Intervals usually at the Swiss Cottage, but occasionally not, so bring your snorkel on the boat if interval out there as snorkeling is really good. Snorkeling also excellent right in front of Swiss Cottage-- if staying there, at least do one night snorkel, too. Watch out for sand fleas.

1 Thank Jly_7
Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to review and tell your experience with us at Tioman Dive Centre.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the diving and felt that the staff were doing a good job (although I hope they were pointing out more than just 'some' things :P). The water has been pretty warm recently and a few people have been asking about rashguards. Perhaps it is something we will look into in the near future. Great idea! TDC rashguards :)

Thanks again and happy diving!