“Best diving experience of my life!!”
Review of Tioman Dive Centre

Tioman Dive Centre
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Pulau Tioman
More attraction details
Owner description: A dive centre with the personal touch. We will do our upmost to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable day's diving at TDC. we are based in 2 locations; our main dive base is on the beach in Tekek village, and our second, at the Panuba Inn Resort. We cater for experienced divers as well as those who have never dived before. We look forward to seeing you here soon!
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I did my Padi OWC with TDC. It was absolutely fantastic! The house reef is excellent and the fact you do the 'confined' water dives in the sea is diffenrent class as you get to see tonnes of sealife!

I'd been pinging emails back and forth with Rosie but unfortunately she was away when I arrived. I had Amanda 'Mandy' Newton as my instructor. She was amazing! I can not speak highly enough of her. There were only 3 of us in the group which was perfect and she was an excellent teacher taking time to make us all feel at easy but have a good laugh whilst doing it. The banter was right up my street! There was a young lad in the group (12 years old) and Mandy was brilliant with him. I was apprehensive about a young boy doing it but Mandy was so good with him that I needn't have worried.

Having tried introductory dives in Jamaica, Bali and Vietnam it was well and truly time I did my OWC. I chose Tioman as we recently moved to Singapore and I chose TDC in Tekek as it was within walking distance from my hotel (Berjaya Tioman). They even offered me a taxi back home free of charge every day but I declined as the views were breathtaking. We went to Rengiss Island and saw several sharks, turtles, an aggressive triggerfish, bat fish, sweet lips and tonnes of wrasse.

The staff were all very friendly and keen to know how each of our dives went. Sitting round chatting about our experiences was good fun on its own!

A special word must be said about Rosie. She didn't just email me about diving. She gave me advice on Tioman island and how to get there even giving the details of a cab driver who picked us up from home and took us to the ferry terminal. She still emails me to this day. I have asked her many questions about dive sites in SE Asia, diving gear and other courses. She always answers quickly with great advice!

Overall TDC was much better than I expected and the OWC was cheap with them (much cheaper than at Berjaya Tioman!). The sealife we saw was amazing and the experience was fantastic! I'd highly recommend them and will certainly go back and dive with them again. I'll never forget the experience I had with them. I can't wait to go diving again...next stop the Perhentians!!

TiomanDiveCentre, Manager at Tioman Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hi there,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Tioman with TDC.

I have passed your kind words onto Mandy and she said that it was a pleasure teaching you and your group. Kids often surprise us sometimes :) They often make wonderful divers and it is wonderful seeing them progress through the course. We generally try to keep younger children in smaller groups, and most of the time on their own, however it is great that you enjoyed the whole experience and hopefully we will meet you at some point in the near future for some more dives... NO SKILLS next time :)

We like to give every customer special personal attention and I'm glad you felt that through the emails and also whilst you were on the island.

Here's to some great dives for you in the future :)

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I dived with James at the newly opened branch at Panuba Inn. He was a real pro - safe, knowledgeable, and a really good bloke. The diving was the best I've experienced since the Red Sea nearly 20 years ago. Highly recommended.

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind words, especially about our DiveMaster James. Great to hear that the service you received was safe and professional, but also fun at the same time. That is what it's all about!

I have passed your message on to James who was chuffed to hear such nice things said about him.

Thank you again and perhaps we will meet you again out in Tioman!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We came to Tioman island for 3 days and we wanted to enjoy some dives while being there. We called TDC the day before our arrival and they managed to include us (2 persons) in their planning which was really nice.
Each member of the team was kind and helpful and everything went well during the different dives. If I had to find something to say about this dive shop is maybe only about the organisation : the dive shop is closed during the dive (everybody is out) and sometimes the place can seem a bit narrow (especially the passage on the side).
The good mood of the team and the good service can make you easily forget these little things, so definitely a place to visit if you want to dive on Tioman.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of our dive centre. We always try to accommodate customers' requests and so we're glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I agree, it would be lovely to be able to extend the dive centre a little ;) ( perhaps in the future we will be allowed to by our landlady :) ) and only rarely do we close the dive centre due to to diver numbers and so staff needed out on the water at the same time :) It is certainly something for us to work on, in the future, maintaining one member of staff in the Dive Centre at all times.

Thank you for your kind words and also constructive criticism. We hope to improve slowly and steadily with feedback from our customers.

Kind regards and happy bubbles to you.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you are looking to dive on Tioman then book through TDC - a professional outfit with really friendly and experienced staff. Run by Rosie (Jen) who was really friendly and organised and responded quickly to all my emails. I hadn't been diving for 14 years (bad experience) so was really nervous but I was quickly reassured by Rosie and her staff. I dove at Renggis island - 5 mins on the boat was a bonus and it was amazing. Loads of turtles, some black tips and beautiful coral - wow! The staff looked after me so well during the dive and I definitely won't wait another 14 yrs. Quality equipment too. Thanks so much, TDC. Kate C

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind review of Tioman Dive Centre. We're glad that you enjoyed your holiday in Tioman and that our staff (old and new) looked after you well after a dive break of 14yrs! :)

Hopefully we will see you again in the future :)

Kind Regards and Happy Bubbles, from Rosie (Jen)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Recently done an upgrade from adventure diver to advanced open water diver. The best dive resort I have been so far, well maintained equipments, very reasonable price and amazing dive sites! My instructor, Sam is absolutely wonderful, very patient and experienced, makes me feel confident attempting new dives and she makes all dive experience very enjoyable. Night diving has always been a 'I'll do it one day when I am better' thingy for me, but I took up the opportunity for night diving here and had an exhilarating experience for my first attempt of night diving and get to see bioluminescent algae! other instructors are very friendly as well, Rosie, Claire, James and Mandy are very good instructors and passionate, every course and dives are conducted and organised well. The boats men are polite and helpful too!

An absolute five star dive centre! Keep up the good work and I am glad I made the right choice for my advanced open water diver course and will definitely come back and recommend it to others!

1  Thank lihpingyap

Hello there,

Many thanks for your lovely review and your kind words about the dive centre as a whole, and especially about Sam, one of our wonderful instructors. I have passed your message on to her and she was chuffed to be spoken of so highly :)

Hopefully you will use your new Advanced Certification to its' fullest and bring us back stories of your adventures!

Very kind of you to recommend us to your friends as well. Word of mouth is the best form of flattery for us and is a brilliant way of spreading the word of safe and fun diving.

Hopefully we will see you again, with your friends?!?!