“Very good diving center - THE choice in Tekek” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tioman Dive Centre

Tioman Dive Centre
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Pulau Tioman
More attraction details
Owner description: A dive centre with the personal touch. We will do our upmost to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable day's diving at TDC. we are based in 2 locations; our main dive base is on the beach in Tekek village, and our second, at the Panuba Inn Resort. We cater for experienced divers as well as those who have never dived before. We look forward to seeing you here soon!
Vestigne, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good diving center - THE choice in Tekek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very good and comfortable diving experience in Tioman with Tioman Diving Centre.
Friendly staff, very helpful for any problem.
Very comfortable and safe dives, always cordial atmosphere on the boat. Interesting dives with very big corals, murens, barracudas, triggerfishes, sometime turtles... No deep dives and no strong currents, quite easy dives (you don't need to go deep to see the best things in Tioman).
Reccomended

Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
south england
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“110% satisfaction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I can't speak highly enough of this excellent women-run outfit! Listing the positive points as follows:
Quick and complete replies to mails; flexibility re dates; reassurance both written and verbal to worries about diving after a couple of years' off; excellent and close team very supportive and extremely motivated; friendly and empathetic; professional and efficient; knowledgeable including giving advice on diet; open to my request for new dive sites as I stayed 10 days and had some repeats. As a woman I loved the fact that most of the staff are women - not something you find often in the diving world. I was impressed that they practise what they preach and avoid eating fish because the fish are, of course, all off the reef. The diving is very good because of the water clarity and pristine condition of the reefs and the house reef is also pretty good. The corals are spectacular as is the landscape. There aren't so many big fish but plenty of little'uns and fantastic nudibranchs. Tekek alsohas a lovely beach so this is an added enjoyment. The boat trips are very short; there are almost no currents and the sea is normally calm. Having dived in Komodo and Bunaken, Sulawesi I found this a great advantage! Looking at the point made by the reviewer 'bruinaround' regarding being paired with divers of equal skills: in all my 19 dives the dive masters/instructors tried to do this and on one day I was able to stay with a fun-diving (and friend of TDC) dive master whilst the official dive master took up the out-of-air other diver. In a couple of cases, with another diver with similar air control, we were allowed to stay longer than the usual 50 minutes, on request. After all these positive points it's really hard to find constructive criticism and only a small point: I do think that fruit should be provided between dives (biscuits/ water are supplied if you stay on the boat for the 2 morning dives but only tea/coffee are available if you come back to TDC between dives). To finish this review I can tell you TDC is the only dive centre in 11 years of diving where I would like to return! Well done to you all at TDC and thanks for a fantastic 10 days.

1 Thank intercom
TiomanDiveCentre, Manager at Tioman Dive Centre, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hi there,

What an absolutely wonderful review, and thank you so much for taking the time to write in so much detail about your experience here in Tioman. We really appreciate the time that people spend to write about us and it really does mean a lot :) We loved having you here in Tioman and perhaps you will visit again in the future.

Noted on the fruits and refreshments side of things :)

We do try to meet the needs and requirements of our divers, so glad you found this. Unfortunately it is not always possible, however we can try as much as we can :)

Thank you again for your review, and we'll see you again!

Kind Regards,

TDC
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun, safe dive center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Did 2 dives with them while staying at Swiss Cottage Tioman. Everyone we encountered at the center was very friendly and helpful towards helping my friends and I enjoy Tioman's reefs. Great equipment, very knowledgeable and fun dive masters.

Leaving off a star because the center continuously paired us with a slower couple that kept us from maximizing our dive time. I finished both dives with 100barr, and on the second dive we weren't able to do the swim-throughs because the couple ran out of air and had problems with buoyancy. This isn't a knock on the couple at all (vacation means going at your own pace!), but rather a recommendation for the dive center to try to pair divers of equal skill together. I realize that diving involves working with the group, but considering we paid more for these dives here than with other centers in Malaysia, it would have been nice to at least have had the opportunity to sit and wait while the couple was brought back to the boat, then continued with the dive master afterwards (as with my experience with another center).

Hi there,

Thank you for your review and noted on your point of being paired with a less experienced couple. I'm sorry about this, we certainly do try to pair people accordingly, but sometimes it does not work out... our apologies again..

I'm glad you enjoyed your time despite this, and thank you for this review. We can try to work on all of the more negative points and so become better for the future!

Kind Regards,

The Team at TDC
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Located in Swiss Cottage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

When staying at Swiss Cottage the dive centre is there. Great experienced instructor (Mandy), good quality gear, and felt very looked after and safe.

Visited May 2014
TiomanDiveCentre, Manager at Tioman Dive Centre, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hi Garry,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a few words about your experience with us at Tioman Dive Centre. We're glad you enjoyed your time here with us :)

Take care and happy bubbles!
Singapore, Singapore
“Best diving experience of my life!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I did my Padi OWC with TDC. It was absolutely fantastic! The house reef is excellent and the fact you do the 'confined' water dives in the sea is diffenrent class as you get to see tonnes of sealife!

I'd been pinging emails back and forth with Rosie but unfortunately she was away when I arrived. I had Amanda 'Mandy' Newton as my instructor. She was amazing! I can not speak highly enough of her. There were only 3 of us in the group which was perfect and she was an excellent teacher taking time to make us all feel at easy but have a good laugh whilst doing it. The banter was right up my street! There was a young lad in the group (12 years old) and Mandy was brilliant with him. I was apprehensive about a young boy doing it but Mandy was so good with him that I needn't have worried.

Having tried introductory dives in Jamaica, Bali and Vietnam it was well and truly time I did my OWC. I chose Tioman as we recently moved to Singapore and I chose TDC in Tekek as it was within walking distance from my hotel (Berjaya Tioman). They even offered me a taxi back home free of charge every day but I declined as the views were breathtaking. We went to Rengiss Island and saw several sharks, turtles, an aggressive triggerfish, bat fish, sweet lips and tonnes of wrasse.

The staff were all very friendly and keen to know how each of our dives went. Sitting round chatting about our experiences was good fun on its own!

A special word must be said about Rosie. She didn't just email me about diving. She gave me advice on Tioman island and how to get there even giving the details of a cab driver who picked us up from home and took us to the ferry terminal. She still emails me to this day. I have asked her many questions about dive sites in SE Asia, diving gear and other courses. She always answers quickly with great advice!

Overall TDC was much better than I expected and the OWC was cheap with them (much cheaper than at Berjaya Tioman!). The sealife we saw was amazing and the experience was fantastic! I'd highly recommend them and will certainly go back and dive with them again. I'll never forget the experience I had with them. I can't wait to go diving again...next stop the Perhentians!!

Visited April 2014
Hi there,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Tioman with TDC.

I have passed your kind words onto Mandy and she said that it was a pleasure teaching you and your group. Kids often surprise us sometimes :) They often make wonderful divers and it is wonderful seeing them progress through the course. We generally try to keep younger children in smaller groups, and most of the time on their own, however it is great that you enjoyed the whole experience and hopefully we will meet you at some point in the near future for some more dives... NO SKILLS next time :)

We like to give every customer special personal attention and I'm glad you felt that through the emails and also whilst you were on the island.

Here's to some great dives for you in the future :)