“Great experience, professional approach!”
Review of Tioman Dive Centre

Tioman Dive Centre
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Pulau Tioman
More attraction details
Owner description: A dive centre with the personal touch. We will do our upmost to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable day's diving at TDC. we are based in 2 locations; our main dive base is on the beach in Tekek village, and our second, at the Panuba Inn Resort. We cater for experienced divers as well as those who have never dived before. We look forward to seeing you here soon!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I did here Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water and a few leisure dives as well. I am really happy that I did those courses at this center – I have learned A LOT, I do feel comfortable underwater now, have seen great things underwater and spend a really good time.
As for the pure learning experience – I cannot recommend it more. I was lucky to have almost entirely individual training, and I know that groups are really small here – usually up to 2-3 people. I did appreciate the attitude towards teaching – attention to important details, no shortcuts and focus on making me a good diver, not only a certified one. In the end, it affects safety underwater after the course, so it is rather important :). I also would like to thank once more my instructor – Josh, who is really a great person, diver and a teacher.
Tioman has variety of diving sites – there is a nice House Reef, just in front of the Diving Centre, there are a few small islands, accessible by boat and there are nice sites close to the Tioman itself (North Point being my favorite). There is rich life underwater, the list of corals, fish and other species that I have seen is so long that it is hard to type it here.. But – yes, it includes turtles and sharks:). Waters around Tekek are within the protected area, so this is why there is still so much life. It is obviously important to respect and preserve it, and I just want to add that TDC gets one more like from me for promoting responsible diving practices and participating in reef conservations programs.

TiomanDiveCentre, Manager at Tioman Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hi Ziggy!

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review of TDC. We're so glad that you had a good time and gained a lot of experience and dives with us. I shall certainly let Josh know your thanks.
We do try to create an awareness in all of our divers, about the reefs and conservation. If our students are taking this away with them, as well as learning to become a great diver, then we have certainly done our jobs well, so thank you.

Hopefully we'll see you again and happy bubbles for the future

The Team at TDC

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I only have good things to say about this dive shop. We finished our advanced open water here, and did about 5 other leisure dives each.

Boats cannot take more than12 people, including dive masters. Usually there is a 2 or 3-to-1 Student to Dive master/instructor ratio, which is the best one can ask for. On dives with less experienced people on the boat, one DM would surface with the person who was out of air while the rest could continue the dive.

Equipment is top notch. Prices are reasonable. They switch your tanks and put away your gear for you! It doesn't get much better than this.

We also dove with another shop at ABC beach, which has heaps of dive shops. This one is on Tekek. this shop is best if you're staying at Swiss cottage.

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for writing a lovely review about TDC.
We're glad that you enjoyed your time here and liked the way that TDC runs :) We will try to keep it that way and continue to improve into the future. Hopefully you will come back to visit :)

Happy bubbles and safe travels,

TDC

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was actually my second diving trip to Tioman but this time, we try out a different dive shop and dive sites, Tiger Reef & Labas.

We went for the boat dives with another group of divers and they provided one divemaster for each group of us (three pax per group only) which is very considerate as we are worried coz we didn't dive for quite some time.

Their equipments are well-maintained as my previous experience is half bitten-off mouthpiece, etc which is just plain uncomfortable.

We took the challenge to visit the Tiger Reef. The skipper is quite experience handling the small boat even with the windy, rough sea as only I was sick among the whole group. The divemasters are very friendly and give clear, precise briefing (although i was really not able to concentrate much :( ...) while being helpful.

Luckily things changed dramatically for me once we hit the water and Claire, our divemaster did her best to point outs the many marine lives, fishes, reefs while making sure we are alright, doing periodic checks on our air and ensure we are all safely boarded in the boats in the strong currents. (I think she asked me more than thrice if i'm okay when i first got underwater...:)

They did provide biscuits and plain water in between dives while waiting in the boat. Overall I'm really glad for this adventure as the views underwater are just magical and it's AMAZING to be able to swim along with schools of fishes and see them eye-to-eye !

(Claire gave some good recommendation to take light breakfast (bread, etc) and non-drowsy seasickness pills next time)

Hi there,

Thank you for writing a great review of TDC and your experience in general :) It's such a shame that you were seasick on the surface, but at least you enjoyed your dives and felt looked after. We'll focus on the underwater part of your holiday rather than in between dives :)

Hopefully you will visit again with your family and we can get you out diving all together!

Take care and happy bubbles!

The Team at TDC

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returned from a weekend of diving in Tioman...

Having arranged a last minute trip to staying at Berjaya Resort the dive trips were fully booked and the staff recommended i give Tioman Dive Centre a call. Was greeted by very friendly staff who suggest i visit their dive centre located at Swiss Cottages.

My only brief to them was that i wanted to do as much diving as possible over the weekend. I buddied with the TDC instructor James who is one of the best instructors i have come across over many years of diving. The team really went out of their way to arrange a really interesting selection of dives.

End of day 1 - after a full day of diving, in a freak accident, the instructor stood on a rusty nail whilst getting out of the boat. He had to rush to the clinic for a tetanus shot but next morning was back to work with foot fully bandaged and not phased at all.

Day 2 - had two fantastic dives in the morning. The afternoon there were no other diver's so i expected that i would just have to call it a day because its not economical to hire a boat for just one diver. Without any prompting the instructor said "Hey... there is great Marine Park which can be reached by motorbike and I would be happy to take you on company sidecar for a dive". Then it was off for a last dive topping off a great weekend (6 incredibly diverse dives).

I must say it's rare to find a dive centre that goes out of its way to arrange a great program. Normally it's set locations and take it or leave it approach. Arranging a personalized dive experience and diving solo with an instructor is truly outstanding service.

Would definitely recommend TDC for divers of any experience level. Be sure to ask for James but i am also pretty confident the rest of the team would be excellent. Thanks for a great weekend.

Hi Albert!

What a genuinely lovely review. Thank you so much for writing here, and we're so glad that you had a great time in Tioman. We certainly do try to make everyone as happy as possible, and fit schedules around individuals requests/needs, so great that we were able to do this for you :)

I'll pass your message on to James, who I'm sure will be happy with your review!

Happy Bubbles and safe travels

TDC

Reviewed 14 July 2014

very professional
equipment in good conditions
highly motivated team
always friendly
can be recommended for beginners and advanced

located in the garden of the Swiss Cottages with a beautiful house-reef

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review here.

Short and sweet, thank you :)

We're glad you enjoyed your time and thought that TDC was a good place to dive... Maybe you'll be back in the future!

Happy bubbles and Safe travels!! TDC