There are two ways to get to Tioman Island. Use the ferry from Mersing on the mainland or take the flight with Berjaya Air from Subang Airport in KL. We did the latter. A word of warning, the luggage allowance is a stingy 10kg per person and they WILL charge for excess. We had two cases and two golf bags and paid RM300 extra. Seems a lot but as the club hire on Tioman is RM100 per set we think we did OK. Arrival is a simple affair but can be slightly long winded as everyone arrives at the same time. They do fully man the decks though so it moves along at a fair pace. We booked a garden view chalet but were allocated one right on the beachfront. How bad is that? The chalets are very spacious and comfortable, aircon worked fine, bathroom was great and the bed was excellent. The breakfast buffet was first class. The evening event was also fine but if you are a vegetarian the choice is somewhat limited. There is stacks of stuff to do here. Scuba, snorkelling, glass bottom boat, jungle trekking, tennis and golf to name a few. The golf course, while not of world class standard is easily the most beautiful we have played on five continents. At about £25 including a buggy it is ridiculously good value for money. And you WILL need a buggy, especially for the second nine. The pool area is great and it has a swim up bar if you so require :-) There is free internet access at the resort but it is only available in the reception and poolside areas. The staff here are amongst the friendliest and most helpful that we have encountered, the only one missing was dear old Uncle John who sadly passed away a couple of years ago. Would we recommend Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort? You betcha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel