Berjaya is probably the biggest resort on Tioman, about 10 minutes ride from the small airport away. The shuttle service was free and picked us up directly at the airport.
The room was clean and cosy. Our "Superior Chalet" was obviously not built within the last few years, but maintained quite well. It might be time to do some rennovations... for a 4 star hotel this was totally ok though. The "Deluxe Chalets" are much newer and a few square meters bigger. If you want to have a new room, you should book this categorie. Don't go for the "Junior Suites". They are located next to the lobby & bar, which is a few hundred meters away from the pool, restaurant and beach!
The food was absolutely ok. The hotel serves an international breakfast & dinner buffet, with a large choice of different food, even there were only a few guests in the hotel. I would have preferred some local dishes though... (most tourist probably disagree / prefer what they know). If you want to get to know the local cuisine, I can highly recommend the small restaurant right at the entrance of the hotel. The food there is very cheap and very tasty!
I have to give you a BIG WARNING about the rental shop right at the entrance of the hotel though!!! Those guys approach all tourists arriving or leaving the hotel, trying to sell scooters, boat & diving trips. We booked a boat tour there and had to leave a deposit. The next day the owner of the shop didn't shop up at the agreed time. As we found out this happenes frequently. We went to the police station twice until we finally got back our deposit! NEVER EVER go to this rental shop! If you want to rent something, do it in the hotel or ask the restaurant owner (old very nice lady).
Last but not least: The service in the hotel was really outstanding! The staff was very friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to make a guest happy. They even supported us, dealing with the rental guy & the police, despite the fact that this had actually nothing to do with the hotel.
I can definitly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel