“We had a great weekend there! Except for the sandflies bites '''-_-”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Tioman
Salang Sayang Resort
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Pulau Tioman
Malaysia
“We had a great weekend there! Except for the sandflies bites '''-_-”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

If u r looking for clean clearest water in Tioman, u gotta head to Salang as it is the northest part of Tioman.
In Salang..the only resort that has its own stretch of decent beach is Salang Sayang Resort!! I would definitely return to this resort for I can go to the beach, suntan, dip into the water,snorkel, back to my room, back to the beach again..its so convenient coz its really within minimal walking distance.
We manage to book a fan room last minute, so we were prepared for the worst as we seen some bad reviews about the room. But hey, it was decent!! I mean come on..What do u expect from a hut with fan that cost only rm100. The room was clean n neat. There is no smell at all. Even the towels and bedsheet were cleannn!!! But I repeat, dun expect the room to be beautiful. this is an old wooden hut, very basic, toilet is old, and as already written on their web- that it comes with only cold water.
Staff were fine. On the day of our arrival, few staff were friendly n conversing with us. So it makes us ponder why did anyone complaint they were rude? On the next morning, a few staff actually greeted us with smiling faces.. and when I saw Pisa making ketupat for Hari Raya celebration, I started a conversation with her.. n she chatted with me like a friendly mother.
I seriously dun find them a problem at all.

Ok, the down side of this resort is the sandflies issue. We brought the mozzie guard spray, but it didnt help much. Both of us gets dozens of bites on us..and its still itching! Not sure is there a way that they can resolve this problem.
And if u want to leave ur things on the beach before getting into the water,do not place it somewhat near to the rocks at the end of beach. The monkeys may steal. So be careful.
For food wise, sorry to say..it wasn't tasty.
They need improvement on that. I had sandwich, it was ok. I had beef curry, it was terrible! And it has less choices compared to the one in another resort. Heh.

In a nutshell, if we were to return to Salang... Salang Sayang will still be our choice!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank LoveBell

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We went there on the midst of may..

My friend tried to change the room. The lady staff was scolding her and mentioned that we as a local customer were no good for them..last minute change room and very "tiresome" for her to change for us. She became racist maybe because she like to serve foreigner instead of local.. ended up.. we did not change the room at all.. smh.. pls guys.. don't ever ever try to stay in this place..dear foreigner.. no offense... :(

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank Ain S

Travellers are raving about these Pulau Tioman hotels

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a solo traveler and I used to travel every month in different Asian locations. Unluckily this time I bumped into this horrible hotel, with the worst staff ever found. Rooms are bungalows style facing the sea, right, but when you get inside you loose the poetry: dirty smelly restroom with no hot water, and just a mattress on to the ground with stinky pillows as bed. And no cheap at all, cause it costs around 45 euro a night... The hotel owner is an uneducated local Malaysian which just care about money and not to customers at all. I asked for an umbrella on the beach, she let me pay the bill without giving me any advice about the beach literally infested by SANDFLIES. I got around 20 bites and I'm writing this review now cause I'm sleepless for the itchy, thx the madam in the reception . PLUS WHEN I CAME BACK AFTER 1 HOUR TO COMPLAIN SHE EVEN DIDN'T RETURN ME THE MONEY I PAID FOR THE UMBRELLA, which she immediately gave to someone else...
So my advice is to avoid the island and the place for sure, better choose other destinations Tioman is not worth at all. Sandflies are everywhere and are a terrible problem, that can definitely ruin your stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Gianguaro
Homburg, Germany
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Traveled with family (4 kids) on 11-13 June 2014 to this place. This is our first time to Salang and it is very beautiful place stay. Amazing beach. We stayed on the banana Hill deluxe family ac room, RM250/Night. at first we want to stay beside the beach with sea-view room but all room are fully booked. I didn't see any bed bugs here.

All staff in Salang Sayang Resort are friendly, nice also very helpful. WIFI cost is RM10/day unlimited. Late checkout also available for extra cost.

There are a lot of mini shops along the Salang Beach and it easy to find. You can also find snorkeling trip RM70/person , jacket n snorkeling set (RM15) for 3d2n! Her name is ( Sis Rai - preka) just after the bridge on the way to Salang Sayang Resort. She is very friendly & nice, very helpful and kind.

You can find nice seafood for dinner with reasonable price at Salang Indah Resort. The taste also good.

Going to Salang Beach is the most unforgettable moments of our life. We will definitely come back to this Salang Sayang resort and choose Family room sea-view with ac just beside the beach next time! Thank you so much Sis Pisa :)

Room Tip: Try book Family room with ac just beside the beach and room number is 1, 2.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank IUtheBest
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Good things:
Salang beach has the best beach! Clear blue water good enuf to just rent the life jacket n mask n do ur own snorkeling.
BUT BEWARE OF SANDFLIES! It's everywhere! On the sand n even in the sea near the shores!

Here comes the horrible part of the chalet: I went there 3days ago n stayed for 2nights. The room was old n the toilet is so dim lighted n it stink so bad whenever u flush or on the tap.
The lady owner named Pisa (if im not wrong) is horrible, she has a freaking bad attitude lyk as if we are begging her to stay on her stinking chalet!! She should be trained eventhough u are running ur sister's business! She shouldn't treat customers lyk how she does! (Hello! Wake up ur freaking idea! We are paying customers) & paying rm130 per night in ur filthy, stinking chalet on the banana hill is not worth it at all! Hence, the other guy named jimmy is slightly friendlier but he was too pushy for us to rent his boat, or volleyball or round island trip! Too much till we can't enjoy our holiday! No more, that im coming back to this Salang Sayang Resort. But I will come back for the beach n stay somewhere else!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank twinklestarzsue
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have been coming here for many years and I kept coming back. The idyllic quaint wooden chalets facing the stunning blue water is something I cannot find elsewhere. No doubt a little bit of work is needed to revamp some of the chalets but I feel that being in such a remote island the rustic look brings out the characters in such place. The cheaper chalets have basic fan with cold water but if you are like me, I would prefer the air-con with water heater.. prices are slightly higher but its still more competitive than other places in salang village and its with the beach. It has all the facilities you need such as canoing, snorkelling, a nice restaurant (try the cheese noodles! I'm addicted). Staff are nice, polite and helpful. This is a place to be if you are looking for simplicity and a total relaxation.

Room Tip: Banana Hills have great views but the climbing may put some people off. The garden is good for famil...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nur2012
SalangSayang, Owner at Salang Sayang Resort, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Nur2012,

Thank you for your reviews. We are pleased that you had enjoyed your stay and we thank you once again for your positive review and we would like to welcome you again to Salang Sayang Resort!

best regards,
The Management
Eastbourne
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was an adequate place to stay only because of the low price they were charging for off-season. The room was OK for a beach bungalow/cabin but would not be to everyone's liking. I was woken up in the middle of the night on two nights by one of the owners/workers who was shouting and ranting at the top of his voice while standing outside his cabin which was just behind mine. Not sure if he was drunk or just a bit crazy. This place, right on the beach, would probably be perfect if it were not off-season as they had shut down all their facilities such as restaurant and shop as well as most of their rooms. Almost everything else on Salang Beach was closed too apart from one local eatery and a restaurant with dreadful food at a resort at the other end of the beach. There were a couple of convenience shops and a Duty Free shop, all with erratic opening hours. The beach is not kept clean during the off-season

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Trav53
Dear Trav53,

Thank you for your reviews and we apologize for taking a while to respond and for the noise you experience during your stay with us. We agree with you that during off season (monsoon season) the village is quieter as most villagers and owners of the resorts/restaurants/shops are back in the mainland due to the unstable weather conditions and the high waves. We hope to welcome you again to Salang Sayang!

best regards,