We had an amazing week at Bagus place with our children and another family. After the busy, noisy ferry journey from Genting in Malaysia, we arrived in what looked like paradise. We were much earlier than planned, so had 15 mins to wait at the end of the jetty for the speedboat from Bagus (we called to let them know we were several hours early and they came to collect us, no bother) - watching the amazing fish and drinking in the tranquility of the island.
Bagus itself is gorgeous. As they say on the website, this is not the place for white linen and stiffly dressed waiters. It is the place for endless relaxation: no shoes no TV no WiFi. Perfect. The children (age 7) had a fantastic time exploring the jungle, playing on the white sand beach, swimming in the warm shallow sea, playing on the giant swing or watching the monkeys. No iPads for a week!! We went snorkelling with them every day (brought our own kids equipment as there was none there, but plenty of adult items to borrow, plus life vests for the children). We did the trip to Ringgis Island which was breathtaking in its marine life - visibility amazing, I really had seen nothing like it.
The food was delicious, mostly Malaysian but always adapted for children to be less spicy. We had roti canai or pancakes for breakfast every day, along with great coffee. Lunch was salad or noodles or rice or pizza (you could choose) and the evenings were a buffet or BBQ, generally with 3 or 4 choices plus rice.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming, but not in your face and chatting when you just wanted to be quiet. There were lots of little quiet spots around the resort to be peaceful if you wanted it! Or a bar area on the jetty where you could chat to the staff about the island, or about the fish we had seen that day (they were very knowledgeable about the marine life).
Rooms were basic but well furnished (although there was a lack of hanging room/drawer space, but that didn't really matter), the beds were very comfy and the fans and mosquito nets were fine - we didn't miss the aircon. There was a little fridge with soft drinks in the room, and a warm shower in the bathroom.
It was a great place to go as a family, a proper adventure for the children and amazingly relaxing for the adults.
The only downside is I have no idea where we will go next on holiday. This was about as close to perfect as it was possible to get!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island Bagus Place Retreat is nestled quietly on one of the most beautiful islands in the world called Tioman.A peaceful sanctuary of breathtaking natural beauty we invite you to rejuvenate body and mind and be enchanted by the sights and sounds of nature. Our guests will find luscious and unspoiled paradise. Clear waters and lush jungles provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as jungle trekking, snorkeling, kayaking and diving, and beach ball games. Outdoor activities not your thing? Pick up a book from our library try out our sun-loungers on the long secluded beach. Our activities are child friendly so your little ones will be occupied at all times. Our long wooden jetty provides for exciting walks and a fascinating look at coral fish and turtles. Snorkellers will be rewarded with views of the living tropics reefs of Tioman Island. Bagus Place aim to work in harmony with the environment and local community, offering a unique holiday experience to our guests. The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bagus Place Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagus Place Retreat Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Bagus Place Retreat Pulau Tioman