“Basic but beautiful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Tioman
Bamboo Hill Chalets
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Pulau Tioman
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Basic but beautiful”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This is my favourite in Tioman. RM70-100 per night is reasonable for the perfect view and a feel of being at the water and in the jungle at the same time. Bamboo Hill is not for everyone. It is basic, has only cold water, big gaps in the floors invites jungle-crawlies. It is very hot, and service is minimal but friendly. It is not suitable for families or party-animals, but it is perfect for those who just want a simple place to relax, read a book and enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rovinj, Croatia
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Bambohill is a great place for vacationing and enjoying nature. nice beach for swimming during high and low tides. great view from rooms, friendly, relaxed service. beach side restaurant with good, cheap food. mosquito nets ok, but beware of bed bugs! (30+ really itchy bites).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rovinj80s
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We arrived in Air Batang beach and started looking for a reasonably two bedroom hostel. After asking and comparing, we ended in the Bamboo Hills in one end of the beach area. The chalets 1 to 6 are pretty fancy and slightly out of our budget, but they had two more jewels, chalets 7 and 8, just behind the others. These are older chalet style rooms, with double bed, fan and their own bathroom/shower. The shower had cold water (well cold is just a saying) but with the hot outside temperature, it was just perfect after coming from hiking or the beach. The chalets have a from terrace and simple wooden windows with bamboo curtains. The bed was clean (no sleeping bag required) and had a mosquito net above. I recommend using the provided mosquito net or bring your own as mosquitos are just waiting to dinner you at night. Overall, it was a good experience and good price - comfort relationship.

Room Tip: Ask for the chalets 6 and 7 and negotiate a price...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guillerm0_G0nzalez
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Nice hotel. we can stay only. it's B & B hotel. very cheap & nice one . per night 70 MYR

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jayasri V
KL
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The good things about bamboo hill are it is quiet, close to monkey bay & its classy view. I had a nice, relaxing stay during daytime but it was humid after 2 p.m. I saw monkeys came at 5 pm, so I left the room for snorkling at marine park. The worst part in my stay happened when I came back to my room after 7 pm. The walking path to my room was so dark & I was expected to lighten the place by switch on my room's outside lamp before I go anywhere, to make it worse no light from neighbour room; so that area was totally dark. It was so creepy for a solo traveler like me to walk in a dark next to the jungle thinking that all wild life (especially snakes) come out during dark time. I left my room again around 8 pm and I almost fell the stairs when I got freaked out thinking that crawling plants that surrounding the walking path might be snakes or other poisonous animals. After dinner, I made friends with nice local ppl at johan's resort in order to have someone to accompany me back to my room and they also shocked to see how creepy the walking path looked like at night.
Things will turn out just fine if I went to bamboo with my partner or a friend. However, for next visit to ABC, I plan to stay at Nazri's 1 & johan's resorts considering on the facilities they have, warm and sincere owners and distance to jetty/marine park.

Room Tip: for family with kids, room #1 & 2 are perfect.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 September 2010

having heard so much about this chalet,decide togive it a try.
MY 3NITES EXPERIENCE AT BAMBOO HILL:
-used 2hrs to clean my room thoroughly again when c/in. dusty fllor & bathroom was filthy & smelly

-Next day,left roomkey inside room but no one at reception at 10.30am. a nice & helpful indonesian sweeper kind enough to knock on their residence for 10min & wake them up to go to the reception (not sure whwther due to ramadan)

-my wallet left at Paluba Inn's cafe when having a afternoon swim &lunch there(20min jungle treeking from bamboo hill). asked helpfrom reception,Adamofferedto send me back there by fastboat but charged for rm20(NOT SURE THE MONEY EVENTUALLY GIVEN TO BOAT MAN,AS HE WAS NICE & HELPFUL)

-asmy ferry leaving 7.30am on 4th day, requested to send me by motor with my 5kg luggage bag as for me it took 15-20MIN WALK to jetty. Confirmed with Adam he said OK, but when reconfirmed w him after making room charge payment on 3rd day, he said i need to pay RM10 but i insisited this should be part of serviceofferedby the chalet. He agreed unwillingly &........as expected nobody show up on day departure at ABC restaurant, after waited for 10min,I decided to rush & walked to the jetty..............

OVERALL EXPERIENCED: ENJOYED THE HALO BEACH BAR, BEST SPOT TO ADMIRE SUNSET & MEMORY IS AREA BEATEN BY BEDBUGS STILL RED & ITCH AFTER 4 DAYS …

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank annetam
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 September 2010

The rooms are in small wooden huts located on the hillside at one end of Air Batang. We stayed in two different rooms as we hadn't pre-booked.

One room had direct access to the beach which was great. The other room was slightly further up the hillside - no beach access but a better view. Both rooms had ceiling fans which is definitely all you need to stay cool.

The chalets are a few minutes from a good restaurant and small beach bar and about a five minute walk from the ferry.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple