It's a very good option for diving in Sipadan. The house reef , Mabul and Siamil are also nice for the ones who enjoy the little critters. The rooms are nice, but since it's a big resort, you might end up in one that is far from the dive center... which is not a big problem.
Unfortunately, there are lots of restrictions to go to Sipadan, so if your wish is to dive there everyday, just forget it! But you can try to get in the list in case someone cancel.
They go to the early (really early) first dive there, which for me was always the best, with the bumpheads parrots.
Stil in Sipadan, the guides usually take the divers deeper (20 - 25 m), where most of the cool stuff are right on the shallow (5 -10 m). So, specially if you are a photographer, try to stay shallow.
We had our our gear, so I can not comment about their rental dive gear.
Most of the guests seems to be novice divers. We are experienced divers and fortunately they were flexible enough to leave us alone.
There's one big issue in the resort: the food!
It might be personal taste (and I like different food), but it was far from being average!
And as a last comment, I don't think it's a place for non-divers. There's nothing else to do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few minutes by boat from the islands of Sipadan and Mabul but a full world away from it lays the exhilarating Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, sitting on its sturdy stilts on the shallow sandbanks of Ligitan Reefs. Planned and built in full style as an airy, comfortable, sunny water village with no land in sight, it boasts a mile-long sandbank of powdery white sand where one can suntan at complete leisure while gazing out to the miles of brilliant turquoise stretching into the horizon offering the purest image of natural serenity. Dive spots Sipadan and Mabul can be reached in just a few minutes by speedboat. Sipadan-Kapalai is an ideal destination for diver and non-diver alike seeking a great holiday experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Hotel Pulau Sipadan
- Sipadan Kapalai Island Hotel
- Hotel Sipadan Kapalai Island