A lucky Find right on the waterfront with lots of eateries.
After leaving another hotel due to mold odor we checked out several hotels in the area and found this one to be the best value with a fabulous view of ocean with wall to ceiling window and excellent service. The ownership must be very new as they were doing remolding while we were there. It never disturbed us so noise was not a factor. We stayed in the original room which seemed fine. The rooms are very small so there is not much room to put your things (I hope they plan for that during their remolding). Windows open which is nice to have that breeze. Beds were a little hard (we had softer) so maybe they will be changing the mattress to make beds more comfortable. A/C worked fine but internet was off and on in the room. There was a safe, hair dryer and a small closet. The room was clean with nice bedding. The bathroom was small with a powerful shower and plenty of hot water. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The free buffet breakfast was not so great with cold food and not a good selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically situated at the Sandakan Harbour Square, a prominent leisure and commercial hub in Sabah, S’kan Styles Hotel is a trendy, colorful-designed hotel standard facilities to accommodate both international and domestic travelers. This part of the beautiful Borneo Island has so much to offer to all travelers with its tropical paradise and renowned ecotourism adventures. S’kan Styles Hotel has 133 well-appointed rooms and suites with vibrant colors and design, overlooking either the waterfront or bustling Sandakan town. Each room offers the ultimate sleep with bedding, minibar, LCD flat screen TV, tea-coffee maker and free Wi-Fi internet access throughout the hotel. Private bathrooms are fitted with a rain shower. Near the hotel, guests will find an eclectic mix of unique shops and chic sidewalk cafes. To mingle with the locals, head to the central market where local produce and fresh-from-the-sea seafood can be found. The hotel is located only a 30-minute drive from the Sandakan Airport. Guests can also explore wide range of famous ecotourism destinations nearby, such as Sepilok Orang Utan conservation, Kinabatangan river cruise, Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, and many more. TREATS Restaurant & rooftop, overlooking a beautiful ocean view where perfect spots for both business and leisure travelers to relax and experience the various food and beverage options available throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your S'kan Styles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Inn Waterfront Sandakan Hotel Sandakan
- Swiss Hotel Waterfront Sandakan
- S'Kan Styles Hotel Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia