Booked tour here through hostel in sandakan. Was expecting Nature Lodge to be a lot more basic than it was!! Ok it's in the jungle in borneo so not a 5 star resort in terms of facilities - but a perfect jungle experience.
Stayed in the dorm but we had it to ourselves. Beds comfortable and no need for air con as nights were not hot.
Shared shower facilities very good and clean. Most were just cold water - but that was fine after a sweaty day in the jungle!
Food was excellent and far better than expected. Nice selection every meal.
Best part about nature lodge was our guide max who was so passionate and do knowledgable about the jungle and all the species within.
We saw so many animals and birds, and even floated in the boat downstream next to a huge swimming crocodile!
We were incredibly fortunate to see a Clouded Leopard - ultra rare and elusive, even all the guides were super excited and couldn't believe it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic chalets and dormitory rooms set in Kampung Bilit Kinabatangan, be ready to watch abundance of wildlife from the comfort of boat rides. Transfers to and fro Nature Lodge Kinabatangan and meals are included in the tour prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nature Lodge Kinabatangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Hotel Sandakan
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia