A few days ago, my wife and I retuned from a 3D/2N safari and we had an amazing time! Our guide, Aljun, was very knowledgable and knew just where to take us. We were very lucky. We saw pygmy elephants and orangutans both days, as well as proboscis monkeys, langurs, macaques, crocodiles, multiple hornbill species and a ton of cool other critters. We even found a 3M+ python near the camp and I got to help the guides catch and relocate it. Loved it!
The place is great value for the price. The food is plentiful and tasty. I felt like there were lots of activities to keep you busy, but enough down time to relax. Never bored, always enthralled by the jungle and wildlife. The management was outstanding and the place ran like a well oiled machine. They obviously know what they are doing and do it extremely well.
We had the basic Civet fan cabin and it was great. The relatively cooler nights needed no AC.
All around great experience. The highlight of our time in Borneo. Choose them and you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic chalets and dormitory rooms set in Kampung Bilit Kinabatangan, be ready to watch abundance of wildlife from the comfort of boat rides. Transfers to and fro Nature Lodge Kinabatangan and meals are included in the tour prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nature Lodge Kinabatangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Hotel Sandakan
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia