Stayed for 3d/2n and had an excellent stay. We chose the agamid luxury chalet with a/c as it was very humid in July when we travelled. The a/c was the real attraction and worth the extra money. The rest of the chalet was ok - bed a bit hard and the shower warm only (not a problem in such warm weather). The real attraction was the wildlife of course and we saw virtually everything (except for an orangutan), and the highlight was seeing elephants beside the river! Doing 4 river cruises over the 3 days allowed us to see virtually everything and I would definitely recommend this to others over a shorter stay - we went to different locations with each trip having allowing us to see different wildlife but if we had only done 2 cruises, we would have missed some of the animals...our guide was excellent. All activities are well organised and safe. The walk to oxbow lake did not result in seeing anything new but that is the risk with wildlife....still worth the walk though. Only complaint is the food is not the best. Would recommend to stay her for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic chalets and dormitory rooms set in Kampung Bilit Kinabatangan, be ready to watch abundance of wildlife from the comfort of boat rides. Transfers to and fro Nature Lodge Kinabatangan and meals are included in the tour prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nature Lodge Kinabatangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Hotel Sandakan
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia