We went on the 3D2N experience and it was fantastic. On arrival, it felt a little like school camp as we were told the schedule and our rooms. The rooms were very basic (we stayed in the dorms) but clean and comfortable, although we can't say the same about the communal bathroom which was cold concrete. The food was ok as well. The highlight was the tours - river cruises up and down the Kinabatangan where we saw pygmy elephants, hornbills, macaques, proboscis monkeys, crocodiles, kingfishers... the list goes on! The night walks and trek are not for the faint hearted - there are leeches to be mindful of and I would highly recommend hiring the gumboots for the mud. The cool thing about them was that we followed an elephant trail that still had elephant footprints. On the night walk we saw a kingfisher up close and a tarsier! Our guide was excellent at spotting stuff for us and was genuinely passionate about the wildlife (he has studied birdcalls for 1.5 years). The other staff were also very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic chalets and dormitory rooms set in Kampung Bilit Kinabatangan, be ready to watch abundance of wildlife from the comfort of boat rides. Transfers to and fro Nature Lodge Kinabatangan and meals are included in the tour prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nature Lodge Kinabatangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Hotel Sandakan
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia