Had a great time at this resort when we visited for 2 nights. We were picked up from our hotel in Sandakan and from there everything was organised very well. We did two river trips, the first one we seen a lot of wildlife and it was amazing and then on the second night is was very quiet with nothing much to see - just the luck of the draw i suppose. The food was excellent. If anyone says that the stairs are easy they are either extremely fit or they are lying! My only comment would be that maybe some shutters or screens should be put up around the eating area on an evening as it was swarming with flying moths and insects (some very big) and this, for me, was the only negative part as I was a nervous wreck. Although, it is in the jungle and so what do you expect! Definitely bring a torch for the stairs at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Last Frontier Resort is a unique resort in the Kinabatangan area. As the first and only, it's located on top of a 100 meter high hill with a beautiful view over the forest sanctuary and the Kinabatangan River. Our packages include accommodation, 3 meals a day and an evening river cruise. Optional we can provide jungle trekking, night river cruises and night walks in the jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Last Frontier Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Frontier Boutique Hotel Sandakan
- The Last Frontier Boutique Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia