Nothing was too much trouble for Gert and Jason. They picked us up from our hotel in Sandakan (I was travelling with my husband and 3 children) helped sort our luggage to leave at the bottom of the steps, and gave us plenty of info about the area. Gert is a mine of info and Jason is a fantastic cook - he went to a lot of trouble for the kids. The steps are fun! And good excercise when you're eating Jason's food. The vibe of the place is laid back, personal service with fantastic views. The small, open restaurant is friendly and a great place to spot wildlife and bugs in the surrounding trees. We liked the giant moths, lizards and frogs and the kids loved it. The boat trips were excellent; our guide went a long way to show us pygamy elephants in the river, and heaps of monkeys and crocs. The walk through the rainforest along the ridge from the hotel is good too, although the children found the heat and humidity tough, there was plenty to occupy them.We loved our stay here and would really recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Last Frontier Resort is a unique resort in the Kinabatangan area. As the first and only, it's located on top of a 100 meter high hill with a beautiful view over the forest sanctuary and the Kinabatangan River. Our packages include accommodation, 3 meals a day and an evening river cruise. Optional we can provide jungle trekking, night river cruises and night walks in the jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Last Frontier Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Frontier Boutique Hotel Sandakan
- The Last Frontier Boutique Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia