The last frontier is up on a hill in the jungle of Borneo. It takes about 500 steps on a wooden stairway to reach the place. And the view over the jungle is excellent. The owners,Jason & Gert, are very friendly and Jason is a great cook.
If you're lucky and get up early, you'll see some monkey's pass by in the tree's right in front of your room. If your not a morning person, no worries, you'll spot a bunch of monkey's and lot's of other wild animals on the evening boat trips.
Big rooms, great shower and western size beds. This will probably be the only time you'll sleep with your feet IN the bed in Malaysia.
Boeboen (the guide) is a true talent when it comes to spotting animals. In the evening, all kinds of grashoppers, moths and other bugs are attracted by the light behind the bar, turning the wall into a 'bugshow'. Great sight.
If you want to get a taste of the Malaysian jungle, this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Last Frontier Resort is a unique resort in the Kinabatangan area. As the first and only, it's located on top of a 100 meter high hill with a beautiful view over the forest sanctuary and the Kinabatangan River. Our packages include accommodation, 3 meals a day and an evening river cruise. Optional we can provide jungle trekking, night river cruises and night walks in the jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Last Frontier Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Frontier Boutique Hotel Sandakan
- The Last Frontier Boutique Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia