Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
Henry C
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

A new hotel in the outskirt but with charm & nice food..

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Apr 2016
Hotel built on shoplots in Bandar Indah..A lot of food outlet, restuarants, pub & bar around. A cozy little place with no elevator..so if you are placed on the 2nd Floor..be prepared to walk up..A reasonable size room with all the normal amenities..The stairway is a bit warm during the day.
The café has the best mushroom soup..best in town.
Date of stay: March 2016
Room Tip: Try a lower floor..
Trip type: Travelled on business
Restaurant
  • Algotels
3.5 miles from The Mark's Lodge
View more hotels in Sandakan
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2015

A friend recommended this hotel to me. I am glad I took his advice. All the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly. The restaurant was undergoing some renovations so we only had breakfast there which was simple but more than adequate.
This hotel is well out of town and in a quiet area.
The price was very fair and the room was comfortable. When first entering the room I detected a smoker had been there but the cleaners had done a good job and I got over it quickly. I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I stayed 4 nights in this small yet comfy hotel during my business trip to Sandakan.
The hotel room (Deluxe Room) is very comfy, hot shower and very clean toilet. Also the bed is quite OK. Only, the TV chanel is very few (13 chanel overall), breakfast is almost the same day to day and not so many variations of the menu.
But it is well deserved for short stay or business trip because the location is quite, clean, hotel staff is very friendly, room also very comfy, and easy to find supermarket or restaurant not far from the hotel (average 2 km).
Will stay here again if i visit Sandakan next time.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JuliusRichie
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I stayed in this hotel during my visit for Chinese New Year 2015 to Malaysian Borneo. It is centrally located in Sandakan, equal distance to all major attractions. The area is residential and secluded, much different from the hustle and bustle of other areas of town. One can easily hire a taxi or tour operator to drive them from the hotel to a places of interest. The rooms are super clean, with lots of amenities including clean slippers. The beds are comfortable with soft sheets. The floor is wooden so therefore very clean as well. They serve breakfast that includes all possibilities, from European to Asia dishes. Great beer and coffee service as well, with peanuts and other snacks served, daily offerings of fruits. The management maintains a high standard of service, and the price is reasonable and competitive in comparison to other places on the island.

Room tip: One side faces the parking the other faces private housing, both are quite
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Stayed in this hotel twice
1st stay was on August 2015, 2nd stay was from 2 Spet - 4 Sept 2015 - both 2 night stayed

Reception & Lobby area
- Front desk was okay, friendly and helpful
- Lobby is cozy though they need put more sofa for guest to sit.

Room
- Stayed in Room 105 during my 1st & 2nd stay
- During my 1 st stay, i asked for non smoking room but they said, all rooms even though they did not provide ashtray, some guests they just smoke in the room. What they can do is to help me to spray air freshener in the room which it did help a little.
- I like my room, it's nice, clean and quite spacious.
- Toilet is clean too. Toiletries is complete accept no tooth brush and tooth paste provided.
-next to my room there's a mini gym.
- Closet has funny smells though. I hope the management can do something about it.
- Wifi is quite slow

Breakfast
- So- so, it's okay for the price we pay.
- Suggestion, besides cakes (which was not look tempting), maybe they could serve few types of local traditional cakes

Hotel location
- Great location, we own parking area
- Near eateries
- Quiet surrounding area

Room tip: Corner room at ground floor is near to the mini gym. less noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

I'm a bit skeptical when I saw a Cert on the reception counter saying that this hotel was rated as a 3 star hotel by Ministry of Tourism Malaysia. Just judged from the exterior of the hotel. My 1st impression was this so called boutique luxury hotel in their website will be another "marketing" scam by putting a fake photo of the hotel's room.

. OnceI