“best brew serve very terrible”

Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Sandakan
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

hi tea at the best brew, wait 5 minutes for the menu, asking for any cakes or desserts, he ask me back order at the downstair by my self. is it this is fast food restaurant ? self service ? is it no any service charges to me ? waiting for the drinks, the bill is coming ! what the terrible service ? i m not asking for bill. but the waiter asking me to pay. Is it im look like a poor guy, will drink and run ! so terrible !

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacques F
FourPointsSandakan, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Jacques F,

First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for the bad experience you encountered during your recent visit to The Best Brew.

We appreciate your feedback and I am obviously very concerned of the level of service rendered at The Best Brew. Rest assured, I have personally followed up on these issues with our Bar Manager, so that he can address these matters urgently via our ongoing training and development programs.

Thank you very much for taking the time and write a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean accommodation, efficient and friendly service.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope you will give us another chance to welcoming you back to ou hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here for 1 night.
Check in process was easy and fast (less than 10 minutes).

Location:
20 minutes from the airport.
by the sea.
the hotel is attached to Sandakan harbour mall via 1st Flr (reception area).
nearby attractions. amenities: shops, restaurants, market, spa, mosque (abt 2-3 mins drive).

room amenities:
tv (minimal channel), fridge, no bathtub, separate shower and toilet, basic toileteries.
the toilet is reasonably wide, the shower box can fit 3 person at a time.
the water pressure somehow is not the strong at 20th flr.

Swimming pool is at level 13. great view of the sea. place to relax in the evening.

I didn't have time to take the breakfast, so cant comment on the food.

Sleeping Quality:
Very satisfying.

overall:
Very Satisfied.

Room Tip: higher floors for breathtaking views of the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear nazzerooney,

Warm greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan.

Thank you so much for your thorough review for our hotel. And we are happy to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay with us. We have taken note on your comment about water pressure. I will personally work with my Engineering team to improve this.

Hope we will be welcoming you back to Sandakan and our hotel in your near future visit.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here for a few days in August 2012 after spending a week up-river wildlife watching. It had only been opened for a few months and we had booked elsewhere but on seeing the hotel and trying out the breakfast we ditched the other one and stayed here instead, what a good idea that turned out to be.
The food was great apart from the Stingray, try it if you fancy something completely different but don't say you haven't been forewarned!!!
My wife is a coeliac (wheat intolerance) and we inquired about the kind of breads on offer but it wasn't something they had been asked about previously, the maitre d said he would see what he could do, the next day at breakfast we were presented with a great selection of especially baked breads just for my wife, now thats what I call service, excellent. Thank you to both the maitre d and the chefs.
The 8th floor swimming pool was also a great bonus.
All in all a great few days.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iainmh
FourPointsSandakan, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear iainmh,

Warm greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan.

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you made the right choice eventually in your previous visit in Sandakan to move into our hotel and we did not fail to impress you with our hospitality.

It has been a while since August 2012. Hope we would have a chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night only and i cannot fault our stay at all. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the view from our rooms were beautiful and the rooms themselves were of a very high standard (loved the view from the bath).
The hotel has entertainment during the evening in the bar and the bar staff make fantastic cocktails. I would strongly recommend this hotel for both location and quality.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear katys24,

Warm greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan.

We are so glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us even though it was just only one night. Your review and recommendation to others would definitely encourage us to continue deliver our best hospitality to all of our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again to our hotel and Sandakan in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for 3D2N for a trip with my parents and 2 teenage nieces. On arrival, staffs were very warm and welcoming. We were missing one of our baggages, and when I told the staff about it, they actually offered to help follow up with MAS and inform me when the bag is at the hotel.

We have a really great view from our room as well, which was really awesome. The bed was really comfy, which helped a lot after a loooonggggg day out in the sun. Can't comment on the food though, as we had all our meals outside and during our trip. However, we were told that one needs to be VERY patient when ordering food anywhere in Sandakan, as they tend to take their sweet time to cook you order. Overall, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sandakan.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear feruzie,

Warm greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan.

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your great experience in here and recommend our hotel to others. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and our staff had helped you to sort out the baggage issue with the airline.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again to Sandakan and our hotel in not a far distant future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is my 2nd review of this hotel and this was an absolute disaster this time around.

Having had our flight delayed no less than 4 times in the space of 9 hours and not eaten since 2pm, we checked in at 8.15pm, and headed straight for dinner to the 13th floor restaurant.

There was an indian spread and promotion on, but other than the 'smell' of indian food, none was to be seen nor were we introduced to any indian buffet as everything appears to have been cleared up before we walked in at 9.00pm.

The restaurant was EMPTY..no customers bar a few restaurant staff who were busy clearing up and preparing for breakfast the next day as they were busy setting up additional tables.

We ordered a very basic pasta and a chicken rice dish. A pasta dish takes all of 15 minutes to make. Chicken rice? 10 minutes really at the most given again, no other guests other than ourselves.

What should have taken 15-20 minutes ended up taking 40 minutes.

And this was just too much to take.

I made a lot of noise as this was just unnacceptable and asked for the duty manager. To be fair, he was in to see me within 3 minutes which I think helped the situation but he could not do much as the reason being was the 'chef's were away at Beluran for a function.'

I duly insisted on paying for the drinks we had ordered but turned away the meals when they finally came out of the kitchen. I accepted his apology and shook his hand and we left.

He did try to assist by sending the food up to the room but I declined. We were just too exhausted and just wanted a decent meal and to go to bed and were in no mood to sit and wait any longer so we slept hungry as downtown Sandakan just is not the safest of places to be walking about at nights.

On my first visit to this hotel a number of months back, I also had issues with this restaurant.

I got the 'why don't you just take the buffet breakfast' hint instead of being able to order ala-carte (and I did order pancakes...screw them!) and fresh orange juice. The orange juice took 25 minutes to arrive. It takes me maybe, at the most, 5 minutes or less to squeeze a couple of oranges and to have myself a glass of juice ready to drink.

But I kept quiet that time. Though the restaurant was perhaps 25% full at the time only.

There is a problem at this hotel and there are issues which are either not being realized and attended to or are being ignored. I think those issues can be delt with and things can be improved but these sorts of things should not be happening at a Sheraton. Period.

Aside from the view, and the friendly check in staff and an otherwise spanking new hotel, and a view from the swimming pool to die for, everything good that can be said about this hotel ends up getting ruined by the lack lustre food and beverage department and it's management of it's 13th floor restaurant/cafe.

And as an SPG member, this was not a good experince. For a second time around at the same hotel. Another question I must ask is why does the rooms get warm in the middle of the night? This appears to be happening also at the Le Meridian in Kota Kinabalu as well.

Sleep was also ruined in a way by a warm room as the room was nice and cold until midnight and then same issues AGAIN...

Don't quite understand why. And this then made for a lack of sleep and by 6.00am, I had another flight to catch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diving-Addiction00
FourPointsSandakan, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear The_Rottweiller,

Warm greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan.

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your valuable review and comments in here.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the service deficiency you experienced during your stay with us. Whilst we are striving to deliver operational excellence and I do acknowledge that on this occasion we had failed miserably in our delivery.

We appreciate your feedback and I am obviously very concerned about your experience especially in relation to dining experience in our restaurant and also the room temperature issue . For this I sincerely apologize and please rest assured that I have personally followed up these issues with our Food and Beverage Manager and the Chief Engineer so that they in turn can address these matters via their ongoing training and development programs and rectify our technical issue as well.

It concerns me greatly that you have left our hotel with such a negative experience and again I sincerely apologize. I trust that when you next return you will give us another chance to show that major improvements have been made in this area and I am sure that you will note the difference.

On behalf of the team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Was there for new experience in a fishing town. Stayed there for 4D3N. Very impressed with the huge room with seaside and sunset view. Its was so soothing by just looking out of the window, beautiful sea, fishing boats, the town, etc all under me. I could view the sunrise by standing next to the elevators. Its so creative of them to provide a huge window dedicated for viewing the sea by the elevators. I could spend hours just standing in front of the hotel at the water front viewing the activities by locals, fishing, the speedboats jetting by, sunrise in the morning and sunset in the evening. Don't miss the view from the infinity swimming pool at 13th floor even you are not into swimming, it is superb .The staffs were very friendly and helpful. My request to print a boarding pass was done in double quick time. I was just looking forward to be back to the room after a tiring walk around the town, the attractions etc. It was so relaxing by just lying down and watch out of the window. The central market is just a 5 minutes walk from the hotel. I woke up early, 5am, one morning to view the sunrise from the water front beside the market. Besides that, I interacted with the locals in the market and they were so friendly . The walkabout in the market was such a good and memorable experience. This hotel is highly recommended

Room Tip: Tell the staff what view you want, sunrise or sunset
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 55CAL77
FourPointsSandakan, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear 55CAL77

Warm greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan.

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with both our hotel and also the surrounding of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed the view from our hotel in several angles. And since you are the early riser, you also had a chance to experience how local around here have their lifestyle too. We are happy for you.

Hope we will be welcoming you back to Sandakan again in the near future.

Kanit Sangmookda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandakan
Sabah Hotel Sandakan
#11 of 32 in Sandakan
Hsiang Garden Hotel
Hsiang Garden Hotel
#12 of 32 in Sandakan

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan? Share your experiences!