Spent 2 nights here with my husband. The resort is just 10min away from orang utans and sun bear, so great location. the resort is nice, bit run down, but food in the restaurant is fresh and good. go for the prawns that are big and juicy and amazing Sabah vegetable which you cannot get outside Sabah. During our breakfast one morning orang utan came to visit, so we have a really close encounter with this amazing animal. Pool is there, which is nice after hot day spent in jungle trails, and also because after 4pm all places close. the fee of RM5 for pool use and RM2 for towel seem excessive for guests staying in resort. it is right to charge the outsiders, which come from other hotels to use the pool. Rainforest discovery center is also very nice and interesting with better trails. RM40 to airport by taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes walk to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, Sepilok Jungle Resort offers comfortable lodging for visitors around the world to get close but un-intrusive glimpse of this nature paradise. It is enclosed within a tropical virgin Borneo Rainforest in Sandakan, Sabah (Borneo), Malaysia. Let its beautiful landscaped gardens and wide expanse of lush jungle transport you back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sepilok Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia