The grounds are simply gorgeous, and within walking distance to the Orang Utan and Sun Bear Rehab centers as well as the Rainforest Conservation Center. The staff are friendly and helpful, and because their sister property is the Bilit Rainforest Lodge (or something akin to that) it was very easy to arrange a visit to the Kinabatangan River.
My room was large, with wifi (which only worked one part of the property), bathroom with shower stall and hot water, comfy bed, tv, a/c, and assorted teas and coffee. The pool is large with a waterfall, but it does cost 5 ringgit, 2 ringgit more to rent a towel. The breakfast buffet in their restaurant was basic and good, as were the other offerings. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes walk to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, Sepilok Jungle Resort offers comfortable lodging for visitors around the world to get close but un-intrusive glimpse of this nature paradise. It is enclosed within a tropical virgin Borneo Rainforest in Sandakan, Sabah (Borneo), Malaysia. Let its beautiful landscaped gardens and wide expanse of lush jungle transport you back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sepilok Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia