We had a fantastic time there only wish it could of been longer. We were delayed by a day as our connecting flight was cancelled, and did not want to loose our money, so phoned them immediately and managed thankfully to get our trip pushed back a day, which we are more than grateful for. The transfer on the oat is a bit bumpy, also don't wear your best gear as if on the wrong side you may get wet. After an hour and 30 minutes we were welcomed on this paradise island, the chalets are large and comfortable, the food good and plenty full, so long as you drink moderately the price of alcohol bare able. We sadly could only manage 2 of the planned 3 or possibly 4 dives we hoped for owing to or delay and the pending onward flights booked, as strict with the 24 hour before flying rule, for your own health that's good and shows they care. However enjoyed the diving and The drive crew friendly and looked after you all. We'll recommend the expense for the experience and the views alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia