“Apartments good value, good location!”
Review of Imperial Hotel

and 1 more site!
Imperial Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Miri
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I chose this as they have 3 bedroom apartments in a great central location opposite the new Mall at a great price.
The apartments are simple and basic but clean, spacious and good value for money. The service that was provided by front desk and room service was efficient and fast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 July 2014

1st Impression - Wow, nice hotel

Reception - All are most helpful

Room - Thou when check-in not ready, was rushed within 15 mins for me to check into the room

Housekeeping - Good morning, Sir....Hope You have a nice stay

Minor improvement - Bellboy .... have to be attentive.... walk pass without even offering help with me luggage.

Room Tip: Just need to read the so many arrows for your room no given when you get off the lift.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PinoyFiestaIhawIhaw
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Located less then 15 mins from Miri Airport, this hotel in centrally located to visit destinations in Miri. I had stayed at the Imperial Hotel for all of my visits to Miri.

Not to be mistaken for its sister, the Imperial Palace Hotel, Imperial Hotel is connected to 2 malls. This gives this hotel an advantage when it comes to F&B choices. Basically you may not need to get out of the building to get food for your stay in Miri. There's the famous Nasi Lalapan from Muara Restaurant just about 80-90 metres from the hotel.

All of my visits to Miri were business trips. Taxi is an essential service that I need, and this isn't a problem at this hotel. The location means that even if there are not any taxis standing by, it isn't long before one turns up.

The hotel food is ok. The Imperial Restaurant located at the ground floor of the hotel serves good (and not too expensive) Chinese fare. The breakfast buffet that came with the room is ok, could be better though.

The rooms are spacious. Really spacious, with all the basic amenities for a 4* hotel.

I am scheduled for another trip in a few weeks time. This time to visit the Curtin University Sarawak Campus. I will be staying here again. It took me less then 30 mins to get there from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank imkj
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked a deluxe room on the 7th floor. Room size is ok, clean and cozy, although the view from my room is nothing special. I've had a room service for lunch and dinner because i felt like spending some time to chat online with my wife after a long offshore job. Had an air-flown King Salmon Steak for lunch which by the sound of it should be something. I think i was good enough for me. For dinner i planned to eat at nearby Ming's Cafe but was full so i just decided to grab some beer from 7-Eleven and ordered food from the hotel. Expecting something much better, i ordered Baked Snapper Breval which i should say I found a bit bland. I guess I an just an Asian who's used eating tasty food all the time... but being all that said, i would still stay in this hotel. Why not? This is just one of the best location in Miri

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Engr
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was staying in the Apartment Room during my stay here in the Imperial Hotel. The parking is something frustrating. Although the sign says "Parking for Hotel Guests", it suggests otherwise (due to the fact that aside from hotel guests, there are also shoppers and employees who park there). It took me about 45 minutes just to find one parking and the fact that the Security Guard is not that helpful. Another thing is the Elevators. It takes forever for it to come (especially when there is an event). However, my kids love the swimming pool and my wife loves the shopping area which is just right around the corner. Eateries is easy to access and get by so this is also a plus. Overall, although this hotel has its ups and downs, me and my family are happy with the hotel. Given the chance, we may stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank coldmist11
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is located in the mid of the city. Nearby there are a lot of shops, malls and 24/7 outlets, so it's a nice place to stay and to walk around. If you're driving to Miri and plan to stay in this hotel, beware of the traffic!!!

Elevators services really need to improve! Especially whenever there are events going on in the upper floors, it create a mess and a long queue at the elevator area and that really need to be upgraded.

Room was clean, safe and air-condition is really a plus for the weather in Miri is quite hot, thumbs up for the management!

Front desk counters services for check-in and check-out normally a long queue, therefore, make sure you plan ahead.

Overall, I'm satisfy with this hotel, not the best but the potential is there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank danielwmn
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A clean, pleasant hotel that could use a some improvement in it's customer service.

We drove in from Brunei and stayed overnight at Imperial Hotel. Only staying one night we didn't need very much and found the modest shopping complex the hotel was connected to sufficient. The Imperial Queen wing of the shopping complex had just opened and, as the name implies, caters to shoppers with more discerning tastes.

We stayed in a twin room. It was clean and provided a safe, fridge, kettle (with a slightly broken lid), complimentary bottled water and the usual assortment of towels and soaps. Wifi is also provided free of charge. The elevator limits access to the guest's floor by ways of key card, kudos for the added security measure.

My main, albeit small, complaint would be the service staff. While the reception desk was pleasant and helpful the floor staff could have used more training and discipline. Most of them appeared to be high-school students but that's no excuse. I sometimes found them being rowdy and noisy which does not reflect well on the hotel. Though never rude, common courtesies were missing such as allowing hotel guests to alight from elevators first. We also found the basement security guard sleeping when we arrived! I do hope Imerial Hotel invests in better training for these staff members and, if they are over-worked, hire more staff.

We were given complimentary breakfast at The Imperal Terrace Cafe which was average at best. Not that it's a bad thing, we weren't paying a kings ransom to dine like royalty, but if you are staying here for an extended period you may want to look elsewhere for food. Malaysia is never in need for more eateries.

Imperial Hotel also provides a restaurant, fitness centre and swimming pool none of which we used. Please check other reviews for information about them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family