“Best”

Dillenia Guest House
Ranked #1 of 41 Miri B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a great place! Good clean rooms and spotlessly clean showers and bathroom. Mrs Lee, the owner, is a wonderful lady, doing almost everything for her guests. I highly recommend Dillenia Guesthouse.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MuhammadSafian

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have stayed in Dillenia just for 1 night on our way to Mulu.
We were reliably picked up at the airport by a driver and driven back. Guesthouse has nice communal area where you can make breakfast. Owner is helpful in getting advice about everything and she helped us a lot with tips for Mulu.
Otherwise guesthouse facilities are very simple and basic but clean

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karelcermak
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family stayed here for one night. We have been travelling for 11 months and this place is up there with the nicest places we have stayed. It is clean, laid out well and extremely well run. Mrs Lee is obviously a perfectionist, it shows in the communal area, as its all well thought out. Don't bother looking for other budget places just book in here. Thank you Mrs Lee, we had a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank joannecharlie
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We only planned to stay for 2 nights but extended to 3 once we got here and met Mrs.Lee. The guesthouse is very very clean and has a great lounge area where you can use the computers, watch tv or dvd's and use the kitchen facilities. There is free wifi through out the building and it is very fast. There is free breakfast with toast, and spreads and fruit. Free coffee and many different types of tea as well as drinking water are available 24 hours a day. We had a room with 2 single beds and shared bathroom which was always clean and had a blow dryer and soap and shampoo. Laundry services are also available. Mrs. Lee makes you feel welcomed from the minute you walk through the doors. She has an abundance of information about the area and surrounding areas and will not hesitate to give you direction or help in your planning. She can also arrange for transportation and she gave us contact information for a homestay in Mulu National Park. We've been traveling for over 3 months and this place we would put on the top of our list of places we have stayed so far. I would recommend it and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed in Dilennia for just 2 nights, mainly to visit the Niah caves. Mrs Lee arranged for a transfer which costed 60RM, lunch included. This was excellent value for money, as independent travel would have costed as much, if not more, and would be less convenient. Mrs Lee knows all about the hotspots in Miri (not so many though). The hostel itself was very clean and tidy, bathroom facilities were good as well. The only remark I would make is that it doesn't seem to be a solo traveler's hostel, it's more a guest house for groups. For me it wasn't a problem because I didn't stay in Miri for too long, and this is not something the owners have control over. I enjoyed my stay a lot, with all the comforts a traveler needs.

Room Tip: Ear plugs as the A/C can get a bit loud
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My experience with Dillenia started on the wrong foot when the owner turned up about half an hour late to let me into the guest house. Thankfully, it was all uphill from there. I stayed both in a private single room and a twin room, both of which were pleasantly clean (clean enough to be comfortable barefooted) and basic. I also enjoyed the fact that those rooms both had windows, though the large glass panels did warm the room up a bit unless you turn the aircon up (greenhouse effect).

The common toilets were very clean (I was somewhat taken by their handsome floor tiles) and somehow kept dry almost every time I visited them.

Aside from that, it's also a plus that the wifi was pretty fast (and free) even from the rooms. The legendary Mrs. Lee written all over other reviews did not disappoint in the hospitality department either.

I'd definitely come back here again if I need a place in Miri.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo