“Coco Diving”
Review of Co Co Dive

Co Co Dive
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Miri
More attraction details
Owner description: Co.Co.Dive (formerly known as Tropical Dives) is longest established dive operator in Miri. Our founder - Mr Voo is also the pioneer in diving exploration at Miri, who discovered most of the dive sites and gave the naming. With Co.Co.Dive, our very own Scuba Diving Division of Minda Travel, we are able to offer total adventure travel, on land and underwater. Miri has long been known for it's exotic national parks and caves, it's underwater world which is now gaining attention of scuba divers, ever since the untouched coral reefs were discovered in recent years. Divers, from beginners to those who have dived the worlds most famous spots, have nothing but praise for the untouched reefs around Miri. The reefs here are all patch reefs with varying depths from 7 to 45 meters with average visibility of 10 to 30+ meters. The variety of corals and other marine life on the reefs, rivals that of any! to be the best in the region.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have just completed 14 dives with Coco. 4 dives were training dives for the PADI Deep speciality and the other 10 were Fun-Dives.

Before I comment on the training dives I should explain that I am a university educator with 25 years experience and have led many field trips and taught many many classes. I say this to show that I can assess teaching. The quality of the teaching that I experienced on my PADI deep course was excellent. I genuinely could not fault it at all. The instruction was clear, practised and authoritative and I enjoyed it a lot. I can close my eyes now and picture the reefs as I descended and ascended at Santak.

The fun dives were great. I dive in the UK so I don't often get to see reefs and I just enjoy diving no matter what the condition. Visibility was variable depending on the locality and the weather (thats the natural environment folks… the weather varies) but at Santak it was 15m plus. Enduring memories for me will be turtles at night, brilliant colours of the corals at Belais and other sites, stunning gorgonians, the immensely curious and entertaining batfish, and dense shoals of fish at Kenyalang with some fish just a few cm from my mask (it was like swimming in an aquarium). I particularly enjoyed diving at Santak though. the visibility was great and the architectural forms of the corals was stunning. Many thanks to the folks from Coco who dived with me, Chris, David, Willie and others. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Coco Dive impresses me with their four star services and professionalism especially in terms of safety factor.

Prior to my dive with Coco Dive, Grace has been very patient and helpful in dealing with my dive team of five; everything from ensuring the right size for the dive suits to the mask with degree, Grace had everything in place to ensure her divers have a memorable dive experience.

One thing to praise on is the fact that despite having two couples of advance divers on board with us, Coco Dive will still send a dive instructor/dive master to dive with these group of divers.

Kudos to the crew - Quin and Jin Chee, who are always so humorous and friendly through out our dive trip together. Thank you Coco Dive, especially Grace for your warm hospitality and making my first dive very memorable!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Huge shout-out of thanks to the wonderful crew at Co Co Dive - Chris, Quyen & Jin Chee. They're absolutely fantastic - friendly, hospitable and also very professional. Thank you for taking such great care of us.

Together with Ian & Grace who also showed us around, we can't wait to come back again to explore what other dive sites Miri has to offer!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We completed our PADI course with Co Co Dive team last month. It was a really good first experience of diving and under da sea world.. Ross and his crew made us feel really comfortable as we were quite nervous at first. The course was taught really well, thoroughly and clearly as there is a lot to go through we felt at ease and it was a fun process. The diving itself and the dive sites were incredible.. never seen so much coral like it! Co Co Dive team that took us out on the boat were really helpful and friendly and had an amazing first two dives.. dive three and four were even better as confidence grew… Thanks to Co Co Dive : )

1  Thank LouBearSeymour
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very good service. Amazing dives with Coco Dive. So excited! Manta Ray, Eagle Rays, Whale Shark and so many different species! Thank you for your service! Thank you Ross, Willy, Matty, Sampson, and Gonzalo!

2  Thank XiaoyanMeng