“Clean and convenient; Would stay again”
Review of My Homestay

and 1 more site!
My Homestay
Ranked #2 of 41 Miri B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Clean environment, good location, comfortable bed; near to everywhere- delicious local food just downstairs, shopping mall at opposite road, pubs and night life activities nearby.

Free Wi-fi, and there are 2 sharing PCs provided if you don't have your laptop with you; a TV with DVD players and comfy sofas and bean bags ,all together created a social corner. Feeling great got the chance to meet up some awesome local people.

Although toilet is not attached with my room, sharing toilet shower is clean.

What else you need with the very less you pay for? It's just simply marvelous.

Room Tip: rooms at level 3 maybe more quite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Candy C
MyHomeStay, Public Relations Manager at My Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thanks for your review and thanks for choosing MyHomestay ! We will try to serve better and better. Hope to see you soon! -Team MyHomestay

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

When we originally arrived here it all seemed very nice! Very clean, decent social space and good location. However, on closer inspection you realise the staff are often either useless or rude...or both! The inclusions such as wifi and breakfast are basically redundant (uselessly slow and unreliable Internet and only bread for breakfast). And the rooms are almost uncomfortably small! The only major plus of this place is the incredible showers which are by far the best I have had in the whole of SE Asia...doesn't make up for all the other problems though...don't think I would come back again!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank danigross88
MyHomeStay, Guest Relations Manager at My Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Sorry for making you unhappy whle staying with us, we are trying to solve the wifi problem cause by guests who run PPS. About the breakfast, we really have to apologize because we just start providing breakfast, we will provide more choices as soon as possible. Really thank you so much for your review to let us know our problems and we will try our best to serve better and better, we really hope to see you soon. - Team MyHomestay

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Pros:
*Rooms, kitchen, and bathrooms are all very clean
*Great location in the centre of Miri, close to many cheap local restaurants as well as more western cafes. Across the street from Imperial Mall which has a supermarket
*For SE Asia, showers are incredible for water pressure, temp, and cleanliness
*Nice kitchen/dining area on the balcony
*Common area has two computers and a TV

Cons:
*Very very loud. The walls/doors of the rooms are quite thin and the staff are constantly shouting back and forth to each other which echoes very loudly into the rooms.
*There is free Wifi but it works very rarely. Sometimes you'll get lucky with a few hours of fast service.
*Although the beds are comfy, the rooms with queens are very small. With a few bags each, you have room to just get your door open.

Overall the place is good and I would recommend people stay here.

Room Tip: First floor is very loud
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tyrannosaurus_Ross

Sorry for the late reply. We apologize for the not functioning Wifi due to some technical problem. About the big noise making by the staff, action had been taken by our staff manager. Thanks for your review for letting us know the problems and we will try our best to solve it and trying our best to serve better and better. -Team MyHomestay

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My Homestay is in a great location in the centre of Miri; no more than a mile from anywhere useful and just across the road from a shopping centre. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, although sometimes you might be wanting served at the reception desk and have to wait briefly while one of them comes in from chatting on the balcony.

The breakfast is a little sparse, consisting of just toast and coffee, but for his price I'm amazed they included anything at all so that's not really a complaint. I had expected to be put in a dorm but instead got a small, 2 bunk bedroom to myself. This was nice for privacy but one of the reasons I like staying in hostels (besides the price) is to meet new people, which is made a little harder when you're staying in separate rooms. I had enough space with just myself in the room where I could use the other bunk bed for storage but think I might have struggled if I had been sharing.

The hostel is very clean although the floors and seat of the toilet cubicles were often disconcertingly damp given you can't wear shoes bast the lobby so you'll be standing barefoot in a puddle. Fairly certain that was only due to careless use of the bidet hose rather than anything else.

My biggest complaint is the traffic noise. Drivers in Miri love the sound of their own engines and the Homestay faces onto a main road. If you're on the second floor then your corridors open straight out onto the balcony, so you will hear every speed freed and his cousin during the night as though they were right outside your room. Maybe worth the management installing some doors on that level? Also the WiFi, whilst free, was also ponderously slow.

I don't want to sound too negative here, because despite the above, the Homestay is a very comfortable place to base yourself in Miri. I have, in the past, paid much more for much worse hostel experiences than this, and the cheap, cheap price tag certainly balances out any of the hostel's minor failings

Room Tip: Maybe try asking for something on the third floor. Since it doesn't have a balcony, you might n...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ChrisBChikin

I would like to apologize for the traffic noise making by those drivers, we had send a letter to our City Council to look over this matter, it will be better if they create road buffer in that area. Thanks for your review and we really hope to see you stay with us soon. -Team MyHomestay

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I really loved this homestay. The staff were friendly and helpful, it was very clean, the showers were amazing and it had free WiFi. I booked a dorm room but when I arrived I ended up with a twin to myself for the same price!! It was also in a great location :-) Wish I had time to stay longer!

The owner also organizes evening tours. They are a little over priced but still makes for an enjoyable evening and a way of seeing the city the way the locals do.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Toni C

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Clean environment, good location, friendly staffs, comfortable bed; near to everywhere, food, supermarket, shopping mall, pubs, convenience store and best price.
Free Wi-fi, and there are 2 PCs if you don't have your laptop with you; a TV with DVD players and comfy sofas and bean bags.
Clean toilets and showers, cheap laundry service, cooking facilities available in the common area.
What else you need with the very less you pay for? It's just simply marvelous.

Room Tip: Book early, always full.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TungKong V

Reviewed 14 September 2013

If I must list the best thing about my recent trip to MIRI, it has to be My Homestay. Thanks so much other travelers who have recommended us this hostel. This place is too perfect for words.

We did have a little trouble finding the hostel since the whole road was not numbered at all. However, our tiredness was completely washed away thanks to the very friendly and extremely gracious receptionist. We booked the 4-bed Dorminity room and we must say it totally exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and our roommate was a very friendly one.

Breakfast is simple yet good, at balcony enjoy our breakfast. My boy friend and me really enjoyed it while I found myself loving the whole atmosphere to bits. My HomeStay is a place where you can easily interact with everyone and people are actually very friendly and eager to share with you their interesting stories and experiences.

It's got everything I was looking for in my trip to MIRI: A safe and clean place to sleep in, central location (it's easy to find your way around the city from there) and it's cheap.

Miri is a small place, My Homestay had provide car, motorcycle and bicycle rental, i recomment can rent a motorcycle to traveling all town.

I very much appreciate the effort of all My HomeStay staff and owners who have been so sweet for paying attention to all the smallest details just to make sure that we have a comfortable experience.

Stay 03 Sept 2013