“Òverprice, not well maintained, but worth visit”
Review of Crocodile Farm

Crocodile Farm
Ranked #10 of 34 things to do in Miri
Singapore
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Òverprice, not well maintained, but worth visit”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not everyday you find 1000 crocs in one place and some absolute huge 5metre plus long maneaters. Some fast extinct birds also there. Yes tickets overpriced, yes not maintained well, yes don't give adequate food to the inmates but still worth a visit for the reptiles.

Visited August 2014

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good but overprice”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It's called "crocodile farm" because about 80% of the animals inside were crocodiles. Besides that, not much really just like a regular zoo. The price is kinda expensive for just an entrance. RM 18 for local adults and RM 25 for non Malaysians adults. If the price include you can feed the animals then it's suitable. But sadly, you have to pay for the food to feed the animals. (not trying to be cheapskate here, just something that i need to express about the entrance fee) Besides, the crocodiles cages were unsafe because it's very brittle. The birds were beautiful. But wondering what happen to one of the hornbill's beak. It broke:-(. Also better look at one of the horse's left eye. It looks like he's badly hurt. Please do some maintenance on the surroundings and some checking on the animals.

1 Thank PotatoChipsLover
Adelaide, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Dangerous, I had a serious accident there last week - no health and safety”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Last weekend me and my daughter visited the Crocodile Farm. I was in the farm around 15 minutes when I fell through the feeding platform. The planks of wood that make up the feeding platform literally snapped under both my feet! I now have a serious Grade 3 sprain and I'm on crutches. It's going to be at least 12 weeks of rehabilitation physio before it is fixed. The staff had no emergency procedure in place and didn't know how to help and spoke little English. My phone unfortunately fell into one of the crocodile enclosures during my fall and broke so I had no means of communication. I couldn't walk never mind drive so I was grateful to a British family who arrived 30 minutes later and agreed to drive me to my hotel as there were no other people at the farm.

I have emailed the crocodile farm regarding my accident but I have had no reply. The conditions are disgusting.

Visited July 2014
8 Thank Joanne W
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Sad animals. ”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

More an animal farm than a Croc farm. Animals ALL looked hungry, neglected and weak. I'm not a zoo lover but this place should be closed down. It is not well maintained and animals were not well taken care of. Give it a miss. Cannot recommend this place.

2 Thank Popopo1976
Labuan Island, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“just your average zoo.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

this is one of my childhood place that i love to visit.

my bf brought me to visited the zoo cause i'm a big fan of reptile animals. i was very happy cause i get to take pics with the snakes which cost RM10 & get to feed the crocs which cost RM10 too. my bf bought 2 bunch of banana (RM1 per bunch) to fed the monkey & other animals. the monkey quickly took & ate it. it seem like didn't eat for days. so we ended up gave it the whole bunch.

my bf bought 3 packs of food for the goats. when he poured the 1st pack, all of the goats ran towards & ate it. same goes to the 2nd & 3rd pack. all of the goats were fighting to get the food. i felt bad cause the animals were not proper well kept/fed. whenever we gave them food, they ate it super fast & will asked for more.

i hope the management will train their staffs to be gentle towards the animals & care more for the animals which i know it will not happen.

Visited February 2014