Very nice, colonial style four star hotel. We spent there three nights in august 2009. Very nice room on the upper floor (actually we booked a sea view premier villa room, when we arrived at the resort they gave us room number one: although the room was really beautiful, it was too close to the restaurant kitchen and the smell of the food came to the balcony, and there was a small wall just in front of the balcony that prevented a full sea view..there were no other room available so the owners up-graded us to a hideaway villa, the room was a bit smaller but had a wonderful view of the sea and private and spacious balcony). Food choice was good. The room rate included free kanoe rent for an hour (you can easily reach kapas island where you can both enjoy a walk on the beach, a drink in one of the many beach bars, and of course nice beaches). Great open air spa center with wonderful view of the sea..
Snorkeling is great and you don’t even have to be far from the shore to sea wonderful and colourful tropical fishes. Just not to be taken aback by their sudden encounter, there are sharks in the sea. Actually we met a few big ones (almost as big as us!!) but the people at the resort told us that if the sharks have a black tip they are harmless..Stuff at the reception was very friendly. Great location on a private island, definitely worth staying for a couple of days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort have 45 sea frontage villas, comprising of 2 suites, 4 hideaway Villas, 4 Premier Villas and 35 water villas. All villas are equipped with air conditioning and king sized beds with aside lounger. All villas have a balcony with a swing chair for your convenience. Villas are all ensuite with a toilet and shower room. The resort is built on the ridges of the coastline, thus preserving the hills and its natural physical formation. There is a main beach and 2 other smaller beach for your private use. There is a restaurant where all meals are served there. Seaport facilities like kayaking and snorkelling are also available. Guided snorkelling is also available upon request with minimum of 4 pax. Airport transfer can be arrange upon request with some charges. Rates are available on our official website. Thank you and hope to see you in Gem Island soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gem Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gem Island Hotel Marang
- Gem Island Resort And Spa
- Gem Island Resort & Spa Malaysia/Terengganu - Marang