Last week, my friends and I went to Pulau Kapas and stayed in Qimi Chalet. Our initial plan was to stay there for 4 days 3 nights to relax and enjoy the nature. Unfortunately, things were bad since at the beginning. We waited for the boat transfer at Marang Jetty for more than an hour as the boatman was too busy running some errands at the jetty area. And then, when he finally ready to take us, a total of 10 adults with 3 children were all cramped into the boat. There was not enough life jackets for all too. From my experience, this kind of boat usually can accommodate only up to 8 adults and its a rule that all passengers must wear a life jacket. We were lucky to arrive safely despite the water was quite choppy that day.
When we arrived at the chalet, we were welcomed by a very dirty. The floor and bed sheet looked like it has never been cleaned for ages! They did not even provide us with any blanket.
Never mind,we decided to borrow a broom and cleaned the room by ourselves.
Lo and behold for what is coming. On our first night staying in the room, one of my friend were actually bitten by a huge centipede while sleeping! We quickly called the owner of the chalet and informed her about the incident. We were hoping for some first aid treatment for my poor friend who was so in pain. One of the worker came to our room to check on us and killed the centipede. The owner too came to check on us but not offering any helps. We fully understood that it was 2.30am and was raining heavily outside. So we can't travel to the mainland immediately to send my friend for proper medical attention. But what really disappoint us was, no first-aid treatment was given to my poor friend. The owner even told us that it's nothing biggie and we were all over reacting. I think there is valid reason to why we were so panic as some people could die due to the allergy caused by the centipede's venom. How could we not worry with the zero medical attention given? We also totally understood that there's a risk of insects coming into the room for the fact that we were staying in a chalet which is so closed to a jungle. But where is their first aid and medical care knowledge?
Since there's nothing that we can do at that time, we just waited for morning to come while packing our belongings. We can't wait to get out from this place. It was the longest night ever, as we were so worried about my friend who was in agony of pain.
Finally morning came and to add on to our disappointment, the owner did not even bother to arrange for an emergency boat transfer for us, to send my friend to the hospital. Instead, we have to wait for the normal scheduled boat. So there goes waiting again and we were too tired to argue at that time. Once again, we were all cramped into a boat again. Its about 10-11 adults with 3 children this time with no life jacket was offer. We shared the boat with a family from Australia and they were telling us that they saw a snake in their room's toilet! Goodness!
When arrived at the jetty, all of us went to ask around on where is the nearest hospital and clinic available. Luckily there are some kind-hearted people who helped us to call for a taxi and brought us to a clinic. Thanks God that my friend is alright! We were considered lucky as things could be worst.
For me, as an active and outdoor person really despised the lack of safety measures provided by the chalet owner. This is absolutely the most horrible holiday experience i had so far. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome all to qimi chalet. We treat you as our family... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Qimi Chalet Hotel Pulau Kapas
- Qimi Chalet Pulau Kapas