“Amazing staff! Highly recommended”

Watercolours Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: A dive centre on Perhentian Besar offering PADI courses, dive and snorkel trips.
“Amazing staff! Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I came here to do my Open Water Course. Had a great time during the course. My instructor, Nafi is an excellent, very professional Instructor. I would highly recommend anyone who would like to do the course with him.

I did my first fun dive with Petra and she is amazing! Great support, highly professional. Feel free to dive with her too.

Dive Center's owner and other staff members are really friendly and you would be happy to come again to dive with them.

Barcelona, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Couldn't ask for more! +AAA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was diving there in 2009 and Anke was the dive master, a great professional. But then I repeated my experience in 2013, apparently all the staff had changed (as when I read the reviews), but this really didn't matter, because the new staff was just the BEST! Petra was the instructor for the Open Water Diving Course for my two friends and both of them were really pleased with her training and teaching! She was a real great person and real nice to have met her. Lee was the dive master and I had tons of fun diving with him, he took me to different spots for fun dives and even they tried to please us when we asked for a petition to go dive in Tokung Laud, the Temple of Fish, as soon as we got an extra person to complete the group of 4 people, we were able to go there and AWESOME is the word that describes our dive, we enjoyed it to the max!!
I could see turtles, and some other typical kind of fishes you can see around in the area, and was not deceived, even though I would have liked to see some big blacktip sharks or reef sharks, but oh well, maybe some other time.

We got complimentary coffee or tea and some snacks after every dive, dive masters were really professional and we would go over all the animals we've found inside the water to keep track of them and note them down on our log book, which is something you don't do everywhere you go diving, so it was a feeling that they cared about their customers and about the beauty of the sea and the respect for the marine world.

The owner of the Dive centre even helped me out with providing information and email/www address site to get the same mask I used in the centre with prescripctioned glasses. He was really nice with this gesture and I appreciatte the effort and help! Thumbs up for the Watercolours Dive Centre!! If I ever have the chance to travel back to Perhentian Island, with no doubt I will repeat my experience with them :-)

Visited August 2013
Hong Kong, China
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great diving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

A few days back I had to change my earlier plans and switched for some diving at Perhentians. Watercolours was the only dive shop open, and no regrets! I did some nice dives and really enjoyed staff and dive sites (especially then three Police Boats). Its was all very personal and pleasant, nice de-briefing with lots of recalling of all we had seen. And I felt great responsibility with all for the water life and fragile nature of the islands and surroundings. Recommended!

3 Thank wuyck
Chiang Mai, Thailand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“I'm also pleased !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is our 4th trip to Perhentian and our fourth (4) time diving with Watercolors Dive Center. We only found out that Anke and her team left after we arrived since I was not aware that Andrew was the new manager. Anyway, it did not matter a bit since Andrew and his team run the dive center very well and professional. I even found that some of the equipment was newer and in better shape and some of the organisational procedures are more up to date. We are experienced divers with more than 200 dives and I have to say that diving with all dive masters and instructors was fun. They were all very helpful and made our diving trip a success. Also the underwater world is still as beautiful as 12 years ago when we came the first time. Keep it up Andrew and the team. You do an excellent job. Well done !
The only negative is that Watercolors is still pairing up with the Paradise Resort and Restaurant which is terrible. See my other review under Paradise Resort and Restaurant. When this was run by Anke and her team it was a MUST, not it's a MUST avoid ! Andrew, pair up with somebody else since it's upsetting some of the divers I talked to.

Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Pleased!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

The dive centre lost its entire dive staff last year. I am pleased to say that I am happy with the new management and kudos to Andrew Keogh and his wife Sharon for running it just as well if not better than last year.

I am going back this Saturday with new expectations - when I was there last, I got stuck on boats going to Tanjung Basi and you can only dive the same damn site so many times. I have already told them not to put me on some dive sites I have been to numerous times already.

Visited July 2012