“Nice place for divers” 4 of 5 bubbles

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice place for divers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at flora bay 10 days. Very kind and helpfull staff, good food, and nice environment, unfortunately the beach was not so nice as we expected therfor we took taxi to the other side of the island.

The diving instructor was very kind, and explained everything in detailes.

We spend two days diving, one day snorkeling ä, one day walked through the jungle, and one day at the other side of the island. So I suggest that 5 days is enough if you do not like just to sitt and take it easy.

1 Thank JohnnyYakoub

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The worst!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel here rip me off... charged me two rooms for one night after I changed rooms and refuse to amend accordingly. Would not recommend to stay here for anyone... Totally horrible....

4 Thank Thomas L
Singapore, Singapore
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

A few points on why I think it is a great dive site.
1. Instructor Mat Yie teaches the major points and allowed me to make the mistakes before correcting. He also make sure that I learn certain techniques which is not taught in basic but is very useful in underwater safety..Allows me to know the consequences and learn better
2. As I went during low season, it was a 1-1 teaching so more personalized.
3. Relaxed atmosphere, you never feel pressurized that you are a beginner in diving.
4. Great condition gear, the gears are almost new and you learn on the conditioning of the gear after the dive. Hence you know that you are responsible to make it in good condition for the next guy!
5. Most importantly, I never been in water for years and I still managed to learn scuba!
I started off with basic open water diving...its is tiring...but i decided to continue to advanced open water diving with flora bay diving center after it. Strongly recommend to others.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JapKoreanThai
Singapore, Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Dive was okie. We went in sep so already expected the weather gonna be horrid and visibility gonna be zero.

Lucky that most of us were AOW divers, cos we pretty much dive on our own. Reason being, our DM just take it so easy and most of the time we are on our own. The DM even lost us during one of the dive and we need to nagvigate themselves back to the boat. He didnt bother to come find us. That’s not what we expect from a 5 star padi DC. Disappointing.

No, we wont dive with them again. Safety come first, but looks like there’s no safety implemented at all.

We asked for the wifi in the DC but they say there’s no wifi, come on, We saw there’s wifi, that’s why we asked for it? So the reason they not willing to share the wifi so that we will purchase from the resort. We are your customer too Floral Bay, what are you thinking?

Bad experience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank yvonnesher
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brilliant diver course/instructor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Did my OW course here and my instructor was great. She was very patient when it took me a while to learn things and I finished a confident diver. I'd definitely recommend Flora Bay for diving!

Visited October 2013